Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 18)  (Read 16848 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 7)
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:06 am »

Adrienne really did smile looking at her radiant self, until she heard the comm chatter with another pronouncement of doom.

She poked aside her curtain and looked out into the night sky, but couldn't see anything in the rain. She knew Steam Planes-they had called them Steam Birds when she was a young girl, and they had flown quite dangerously-either carried bombs or men with guns and knives...both were bad. Particularly so, for an unarmed female Diplomat from a nation of their enemy. She had not given much thought to capture...it was too gruesome to imagine.

She went over, and tapped the steam tube control hesitantly.

"...Um, alright. I was just getting settled in, though...I'll stay put, right here in my quarters. That's good for me."

At that, she began a concise search of the room-looking any sort of emergency weapons. There was probably a sword or knife in here, at least.

Action: Adrienne searches her own room for a weapon of some sort.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2012, 06:30:10 pm »

Welsey closed a drawer and looked up through the view port in front of him, seeing the men aboard the planes.  He sighed and opened the drawer once more, and pulled out a bone saw.  That'll do.

Go to the boiler room.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2012, 06:31:58 pm »

Stay in the boiler room.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2012, 07:27:41 pm »

Open fire! If the cannon can't turn towards the steam plane, use my carbine on their boarders.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2012, 01:33:40 pm »

Move to a position to repel the boarders with your trusty revolver.
Raggle Fraggle

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 8:
October 13th, 1888

Charles looks left and right, hoping to put the airship into a good position to repel invaders. He sees the first steamplane just off the right side, so he tries to roll the ship to the left. This just makes the Thunderchild's rigging groan in protest. This doesn't seem to be working. (5)

Adrienne frantically searches for a weapon. In her panic, she throws everything around the room. Finally she settles on a shoe with a particularly pointed heel. This will have to do. She stands just to the side of her doorway, waiting to smack someone with the shoe.(4 )

Wesley gets the bone saw, nods approvingly, and takes off downstairs. He sees Adrienne tearing up her room... obviously she saw a mouse or some other vermin. With a slight smile he heads downstairs. There is a massive iron door to the actual boiler room, with the dual purpose to protect the crew from boiler explosions and to keep heat from spreading. The door shuts with a metallic clang and Wesley turns the wheel to seal it. (8 )

Lyliss hears the announcement and barely takes notice. She is watching the needle on a brass gauge dance. There's some sort of rhythmic quality about it that makes it fascinating. The iron boiler room door shuts with a clang, and Lyliss is finally drawn away from the gauge. It's somewhat comforting to have someone else around. (6)

There's one path for a soldier, and that's war. Notton has brought war to the Thunderchild, so Gerald has decided to return the favor. As the ship pitches back and forth, several boarders become visible on the top of the steamplane. They are dressed in suede jackets with blue scarves, and have on black facemasks with dark, circular goggles. Gerald takes his carbine from his back and starts firing.

BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP

The three Notton soldiers are held at bay for a short moment, until Harker reaches the top deck. Harker has his revolver out and runs towards the fore of the ship, ready to meet the attackers head on. He holds the revolver at arms length, and levels it on one of the soldiers who is readying himself to jump from the plane to the ship. A single shot rings out, and the soldiers head explodes. (10)

The two other soldiers on the plane are now frantic and attempt to get to the deck of the airship. One throws a grappling hook, hits Gerald in the knee with it, and latches onto a nearby piece of railing on the Thunderchild. He then swings over to the Thunderchild and pushes the stunned Gerald aside to face off with Harker. He appears to be empty handed but his uniform has several weapons on it, including a revolver and a knife. (10)

The other soldier doesn't get so lucky. Just as he begins a swing, Charles rolls the ship in a direction that makes the grappling hook slip from the railing. The soldier falls to the abyss below. (1)

Player Status :
Spoiler: Charles(Doomblade187) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyliss(Skyrunner) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald(Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harker(Riccto) (click to show/hide)
Airship
Spoiler: available stations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Airship Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:01:40 pm by Mullet Master »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 8)
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2012, 08:48:02 am »

Adrienne listening carefully to the noises coming through the ship-first, the dull hammering shots of someone shooting a carbine...then, a small bark like a pistol. She heard a faint clattering noise, like a chain being attached to something.

People were fighting, she deduced brilliantly. But whose side was winning?

Action: Stay in my cabin!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2012, 12:28:24 pm »

Remain in the boiler room.

((Don't have much to rp unless Lyliss says something to me))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2012, 12:42:15 pm »

((@King: Remember, the ship has a pipe communication system. If you wanna RP something, you can ask Adrienne if she's injured, ask the people on the bridge whats happening with the fight, etc etc.))

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2012, 12:52:51 pm »

((@King: Remember, the ship has a pipe communication system. If you wanna RP something, you can ask Adrienne if she's injured, ask the people on the bridge whats happening with the fight, etc etc.))

((1. He's smart enough to know not to get you character talking about herself.
2. If they are fighting they won't be able to answer back.
3. There is no three.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:52 pm »

Keep the ship on course, and have my revolver ready to draw should boarders come to the bridge.

((Remember, if anybody wants my character to do something, just shout through the tubes.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »

((@Doom: Rp away!))

Adrienne happened to glance out her window, and barely saw a tiny seeming man with a scarf and black goggles falling into the abyss-without the aid of flight...in a moment, he vanished into the cloud cover.

Her first instinct, was to contact the bridge, and by extension Airshipman Charles. She was nervous, and talking rapidly.

"Um, I just saw a man overboard. Was he one of ours? Also, how's the battle going? Are we winning?

Ah, if the bridge is already taken, I suppose I'm talking to the enemy. In that case, I hearby surrender the vessel unconditionally, on behalf of the Proggrovian Goverment and ask you to have mercy on me...us."

Naturally, in her haste, she had pressed the ship-wide communication button.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:58:47 pm by Dwarmin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2012, 07:01:00 pm »

"Thanks for surrendering, Adrien, but I think the ship is still our's,"
chips Lyliss through the pipes.

"Are you OK? Do you have something to protect you?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2012, 07:14:46 pm »

Adrienne glanced at her pointy shoe-which was made of real imported Noire Walrus-leather. Ooh, expensive.

"Is that you Lyliss? Uh, thank you for your concern, but I'm alright. Glad to hear the ship is still under our control!

...My head hurts, but it's only a bump. I've had worse bumps.

Oh, and I found a shoe and barred the door. I suppose I can bop a villainous sky pirate over the head if he tries to abduct me. That always works in the moving pictures..."
She answered back.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2012, 07:22:32 pm »

Harker kept his body low as he eyed his adversary, then Fire a single shot and then attempt to roll out from any retaliation.
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14