Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 18)  (Read 16845 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 4)
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 11:00:40 pm »

(Herp.  I changed my text but I didnt change my action. )
Raggle Fraggle

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 11:13:26 pm »

((I suggest we go up as well, if they try to follow we just pepper them with Gatling rounds, and see how high they get, hahahahaa.  Course my "character" has no opinion.))

Wesley goes to the infirmary and begins to take stock.

Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 08:07:13 am »

Adrienne pointed to the clouds dramatically. She resisted the urge to jump up and down, but it was tempting.

"Higher! Higher!

Get us out of the melee, pilot!"

In fact, Adrienne felt like she was on the edge of a panic attack. She just felt so helpless...

Action: Vote for going Higher.

Freak out.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 08:14:13 am »

"Pilot! Take us up!"

Continue manning the front cannon. Fire at any hostile ships that look like they'll be going after us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 11:00:57 pm »

"I'm taking us high. Wesley, man the guns. I'm going to need some major fire support. Also, I need somebody to man the gatling gun. I don't care if you haven't before, just do it! I'm going to get closer to the other ships, then hit the thruster, so I need somebody to ready that, too. Hurry!"

Take the ship high, and try to evade the other airships and the crossfire, staying towards the edges. Have Wesley fire on any enemy that gets close. Be ready to trigger the steam thruster, and put both engines at full throttle.

(Sorry I was slow, I didn't see the post on the first page....  :-[ )
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »

((how the hell are you even talking to me? how small is this ship that we can have a conversation in two different rooms, or do we have like pipes with speakers, in some sort of tin can tied to string technology))((Also on a separate note, last names, seriously my character's gonna call you by your last name, and calling you Mr. Charles is pretty lame.  Harker can remain Harker for all I care since it sounds like a last name anyway, plus it's Harker, as in one who Harks, as in one who pays close attention, genius))

"Damned it Mr. Charles, I'm a surgeon not a deckhand!" Welsey said as he came barging into the cockpit, turning to climb up a few steps onto the top deck, he turned back and looked at Lyliss, "Little Miss, you like machines and explosions, come help me figure out this blasted thing."

Take the back gun so people don't bitch at me if we some how magically get attacked from behind.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:30:42 pm by King_of_the_weasels »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 11:32:28 pm »

(Harker's last name is Harker. He doesnt go around handing first names willy nilly.)
Raggle Fraggle

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 11:33:09 pm »

(Harker's last name is Harker. He doesnt go around handing first names willy nilly.)

((I already assumed as much))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 11:45:21 pm »

((I just think of there being a bunch of tubes leading to different parts of the ship for the captain to shout into))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2012, 11:53:04 pm »

((I just think of there being a bunch of tubes leading to different parts of the ship for the captain to shout into))

((Well don't use the captain's tubes! since you are not the captain.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 02:31:44 am »

DO WHAT WESLEY SAID

(sorry, can't type up rp xD, no time.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 09:34:10 pm »

Turn will be posted Monday. Haven't forgot, just weekdays are a lot better for me than weekends.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 5 :
October 12th, 1888
One hour before midnight

Harker tries to establish some order on board the vessel. There's rain pouring down, thunder, cannon shots in the distance, and a city burning below, so it's pretty easy to see why communication is almost impossible.  He shouts at everyone within earshot "Go Up!" and "Steam Thruster!". Repeatedly.  Most are confused by this, but eventually Charles understands that he means that we should go up. Harker shrugs and goes down to the steam thruster control valve bank and starts turning knobs, inadvertently dumping all steam pressure out a dump valve. The ship loses all engine power and a huge blast of steam propels the ship at a high rate of speed vertically, and by the time Harker turns off the valve, the ship starts falling at a rapid pace due to the buoyancy lines being empty(2)

Adrienne is in a corner of the bridge, sobbing hysterically and occasionally shouting at Charles. When the steam is dumped, she hits the ceiling and bangs her head, and is thrown back to the floor when the ship reverses direction. She continues to shout at Charles "Take us up! Take us up! Take us up! We are falling!" She starts jumping up and down, hoping to prove a point.(6)

Gerald is manning the gun when the ship starts heading upwards, so he wraps his arms around the cannon barrel to stay in the ship. As the ship reverses direction, he looks to the bridge and sees the chaos in there, so he decides to abandon his post and go to the bridge. (9)

Charles had barely started a course to gain altitude. He was reaching for the boiler pressure lever when the ship lurched, and managed to grab it to hold himself in place. As he did that, he inadvertently grabbed the emergency shutoff with the other hand, which quenched the fire in the boiler. As the ship reverses direction, he is thrown into a pipe handle and his head is cut greviously. Blood is splattered across the bridge and he's now laying face down, stunned. (1)

((You can take an action next turn))

Wesley dutifully trudges to his station. As he starts to load the cannon, the ship lurches and Wesley grabs on to a nearby rope from the rigging. He's thrown into the underside of the balloon as the ship goes verticaly, and then swings wildly over the edge as the ship starts to fall back down . His heart is racing and he looks at the ground below him, now rapidly approaching.(5)
((Wesley is still hanging by the rope over the edge, approximately 3m below the top deck. ))

Lyliss goes to to the gatling gun, deep within the bottom of the ship. As the ship lurches, she wedges herself between two structural beams and waits for the worst of the movement to quell. She quickly forms a hypothesis that something has went wrong with the thruster, so she quickly rushes to the boiler to disable it. She also notices two more unusual things - out the window, Wesley is hanging onto a rope. And the boiler is dead.

<< The boiler needs to be restarted, the ship is currently a sitting duck, and Adrienne is losing it.>>

Player Status :
Spoiler: Charles(Doomblade187) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyliss(Skyrunner) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald(Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harker(Riccto) (click to show/hide)
Airship
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Airship Stats (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 5)
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 06:19:57 pm »

((I KNEW STEAM THRUSTERS WERE A BAD IDEA D: The word 'experimental' is NEVER good.))

Lyliss heads back to the boiler and restarts it somehow. Engineer knowledge go! :P

Also, on the way there, she shouts to Wesley, cupping her hands, "Don't slip! Also, don't look down! Whatever you do, don't look down! Or slip! Or slip while looking down or ... you get the point, right?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 5)
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 06:54:20 pm »

Adrienne decided to be helpful, by shrieking and waving her arms.

"We're all going to die! Cog forgive us...

Oh, now I wish had married..."

She gestured out the viewport toward their impending doom, over dramatically.

"The ground!

We're going to hit the GROUND! And DIE!"

Action: Lose it, yell obvious things.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14