Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 18)  (Read 16834 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

Name: Harker
Class: Agent (Of some intelligence or defense agency.)
Item:Revolver

Good?
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Adrienne is best described as 5 feet even-maybe a little under that. Pleated locks of her long, carefully tended apple red hair spill over slim shoulders in fashionable reverie. Warm green eyes, slightly worn from lack of recent sleep do seem troubled at times, even when she's smiling-which is often. Her slim looks, general air of confidence, along with fair skin and warm demeanor make her an attractive woman, to be sure.

When entertaining, she's usually garbed in the manner of a Proggrov Diplomat-a green silken gown trailing from her feet to her shoulder, that is designed to be tasteful, fashionable and intriguing. On ship though, she prefers to dress down in long pants, plain white shirt and an open collared coat made of heavy wool, sometimes with a pillbox hat canted jauntily on her head-it's all the rage in fashion these days, anyway...

She speaks like this, most often

But for now, she has little to add-the workings of such strange beasts as these monstrous airships is beyond her. She just wants to complete her mission before they no longer have a home to return to...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Charles is a tall youth, standing at almost two meters. He's an old hand on airships, his father having worked on an airship too. He has a relaxed personality, but can focus when it's needed. He wears his brown hair short, with deep brown eyes.

I don't really care whether we get a 3-incher or a 5-incher, but if you really want my opinion, I'd say the 3-incher; there are a lot of ships out there and I'd rather not have to aim a 5-incher under fire.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:26:15 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile

Agh, me wanna join T_T.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

"I would put us down for a 3-Incher."

Harker said as he approached the group. He was wearing a pinstriped three piece suit with a gold watch chain leading from the vest into his pocket. All well maintained as the rest of his appearance. His hair cropped close to his skull and wearing a close trimmed "beard" (Which is just a step above five o'clock shadow)
Raggle Fraggle

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

(The thing is, we already have one 3"; I was saying another 5" should be chosen for versality of targets...)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous

(The thing is, we already have one 3"; I was saying another 5" should be chosen for versality of targets...)

((I'd like to point out that we are delivering cargo, not attacking ships or buildings. Not to mention we are fighting other air ships, a gatling gun could take out the integrity of there balloons and slow them down while we with our extra engine and steam booster, would get away.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((Can we do this in-character? :P ))

Adrienne coughed politely, gaining every-ones attention.

"While I don't know much about the mechanics of your...peculiar vessel...I must remind everyone that are goal is to avoid combat-we cannot win this war by ourselves. I suggest we travel light, fast and inconspicuously as possible.

All the bravery of our countrymen will be for nothing, if our mission is delayed or interrupted."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous

((we could of, but then I would of had to break character, also if I may ask a favor, can everyone besides just me have a last name, we're not all buddies here.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

"But... Explosions! BOOM!

... Well, then let's go with four radials, a gatling, and a 3" cannon? 
"

Lyliss petitions to Adrienne, before suggesting a different loadout.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 2: The Cogs of Civilization grind to a halt
October 12th, 1888
Fifteen past ten, in the PM
((Feel free to continue your discussion about the loadout - you'll have an opportunity to finalize it before takeoff. ))

Your group gathers around and discusses what equipment the airship is to be fitted with. After some debate, the list is checked and the final document is signed by Lyliss. As a young man in a woolen overcoat dashes out the door with the envelope, you hear the sound of sirens.

The woman in the red dress comes in the room again, this time holding a stack of telegraphs. The telegraphs are so fresh that her porcelain white hands now have murky ink stains spreading across them. She looks to the King, and says "Sir, it is time. You have..."

She looks down at the telegraph and reads over it, several times. Silently mouthing the words to prepare herself for her next statement. "Sir. There is a... mechanical spider... that has emerged from our very own warehouse district. It appears to be Proggrov must have at least some traitors... And it is headed our way. Our military cannot muster fast enough..."

The King frowns and walks back to the conference table from his window. "Enough. I am seeking refuge. I am going!" He disappears into an antechamber and the cabinet members follow.

Your group leaves the room and you find yourself in the middle of a large steel staircase, spiraling downwards into the base of the tower. You're in a large atrium, but the size is hidden by the darkness. Every once in a while the lightning will flash outside, and illuminate the entire area. The group comes to a brief consensus to go to the Royal Zeppelin workshop, which is approximately ten flights of stairs down from you and a short walk in a breezeway.

As you descend the final flights of stairs, you hear two large explosions coming from above you. The noise is absolutely deafening, and reverberates throughout of the building several times. Debris starts to fall nearby from the newly made holes above. You see one shaft of light coming in through the hole, a glowing orange circle against the dark sky. And then you see another. And another. And finally - eight. It's the eyes of the mechanical spider! It's enormous, each leg being about a meter in diameter and ending in a sharp point. You know that the body is likely to be equally massive, but most of it is obscured the expanding debris cloud. The spider is trying to tear it's way into the wrought iron tower skin, through the holes just pierced for it. It sticks one leg in, rips a chunk of the wall out, and then another. It's doing this with an eerie efficency - you would swear it was alive if it wasn't for the high pitched howl of it's steam actuators blowing down.

There's two exits. One, across a catwalk into the Zeppelin Workshop. This looks precarious, there's debris falling all around and the spider may knock down even larger pieces.
Two, continue down the stairs and approach the Zeppelin chamber from below. This will take longer but may be safer.

<<Choose your character's path, everyone can go different directions >>

Player Status :
Spoiler: Charles(Doomblade187) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyliss(Skyrunner) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald(Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harker(Riccto) (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

"See, I told you we needed 5" cannons! We have to bombard the spider!"

She continues down the stairs, attempting to tug Adrienne with her for some reason.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'll take on the surname Keene.))

"This wouldn't be a threat if we were airborne! Three-bores'll be fine!"

Heroically flee across the catwalk.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

Harker stood still for a moment, people hurrying may of bumped into him but he needed to observe the situation, remember his training. He decided to book it down the stairs with his revolver out. Just for any surprises.

"I'd think we should actually get a 5. We need to make sure we arnt shot down by some stray AA."
Raggle Fraggle

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

"Well, the cannons won't do us any good until we get to the zeppelin! Run!

Charles runs down the stairs towards the hanger, checking behind him to watch out for the spider.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:06:42 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14