Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 15: Resurrection!)  (Read 16001 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 11: Business Time!)
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2012, 07:22:24 pm »

Matsuo took a step backwards and looked down at the injured bandit. "I am surprised that a Bandit like you managed to fight so well. But I think we can say that this is over. Would you like to take your own life or shall I do the honor?"

Matsuo waits for the bandits reaction, again preparing to counterattack if the leader makes any sudden movements.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2012, 09:25:52 pm »

Shimizu decided trying to remove the trees was too risky. The prisoners could escape, a tree could fall on someone... He would wait until his scouts got back, and in the meanwhile, establish some sort of camp. Make the prisoners do the hard work, so they will be too tired to escape. Always have a decent amount of men around them and pointing at them with the rifles.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2012, 12:21:05 am »

((I was dissapointed when this turn had nothing to do with business socks.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2012, 06:28:51 am »

Nikolae carefully moves out of the men's pistols range of fire before starting to yell his questions. He also goes back to running and shoots one in the face in the process if they go hostile once more.
"Well, gentlemen, I just wanted to know what business are those. I was very curious about the fact there is a gambling house in a religious town. Are you members of an organization?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »

Waiting for Orogami.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2012, 11:05:06 pm »

((Sorry again))

Horokomoi smiles.
"Well, if you come back here at evening, I will be able to show you why personally!"

Get da cash!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 12: Angry Conversations)
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »

Chapter 12: Angry Conversations

Io and Johnny step outside, where Io sets up a bottle and the rules of the wager. The American looks at the bottle intensely. Shrugging, he backs up 15 paces. He pulls out a Revolver, and aims it so fast Io can hardly tell the time apart from him upholstering the gun and then putting it up. The first shot goes straight through the bottle, cutting it in half. The second shot shatters the top half further. The third shot manages to go straight through the center of the bottlecap! Johnny puts his smoking revolver down. "I expect you to pay me for those bullets, at least in drinks."

((Yes, revolvers exist in this time period. While they carry multiple-shots the downside is that they are much less accurate than a pistol. (It's like comparing an Uzi to a Bolt-action rifle.) The only people who would use them are sharpshooters and close-combat soldiers.))

Spoiler: Sarawa Io (click to show/hide)

"Yakuza!" As the group yells this, all the villagers Nikolae can see start running into houses and buildings. Doors are shut and windows are slammed. "And what are you doing here round-eyes? Think you can steal business from us with your European ways?!"

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Shimizu tells his men to order the prisoners to build a make-shift camp. His soldiers order the POWs out onto a field, giving them the equipment for some quick tents. The prisoners begin to work against their will....when four of them make an escape attempt!

(Enemy Roll: 6-1)

Two of them are shot and killed instantly. One is shot in the arm, but he and his friends manage to dissipate into some trees!

Spoiler: Shimizu Katsuo (click to show/hide)

Horokomoi runs to the house and fetches a chest containing the money. However, when he gets back to the stand, he sees five men at the stand. They are Mutoshomi, and their leader in the most elegant green-clothing is Zabuto, the gambler of the Mutoshomi clan. "Can you not see what the Orogami are doing?!" he yells into the crowd. "They work in league with white men to overthrow the country to take for themselves!" The crowd gasps. Oushi-Tadai steps forward, but the Mutoshomi draw guns and swords. Zabuto snickers, "Not a good idea Oushi..."

Spoiler: Horokomoi Orogami (click to show/hide)

The Bandit Leader coughs up a sizable amount of blood. He looks up into Matsuo's eyes, for quite a while. Then, he swings his fist at Matsuo's body, but the Samurai is prepared for the attack!

(5+1 vs. 4)

Before the fist can reach him, Matsuo swings his sword down and slices into Bandit's skull! He does not utter a cry as a section of his head flies off, he just faints on the ground as his cerebrum spills out blood. Matsuo notices something on the bandit's body that he did not see before: A large tattoo on his back from the Ikki Ikko bandit clan.

Spoiler: Matsuo Satoshi (click to show/hide)

"I will! Me too! Count me in!" Soon enough, Akira has the whole drunken lot of them under his command.

Spoiler: Akira Hiroto (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2012, 06:14:23 pm »

"Now then, let's prepare for the hunt. We are hunting down Shumi Luimi. He has stolen from out benefactors, the Shutomo. For this, he will face the punishment he deserves! Now, prepare well tonight, for we head out on the dawn. All those of you who do not flee should meet me at the gates of the town upon the dawn."

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »

Io laughs at the site and goes to the tavern. "I will pay for this man's drinks." Let the tab run up up to 8000 but no more. "We should get going, we have much work to do." With what money I have left, buy food for myself and my companion. Once we are far away enough from the village I would ask him. "What are you not willing to do? I need to know how far you will be willing to go to earn your pay." Io planned to get money again, but he needed to see what his new friend would be willing to do first.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2012, 07:19:04 pm »

Nikolae furrows his brow slightly. Oh, Yakuza. He really was out of luck.
"No, actually no! I was just passing through this place while on my way to another town. Nice to meet you too, but I am sorry and I may have to leave now."
He smiles cheerfully and prepares to leave. Well, he has a plan.

Nikolae walks away from the spot. If the men start to run after him, the prussian immediately goes back to running, searching for a place where he can get help. He uses the superior range of the rifle over the pistols to shoot one of the men in the face. Nikolae also takes advantage of the fact he is agile and very difficult to try and tire to make them give up on the chase while running out of their pistols' range and shooting at them.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2012, 09:40:41 pm »

"Leave them be." Shimizu ordered, and looked at the prisoners. "However, we'll have to make sure those don't get ideas. Let them finish the work, at gunpoint, and tie them. If they try to escape, shoot their legs." Still, someone informing the Imperialists that we're here does not agree with my plans. Four soldiers should suffice to get those escapees though. He walked to the other end of the camp and picked his four best trackers. He motioned for them to come to him and whispered "Pursue the escapees. Capture them alive, and return to me. If you don't find them in less than two days, come back." I'll show those idiots what happens to those who defy me.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2012, 11:42:59 pm »

Horokomoi puts the chest in his pocket and motions for Oushi-Tadai to stay put. He then stands in the front of the crowd, suppressing his anger.

"Do you not see these lies?! If any of you were in the marketplace earlier, you would of seen him make the smae conversation with me. So I will answer accordingly; The imperialists are getting stronger each day, and what do we do? Do we stand back and allow the military to do all the work? No! They need our help; the help of the people! Sometimes, however, we need assistance ourselves. That is why I have called on the white men. They speak about weapons that can fire further than any gun! No longer shall this be an even battle! The battle will be in our favour, and,"
His voice dropped a tone.
"Families can be re-united."
He then turns to Zabuto, hardly containing his rage any more. He knew that he shouldn't be this angry, but he suddenly felt a sense of protectiveness over his cousin, even though he is the older out of the two.
"Can you not see what the Mutoshomi must be doing? They bring weapons to a fundraising! I say that they do not care who wins the war, as long as they profit!"

Once he is finished talking, he moves to the flank of the men, looking for a weak point in case they attack.
((And TCM, I meant get the cash from the people, not from my house.))

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2012, 12:07:38 am »

Matsuo picks up his Yari and wipes the blood from his sword on the bandit leader's pants before noticing the tatoo on his back.

Heh, looks like I might have made some enemies today...

He then goes and checks the state of the two farmers who helped him fight and searches the bandit's corpses for anything interesting.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »

Turn 13 will be up shortly.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 13: Gangs & Racism)
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2012, 06:40:19 pm »

Chapter 13: Gangs & Racism

Johnny drinks to his heart's desire, racking up a tab of 1000 Yen. (A drink is 50 yen mind you, so 8000 would have been 160 drinks.) Io pays a further 1000 Yen for a few days worth of food. After this, the sharpshooters head out on the road. Io asks his new companion, "What are you not willing to do? I need to know how far you will be willing to go to earn your pay."

Johnny the Cyclops looks out into the distance. "...Have you ever had everything taken away from you? Have you seen your hometown stormed by an enemy army, killing and kidnapping your family? You might have, seeing as how y'all in a civil war and all...Anyways, that's what happened to me. They took everything from me, almost killed me. Yankees. Traitors, Heretics." His face scrunches in anger. "Niggers." His voice grows deep, "So after the war I went North. I raised hell. I did everything your mind can thing of to make them suffer. To repent. To show them that the Confederacy never lost. So to answer your question partner, what am I willing to do? Everything."

Spoiler: Sarawa Io (click to show/hide)

Nikolae begins to walk away from the encounter, looking around for help. He doesn't get very far when he hears one of the men yell again, "No one disrespects Yakuza!"(Agility Roll: 1) The yelling startles Nikolae and he trips, falling down. The men descend on the stunned Prussian with Pistols. (1 vs. 1) It's a complete misfire, and Nikolae hears gunshots hit the surrounding area. He flips himself around, his back to the ground and his Rifle pointing at the Yakuza. (6 vs. 4) He fires a shot and shoots one right between the eyes! The Yakuza falls down, and his buddies run to find cover.

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Shimizu finds his four best trackers to pursue the escaped prisoners. They salute and head out on their scouting journey. By this time, the prisoners have finished putting up the tents.

Spoiler: Shimizu Katsuo (click to show/hide)

((Sorry about the misunderstanding. To apologize, I will give the Horokomoi a headcount advantage if a fight breaks out.))

"And here is Mr. Union Jack himself," taunts Zabuto. "Has Nippon every required foriegn support to win a war? No!" It seems news has traveled quickly, as armed servants, guards and associates of both the Mutoshomi and the Orogami begin to arrive, taking sides with their superiors. "So, if it is a war you want, it is a war you get!" The observing townspeople begin to back away.

Orogami Forces: 23
Mutoshomi: 17

Spoiler: Horokomoi Orogami (click to show/hide)

Matsuo cleans his sword of blood and sheaths it, proceeding to pick up his Yari. He inspects the farmer's, who are both still unconscious. He searches the bandits, who don't have anything other than rudimentary weapons and loot they have raided from the village. Speaking of the villagers, the farmers come back outside noticing that the fighting has stopped.

Spoiler: Matsuo Satoshi (click to show/hide)

The men let out one more hurrah before going to their respective sleeping places. Akira has the night to himself for now.

Spoiler: Akira Hiroto (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12