Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 15: Resurrection!)  (Read 16006 times)

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 7: Christians & Decapitation)
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2012, 10:37:34 am »

"Your leader is dead, you are outnumbered! Surrender or die!" Shimizu shouted. If they surrendered, make sure ALL of them drop their weapons, check for secret ones, and keep them at gunpoint. If not, look for the ones who refused most strongly and shoot those. If Shimizu doesn't find those, find and kill the second-in-command.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2012, 03:49:37 pm »

I Didn't realize everyone posted. Sorry guys, turn will be up soon in the future.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »

Chapter 8: Stuff Happens

Whew! It's good to be back.

Io walks down the path, hoping to stumble onto a nearby village for some rest.

(Luck Roll: 6)

And just to his luck, he comes to a village only a half an hour into his walk. Io slumps into a nearby bench, breathing a bit heavily and recuperating. Looking around, nobody seems to be out at the moment. It is quiet...

Spoiler: Sarawa Io (click to show/hide)

Nikolae jumps off Sito's oxen to explore the town. The buildings and people have a Christian and Western feel to them, giving Nikolae a strange sense of nostalgia. It looks like the town has a general store, an open church, and strangely enough, a gambling house.

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Shimizu yells, "Your leader is dead, you are outnumbered! Surrender or die!" They all drop their swords immediately. They put there hands up, and Shimizu's troops begin to round them up....When one pulls out a Tanto Knife and charges Shimizu!

(1 vs. 4)

Shimizu sidesteps the Imperialist threat.

(6 vs. 5)

Shimizu then swings the butt of his rifle into the man's head, knocking him out cold! The other Imperialists become meek after seeing this.

End Battle Results

Shimizu's Sharpshooters: 64 remaining

Enemy Line Infantry: 41 Remaining, Captured

Spoiler: Shimizu Katsuo (click to show/hide)

Oushi-Tadai grins. "Tea sounds delicious. Let us go to your house." The two men, one considerably larger than the other, make their way to Horokomoi's home. The house is a large, palace-like settlement. Servants and people of the Orogami family walk about. Horokomoi and Tadai make their way to the tea room.

Once inside, they kneel down at a table. A geisha places two cups of tea in front of them both. Tadai takes a sip and sighs. Placing the cup back down carefully he says, "So, about your transaction with the English..."

Spoiler: Horokomoi Orogami (click to show/hide)

Matsuo screams and charges the Bandit Leader yet again. His sword shines through the sky. "BANZAI!"

(3 vs. 1)

The sword slashes along the bandit's left leg. He curses softly as he is cut. He yells, "I have it with you damn Bushido! Get out of my way peasant!"

(3 vs. 6)

He swings his uncut arm at the Bo-wielding farmer, who deftly dodges.

(3 vs. 4)

The wooden Bo is slammed towards the Bandit's head, but the muscled man blocks it. The farmer pulls his weapon back and spins around, swinging the opposite end at the thug's torso.

(3 vs. 5)

The bandit leader grabs the Bo in mid-swing!

(2 vs. 4)

He kicks at the farmer, but the farmer jerks his Bo away and leaves him off-balance. Everyone regains their fighting stances.

Spoiler: Matsuo Satoshi (click to show/hide)

Akira puts down the Bow which seemed to have spontaneously appear in his hands. Akira and his partner quickly bag up Boto's head before heading back to the town.

A couple hours later, they come back to the town under the darkness of the moon. The pair walks into the sheriffs office. A deputy sits at the main desk. "The sheriff has left the town for the night, what do you two want?" Akira's partner places Boto's decapitated head on the table. "Oh....that's Boto....So, I've got the money, now if you'll just dispose of the head..." He forks over 12 gold coins.

Spoiler: Akira Hiroto (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 8: Stuff Happens)
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2012, 08:53:09 pm »

Attack again, this time intending to kill.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2012, 08:55:24 pm »

Nicholae decides to visit the general store and the church, and ask the people around about what would a gambling house be possibly doing in the middle of such a religious town, trying to check on opportunities and possible problems. He is a very healthy young man, though, and does not drink, gamble nor smoke.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2012, 09:44:03 pm »

Shimizu smiled. He checks for any other weapon on his assailant and orders his soldiers to do the same to the Imperialists. Have someone see if we have rope. If we do, tie our prisoners. If not, make sure there's always someone pointing their weapons at them, two Shogun supporters for each 3 Imperialists. Check if the enemy captain survived, count our losses.
Freaks.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2012, 11:06:11 pm »

Io tries to find a shop and asks anyone nearby if they know of one in the village, and if not, ask if he could trade money for some food and rest. Maybe talk to some of the village girls to pass the time. (Yes, yes.. Evil plan is coming to fruition. Now that my arch-nemesis, DOESN'T DIE-MAN!, is finally dead, I can do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G)
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:29 pm »

"The English have made machines. Machines that could win us the war. They were but a few ambassadors for their companies, and they needed someone to sponsor them. I, myself was a little skeptical about this, so I only bought one, to see if this isn't some big scam."

"I also have an idea. They say that they will be back from the evening. For now I've decided to take the cost out of my own funds, but later, once we find out if it is a fraud or not, we could go out into the city for fundraising. But now I must ask you this: Will you help me? If you will not, know that I will be perfectly fine with it."

Horokomoi takes an expecting sip.

"Know this as well, cousin. Once you have made your decision, there is no going back. I have wasted enough time in ordering one, I do not need to waste more on family issues."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2012, 11:28:01 pm »

"Well then, shall we meet the others?" Akira says, planning to pull them under his sway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2012, 09:06:56 pm »

You people post too damn fast.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2012, 09:32:01 pm »

You people post too damn fast.
It is a good signal.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 9: Prisoners and Girls)
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2012, 03:58:15 pm »

Chapter 9: Prisoners and Girls

Io walks through the Town, smirking as he sees there are a plentiful amount of attractive females. He finds a small shop with supplies and tools. The cashier looks up. "Can I help you?"

Spoiler: Sarawa Io (click to show/hide)

Nikolae peeks inside the general store. They are selling food such as fruit, vegetables, and meat. There are also a multitude of tools being sold like tinderboxes, axes, rope and ammunition.

The Prussian then heads over to check out the church. He steps inside of it to find it is a tall, Gothic holy house. People pray at the various pews. Some are on the sides, arranging candles and tributes in front of statues of Saints. At the very back there is an altar. A line is in front of it, with people coming to be blessed by the Priest, a man in white robes who dips his hands in water and then touches their foreheads. Above the altar on the wall is a statue of Jesus Christ on the cross.

Nikolae sees the gambling house is active. He hears the roll of dice and the swapping of cards. In front of the building are three men, standing together. Nikolae proceeds up to them and asks, "Excuse me, but I was wondering why there would be a gambling house in the middle of a pious village." One of the men answers, "Because luck is no different than faith. You put your trust that the Lord will help you win, and if he says so, you shall win." As he says this, he seems a bit nervous.

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Captain Shimizu checks his Imperialist assailant for anymore weapons. He has nothing else besides a rusty spoon.

The Sharpshooters tie up the prisoners using rope, bounding their hands behind their back while pointing rifles at them. Zubo reports to Shimizu on the condition of the unit. "We've gone from 80 to 64, meaning 16 casualties.

((In the way I use them, causalities either mean a soldier that is no longer able to fight, suffered a mortal wound, or is dead.))

Shimizu looks around the enemies to check on the enemy captain. However, it seems like he was carried away during the battle.

Spoiler: Shimizu Katsuo (click to show/hide)

Oushi-Tadai looks down towards the ground thoughtfully. Then he looks up. "If it means ending the war, I will gladly go along. I believe that the English are trustworthy people." He takes a sip of tea. "The people have suffered for enough years, and we shall bring glory to our names with these awesome Western machines! But even if you shall abandon family matters, have you considered marriage yet? I have already selected a bride for myself..."

Spoiler: Horokomoi Orogami (click to show/hide)

Matsuo grips his Doragon tightly, his muscles bulging at the grip. Sprinting forward, he silently put determinedly jams his sword at the bandit leader with all of his might.

(6 vs. 6)

The Bandit Leader falls to the ground, barely avoiding the blade from decimating him; the sharp edge stabs into the air right above his head. On the ground, the Bandit Leader attacks Matsuo with a sharp kick!

(5 vs. 5)

The bandit's leg thrusts into Matsuo's stomach, but Matsuo alters his breathing and clenches, his tightened abdomen taking no damage with this technique. As this happens, the Bo Farmer runs up to the bandit leader slams his staff downwards.   

(2 vs. 2)

The thug leader grabs the Bo in mid-air before it can strike him.

(6 vs. 2)

The bandit leader yanks the Bo away, throwing the farmer off balance. The bandit leader simultaneously leaps to his feet as the farmer stumbles to the ground. The bald leader grabs the Bo, and hits the farmer in the head with it fiercely! The farmer gurgles as blood seeps from his forehead. The bandit turns to Matsuo, now armed, and bears his teeth.

Spoiler: Matsuo Satoshi (click to show/hide)

"Sure thing Akira." The two of them set out back to the bar. Akira finds the group very drunk, performing all sorts of amusing drunken antics. One is balancing a tea-cup on his nose, another is in pretty deep make-out session with a purse.

Spoiler: Akira Hiroto (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 9: Prisoners & Girls)
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2012, 04:05:59 pm »

Nikolae smells something fishy about this and sets off to discover the truth. The people here may actually be suffering some kind of oppression, and he wants to help them in any way possible.

((Isn't it funny that the well-meaning, kind character has -Charisma while the resident psychopath fares better with people? I guess that makes Nikolae a bumbling kind person and Akira a sociopath.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:18:16 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2012, 04:15:34 pm »

Shimizu wondered briefly about pursuing the captain, but decided against it. Better to take the safe route and return to friendly territory as soon as possible. Shimizu tries to remember if he was here for any special reason (Besides war, and all that). If not, he would order his unit to march home. Keep a watch on the prisoners and confiscate that spoon from my assailant.
Freaks.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2012, 04:56:53 pm »

"Guess who just got some money!" Akira shouted across the bar.. "Free drinks all around!"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12