Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: meat not being put in barrels? Also reall;y weird strange mood  (Read 1145 times)

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two questions:

1) Why do I have like 40 empty barrels, none reserved on the "p" menu, and 300 meat sitting on the floor?
2) I have a guy with a strange mood who just keeps piling rocks into a mechanics shop.  He is currently up to 8 pages of rocks...
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: meat not being put in barrels? Also reall;y weird strange mood
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »

1: too much meat in a stack, doesn't fit

2: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Planepacked
planepacked bug, burrow active.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 07:21:59 pm »

1. Food stack to big
2. Burrow trouble, prepare for imminent planepack in 3... 2... 1...

Ninjaaa

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:37:35 pm »

This is a rock floodgate! It spikes with diorite, it spikes with admanaite, it spikes with gyspum, it spikes with slade, it spikes with *8 pages later* silt
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 12:49:28 am »

Final product:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sadly, I turned off the civilian alert burrow before seeing the responses to this thread and reading about such artifacts, or I would have let it go on and on and tried to get a record =P.  My dwarves were auto-refilling the stone stockpile he was drawing from perfectly well.  Could have put in thousands of pieces of rock in there if I'd known.  Oh well.

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 01:05:52 am »

What's the price of this artifact?
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 05:04:29 am »

a little over a miilion

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 05:11:07 am »

Badass. I need to try that next time I have a worthless possession. :P

edit: great woodcrafter, secretive mood. I burrowed her quickly, giving her ample opportunity for gathering pretty much everything but excluding the single craftsdwarf workshop I had.

I noticed the flaw in my plan when she had gathered 6 wood logs. I let her gather 10, deleted the burrow and she scooted off for a rock block which was out of reach of the burrow. Silly me. I'm actually looking forward to a woodcraft artifact now. Probably worth relatively much but still nothing fantastic.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:06:23 am by AWdeV »
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)