Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: A Plane of Music  (Read 9323 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Plane of Music
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2012, 06:16:14 am »

If you're still takin', because this sounds awesome:

Name: "Big Red"
Genre: Wonky. (A kind of cheerful, upbeat synthy techno, reminiscent of 80s and 90s.) Eg: Rustie - 444Sure
Fluff: Only is ever called Big Red. No other names are known to anyone but his closest friends. Carries a synth and a laptop around with him for maximum musical output.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2012, 10:12:40 am »

Here is a song for it :)

Best fitting for what I wanted, THE JAZZ IS DEPLOYED

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2012, 11:34:42 am »

emp, reu I'll waitlist you when I get to my computer

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2012, 12:01:24 pm »

(Once I put my mind to something, it's difficult for me to shift direction.
I cannot seem to find exactly what I am looking for and the genre I have chosen,
is too narrow for my mind to find alternatives.
So I request to drop out and let someone else take my place instead,
as I do not want to slow everything down.)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2012, 12:48:07 pm »

I have been preoccupied over the weekend.

"Well, that's a homeland. But an awfully empty one, devoid of life.
Mh, how about a village... somewhere around here? Sounds good. I nominate thee, Catus Carnival!"

Get that village created. It should, ideally, be a crazy little makeshift one, but still a charming one. Same with the populace - no humans, I'd prefer animal-people. Refer to the video.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2012, 01:03:49 pm »

hmm, since I'm on the player list

Create my plane (dark blue), a giant evergreen forest.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:24:05 pm by empfan »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2012, 01:05:37 pm »

I need a song. It strikes me as wise to after this is over to re-host it, but without a musical neccesity.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:12:59 pm by Spinal_Taper »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2012, 01:12:01 pm »

I need a song.

hmmm, this

Edit: Suppose actually the world should be shaped around the song, might as well do that

Will that work?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:24:43 pm by empfan »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »

Chapter Two: The construction

Murmack: "Its a bit bigger than I imagined" As you whistle, around you a seemingly spectral quartet seems to form. They look solid, but faded, two male and two female. They begin to play the soothing tune you had just imagined, and the Hydra seems to relax a llittle. One holds out a violin for you, it looks inviting you to joing their musical performance. (4)

James: "Well damn! This is pretty awesome. Huh... I think I need a place to stay... yeah, that should do it." You begin walking to the mountains. You make it to the base of the mountain and begin to hum the song. You hear the music fading in from behind you, and a Fender Stratocaster, custom built for you appears within your hands. You strum a little, and the mountain begins to shake from the power.(5)

Louie: "Well, I'm starting here then. You know what I could use? Some allies, like an army..." The beat comes in strong behind you, and you can feel it moving your soul. However, the beat starts to fade away, you lost your concentration with your dreams of glory and an army. You look down, and the statue is beginning to fall apart, you pictured the beat a bit too big, it seems.(1)

Werty: "Holey Smokes!" "I really must be in some other world! Well, if I can do things like this here... What I need is a palace!" In your head, you hear the sax come in strong. You wistfully think of yours, back home, and it appears in your hands, ready to play. The music continues, you focus, and in an empty lot in front of you, a girder begins to jut out of the ground. When it reaches it's full height, a trio of conjoining bars grow around it. Then, a dome falls, and the later three bars catch it with a mighty crunching sound. They bend ever so slightly, to let it rest on the first. Lights begin to glow on it, and a sign appears on the front, "The Seat of Jazz". You look at your mighty tower.

Koro Kokoro: "Well, that's a homeland. But an awfully empty one, devoid of life. Mh, how about a village... somewhere around here? Sounds good. I nominate thee, Catus Carnival!"In the center of your grassland, trees begin to grow, and cut themselves into wooden supports. Around them, the sawdust becomes wooden planks, forming small ramshackle huts. Out of them walk animal people(whatever the hell those things are) however, their homes don't look to sturdy and they begin to shudder. (2)

Jack Scott: You wake up from your deep sleep awakened by a mighty crunching sound. You look around you, and in the distance you see a small city, the biggest attraction being a mighty tower. Still too chocked to care, you think of music to calm yourself. Viva La Lida should work. You sit back, and begin to hum the melody of it. Suddenly, you notice thick grass and mighty pines popping out of the blankness of the ground. Then, shrubs begin to pop up in between the trees, taking in all the excess light. (auto)

------: A familiar tune passes through it's head, but before it may act, it has to tend to it's guests.

Player List:

Errol=Koro Kokoro
Werty=Werty
Sinpwn=James Danelan
empfan=Jack Scott
TCM=Louie 'The Revolution' Martin
Zomara=Murmack Somother

Notes: Sinpwn, Werty and Murmack just created their first weapons. They give a bonus to songs that include that instrument.
I have changed the mechanics, now your genre gives a bonus to that genre. You will be seeing the previous PCs later.

(Should the players be able to affect themselves?)

Critique my writing please!

Map up! All the territory of your color is what you have the greatest influence on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Color guide:
Werty: Black
Koro: Green
Louie: Brown
James: Light Blue
emp: dark blue
Murmack: Yellow

If you'd like to change your color, let me know. Tell me if you spot inconsistencies.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2012, 01:38:46 pm »

"Well, this is odd...must be another lucid dream or something"

Create a city overgrown with plants, have The Piano be played through out it's creation, and base the people on the song.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:46:49 pm by empfan »

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2012, 05:47:38 pm »

Since I keep missing out I'll create a character to waitlist in case slots open up again.

Name: Sozinho
Genre: Brazilian
Fluff: A street urchin who grew up in the city of Sao Paolo. Plays guitar for tips from wealthy tourists.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2012, 08:44:55 pm »

(OCC: Do all things require songs, or just major things? And is my city populated?)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2012, 08:56:54 pm »

(OCC: Do all things require songs, or just major things? And is my city populated?)
Let's make it things above the size of a village. Your city is populated, just very vaguely, more of background noise than actual people.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2012, 04:25:41 am »

Perhaps I'll refine what my character's genre is. Wonky is a little obscure.

I'll go with Trip Hop, as in Royksopp or Lemaitre's music...

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2012, 07:02:48 am »

He graciously accepts the violin and plays a short tune. he wills into existence a deep, calm, ocean for his hydra, and a cliff front for himself.
"Now, I would love to play with you guys, but It seems like I have a cliff to furnish. You are all welcome to stay, though, as Guardians of my hydra."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8