Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: A Plane of Music  (Read 9333 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: A Plane of Music
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 07:05:50 pm »

Chapter One: Discoveries

(For this one turn you guys got instant successes, I didn't want you guys to abuse it, so I didn't tell you. Was I correct in that?)

Werty: "Well, I don't really know, but what it makes me think of is a nice stroll down a city street, at night, with all the neon lighting up and the music starting to play... a really nice and quiet time..." As he speaks these words, red bricks start raising themselves from the ground, forming buildings, and the sky above him begins to darken. Iron poles jut from the ground, forming electric lanterns. The blankness under his feet starts forming the familiar texture of sidewalks and asphalt roads. Then he notices glowing designs on the building forming, then being backed by steel, then becoming familiar neon lights. The moonlight's glow illuminates the buildings perfectly, creating his own personal paradise of a cityscape.

James: "Tundra, oceans, mountains, blizzards, stuff like that...". As he says this he begins to feel a slight chill, oddly enough. He looks into the horizon, and sees a cold blue on the horizon. At his feet, he sees powdery white snow, shocked he looks up. Ice and snow surround him, and a ominous white cloud is blowing in between two mighty peaks.

Duncan: "Altough this particular one inspires heroism, gives courage to those who have none.
And enables one to do things they didn't know they could do before. Going against the odds.
Or.. at least that's what I think."As he thinks about the song, he feels a sense of heroism around him, and he begins to no longer be restrained by fear or nervousness. His face forms a fearless smile, now, he can take on the world! (+1 to will related rolls)

Louie: "I see....a person...no....it's a hand. A fist. It represents the struggle, the perseverance, and the power of the people." Louie hears the sound of rocks crumbling and shaping. He looks up, and before him stands a mighty statue of a granite fist. It's fingers are clenched around something, but something that he cannot see.

Koro: "I'd like this one to be... the end of something old and good, that makes room for something new and unknown. Like this plane. Let's make this plane a great place to be. Perhaps the peace of nature, the liveliness of spring? That's always nice."Koro listens to the song in his head, closing his eyesimagining a verdant grassland. He looks around himself, and it has come to life. Light green grass tops slight hills, with flowers of red blue and yellow dot the landscape, forming a spring paradise. There is one maple tree on top of one of the hills, creating shade from the sun that has just formed.

Murmack: "Hydra's. Like Hydras." As he thinks of his song, he begins to have a sense of dread. He turns around, and behind himself he sees a massive lizard torso, he sees four massive scarred feet, the size of a redwood trunk. Looking up, he sees 50 feet above him, 7 massive necks each as large as him, topped by heads the size of a computer monitor, with teeth like razors and cold unfeeling eyes.

----: It smiles, this is certainly an interesting group. It had expected creative talent, but not this much.

(Should the players be able to affect themselves?)

Critique my writing please!

Map up! All the territory of your color is what you have the greatest influence on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Color guide:
Werty: Black
Koro: Green
Louie: Brown
James: Light Blue
Duncan: Red
Murmack: Yellow

If you'd like to change your color, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:30:53 pm by Spinal_Taper »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 10:13:07 pm »

(OCC: Your writing is really good, I like it! And on players being able to change themselves, I think it should be like the Cthulhu/Archangel thing, you need a 5 or 6 to make it work.)

"Holey Smokes!" Exclaimed Werty as the city rose around him "I really must be in some other world! Well, if I can do things like this here... What I need is a palace!"

>Create A large nightclub titled "The Seat of Jazz" It is a 40 story tower (think This tower ) It should be entirely blue, with lost of flashing lights running down the sides. There should be a small "Pocket park" around it. The first couple of floors should be mostly concert areas, dedicated to jazz of all kinds, and then the next will be entertainment areas, bars, dancefloors, and the top 2 floors are Werty's penthouse

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 05:28:16 am »

"Holey Smokes!" Exclaimed Werty as the city rose around him "I really must be in some other world! Well, if I can do things like this here... What I need is a palace!"

>Create A large nightclub titled "The Seat of Jazz" It is a 40 story tower (think This tower ) It should be entirely blue, with lost of flashing lights running down the sides. There should be a small "Pocket park" around it. The first couple of floors should be mostly concert areas, dedicated to jazz of all kinds, and then the next will be entertainment areas, bars, dancefloors, and the top 2 floors are Werty's penthouse
Sorry, but I need a song for that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 07:57:34 am »

He looks up at it. . . . . "Its a bit bigger than I imagined". . . . . . . . . Then, without thinking he rubbed its scaly hide to find its sweet spot, all the while whistling a comforting tune for it to calm down and sleep.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 10:03:20 am »

"Well damn! This is pretty awesome. Huh... I think I need a place to stay... yeah, that should do it."
James starts to make his way to one of the mountains.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 12:17:40 pm »

Louie looks at the statue, the granite fist clutches an object he can not see. "Well, I'm starting here then. You know what I could use? Some allies, like an army..." He starts climbing the fist, thinking of this song.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

Waiting on Errol, Ultimah and for Werty to pick a song.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 04:13:36 pm »

Waiting on Errol, Ultimah and for Werty to pick a song.

It's on its way, just trying to figure out what to choose.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:31:28 pm by Ultimuh »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 04:25:11 pm »

Will get a song soon, cant use regular comp now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2012, 04:41:04 pm »

(I may have chosen a dificult genre, since I am not that familiar with many orchestral scores..
So I keep leaning towards what I am familiar with: Orchestral versions of certain videogame soundtracks.
But I don't want to use too much of those.. I am sure some movies ahs good opnes but I am not sure what to look for specifically.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2012, 04:42:21 pm »

(I may have chosen a dificult genre, since I am not that familiar with many orchestral scores..
So I keep leaning towards what I am familiar with: Orchestral versions of certain videogame soundtracks.
But I don't want to use too much of those.. I am sure some movies ahs good opnes but I am not sure what to look for specifically.)
Yeah, I noticed that restricting people to one genre was a bit much, so I changed the restriction instead to a bonus.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2012, 04:45:06 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that restricting people to one genre was a bit much, so I changed the restriction instead to a bonus.

(uuh.. what do you mean by 'bonus'?)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2012, 04:46:48 pm »

Plus one to rolls, no overshoots in your genre.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2012, 04:47:54 pm »

Plus one to rolls, no overshoots in your genre.

(Ah, ok. I'll figure out something very soon.)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2012, 03:11:24 am »

Damn me for missing this, if your still takin'

Name: Jack Scott
Genre: Alternative (too broad?)
Fluff: Often seen tapping his fingers to the songs in his head, Jack's always been a big fan of music.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:13:00 am by empfan »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8