Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Easiest way to start a quick and vicious tantrum spiral?  (Read 3531 times)

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest way to start a quick and vicious tantrum spiral?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 03:35:13 am »

Quote from: Haigen
Basically I want to see blood, gore and mucus hitting the walls, what is the easiest way to do this?

A Forgotten Beast with a sufficiently nasty syndrome will accomplish this very, very well.

You'd also get exploding dogs and cats.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:55 am »

enlist everyone in the military, give them the uniform of "weapon of choice", no armor, change over clothing to replace clothing. You now have a mass of armed, naked, bearded alcoholics who are getting depressed very fast about the fact that they are naked.

edit:
alternatively, only get your military and miners like this. A few of those tantrumming should get the spiral started.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:59:46 am by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

nxcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 05:01:22 am »

Forbid/destroy all booze. Put the well outside. Make the dwarf walk past the decaying corpses of their friends and pets on the way out. 
Banana!

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:09 am »

Make a danger room out of your dining hall, it gives a new meaning to dine and dash.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 10:29:11 am »

Make a danger room out of your dining hall, it gives a new meaning to dine and dash.
Make sure to use metal weapons in the construction of the traps. Wood is crap at maiming (who would have guessed)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 11:29:21 am »

Except for kids and animals apparently.  From what I read the #1 mistake people make with their first danger room is letting kids and animals into it because even wooden training spears have this curious tendency to shatter skulls and jam them through little brains.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 01:07:29 pm »

Getting rid of the booze, beds, coffins and putting everyone on training in permanent squads should do it. That way they will go berserk with hammer in hand.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 04:20:17 pm »

My danger room recently managed to kill an Axelord with a shot to the head from a wooden spear.  Through a cloak and a steel cap, it seems.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 04:24:11 pm »

Atom-smash masterpieces/mine through masterwork engravings. Losing masterpieces is one of the worst thoughts a dwarf can have.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 05:24:43 pm »

I stand by my previous statement, and expand it. Order all clothing to be dumped, use dfhack cleanowned if needed. Watch naked dwarfs start tantruming within a week or two.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 05:52:32 pm »

Remove all food stockpiles. Now all the food will helpfully rot causing unhappy thoughts on hungry dwarves as they devour the remaining good food. You can further maximise this effect by spreading small food stockpiles throughout the fort before the rotting process begins.
Pages: 1 [2]