Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 165607 times)

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1320 on: November 22, 2013, 09:42:14 am »

Um, Right now we're fighting a war under Emperor Seoras, the Astroists are trying to use conversion magic to make everyone astroist, and I'm looking for a wife. :p

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 22, 2013, 10:00:10 am »

Oh, so you guys are at war with the religious block too?  Hows it coming along over on the other side of the sea?

Asylon and Niselur has been moderately successful at looting and pillaging the western representative of the Astroits.  Even Corsanctum and I think one of the others occasionaly show up on this side of the sea.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 22, 2013, 06:05:04 pm »

When I was last playing (about 6-9 months ago), LN was probably a bit over 60% astroist anyway. Actually, we were sort of using it as cover against Morek and Co. so that we could pick on enemies that were easier to win against (LV and D'hara and Swordfell). Fortunately there were far more unfaithful nations than LN at the time.

Now that it actually is Luria again, with an emperor and all, maybe stuff has changed. I actually don't mind those misguided, heretical pyrists. It might be another little thing for my character to do. Plus, who doesn't like annoying Seoras? It'll be far more fun now that he's an emperor :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:07:49 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 28, 2014, 09:42:24 pm »

Necro.

Does anyone on b12 still play this?
It's a game. Have fun.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 28, 2014, 09:54:50 pm »

Necro.

Does anyone on b12 still play this?
Yes, though I'm a lot less vocal than I used to be.

One character has basically fallen to the rank of grunt in a dying realm. Another has become a successful but perennially poor trooper in a lively but unfortunate realm. And the third is filthy rich and titled, but with really bad prestige/honor and such.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 28, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »

I'm still around it.  Asylon is facing dark times.  Well... it was to be expected.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 29, 2014, 12:27:42 am »

I still play too, ASyon and thal

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 29, 2014, 12:42:58 pm »

I'm still here! (and a good thing, too, since no one else is doing any real development...)

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 08, 2014, 12:19:50 pm »

Really interested in this, but I can't find anything on marriage/children or retirement in the wiki. Help? I'd like to know how it works before I join...

For example, my pipedream is establishing a dynasty of female knights, going for 3 or 4 generations...

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 08, 2014, 12:32:47 pm »

Really interested in this, but I can't find anything on marriage/children or retirement in the wiki. Help? I'd like to know how it works before I join...

For example, my pipedream is establishing a dynasty of female knights, going for 3 or 4 generations...

There are no formal mechanics for marriage or children in BattleMaster. Basically, if one of your characters meets a character of another player and they hit it off, you can both roleplay them getting married. Then, after a suitable interval, you can create one or more new characters roleplayed as their children.

This is, in fact, something I've done. One of the characters I'm playing now, and a character of another player, are the children of two characters we played several years ago. They fell in love, got married, and later, left the continent (retired). Now their children are back to try to follow in their parents' footsteps.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 08, 2014, 04:38:08 pm »

I've jumped back into it (back in LN, just so I don't have to memorize any new region names). I actually might end up playing my character as the illegitimate (but still noble) son of my former character if things get boring. Fortunately LN has a fair bit going on, so it won't be for a while, if ever, that the information is revealed.

It's also possible to RP adoptions into a family, but only really used if you're a pretty established player (it's quite a rare occurrence).
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 29, 2014, 11:21:27 pm »

Poor Luria Nova. Assailed from all sides, the same hopeless leaders and the inability to win any war. Plus, they now have Asylon assuming that the former capital, Giask, is now theirs (due to poor army leadership by the home guard's former marshal, whose sole task is to take back rogue lands or let nobles hunt. Which he didn't do properly).

Now I'm stuck in an army that just sort of sits there. Fair enough, we need mobile troops, but clicking "train troops" every turn is boring.

I hate to say it, but if Luria gets torn apart by their enemies and their allies, they pretty much deserve it. Christ, I ran the home guard at one stage. It's the easiest thing to do. We had 6 nobles "defending the realm", but mostly we went hunting or did a little bit of civil work. And roleplayed annoyingly. But we never just sat there.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 30, 2014, 12:00:45 am »

Triple post and all, but it's not as though the thread gets used much.

Danaris, does western Dwighlight still exist? Is it just a matter of fighting off hordes of monsters continuously and establishing a kingdom in the wild, wild west?

I pretty sure young Marius could join up to something like that. Plus, he could go hunting. Probably on a daily basis.
It's a game. Have fun.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 30, 2014, 03:58:42 am »

I played this briefly, but could never keep interest long enough.

Any new realms popped up since Phantaria went boom? I remember playing as part of them. :)

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 30, 2014, 09:20:08 am »

Danaris, does western Dwighlight still exist? Is it just a matter of fighting off hordes of monsters continuously and establishing a kingdom in the wild, wild west?

Oh, it exists. But I think the "just" in there hides a world of assumptions that may seriously handicap any such expedition.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 95