Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 165615 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1305 on: October 29, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »

I have a nooble in Pharamsmagoria.

Are there any ways in which your character can get the chop as a noble? :)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: October 29, 2013, 06:05:54 pm »

If you mean die...  get caught doing something illegal, most likely red-handed as a saboteur, get banned.  Get caught again by same realm.  You will either be deported or executed.
Alternatively, become a Hero.  Die in some small skirmish or a large battle.  Kinda random.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: October 29, 2013, 07:00:12 pm »

Where the blue hell is Pharamsmagoria?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 29, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »

I remember somebody said it was the smallest province, so I decided to help it out. ^_^

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: October 29, 2013, 07:48:52 pm »

I remember somebody said it was the smallest province, so I decided to help it out. ^_^
Phantaria, you mean?

I saw that there was a new guy there...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: October 29, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

If you mean die...  get caught doing something illegal, most likely red-handed as a saboteur, get banned.  Get caught again by same realm.  You will either be deported or executed.
Alternatively, become a Hero.  Die in some small skirmish or a large battle.  Kinda random.

It is very, very difficult to die as a noble in BattleMaster unless you make a deliberate choice that leads to it.

Where the blue hell is Pharamsmagoria?

He means Phantaria, he just can't read or can't be bothered to respect his realm enough to spell its name right.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: October 29, 2013, 08:59:09 pm »

I can read thank you very much! It's just kind of hard to remember. :P

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 31, 2013, 08:59:04 am »

Nice, i just signed up and its quite good.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 06, 2013, 02:33:38 pm »

Is there any point in start playing now? or the world is pretty much settled with tons of troops and who knows what else. Maby theres some map resets? how many players are playing right now?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 06, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »

No such thing as map resets, ever.  What propels the world is politics and diplomacy based on its own history and the ambitions of its players/characters. (At least in Dwilight, screw all the other islands.)
Soldiers starve, desert and die all the time, so in that way there is no 'tons of troops'... but, certain realms do have higher quality troops compared to others.
As for 'moving on up'... certain realms always have a need for more nobles... and lords to reign over some regions.  *cough*Asylon*cough*  Things change every now and then a new lord is needed...   And being active/outspoken and competent, you can probably get elected somewhere.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 06, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »

Actually thought about playing as an adventurer, is there much to do for lone adventurer? if i get bored later can i get promoted to noble? or at least knight and swear oath of fealty to someone?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 06, 2013, 03:44:28 pm »

You can work toward being knighted...  I don't really run an adventurer myself, so I don't know much about it.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 06, 2013, 09:46:27 pm »

Is there any point in start playing now? or the world is pretty much settled with tons of troops and who knows what else. Maby theres some map resets? how many players are playing right now?

The last time there was a new world to explore and colonize was about 5 1/2 years ago. The point of BattleMaster is not, and has never been, to be one of the first through the gate to grab a top spot. It's all about the ongoing story.

There are around 1000 registered players right now, with about 600 (IIRC) logging in once every 3 days or more.

Actually thought about playing as an adventurer, is there much to do for lone adventurer?

You're more than welcome to do this, but you'll be missing out on most of the game. BattleMaster is primarily a game for nobles; adventurers are more or less a minigame.

if i get bored later can i get promoted to noble? or at least knight and swear oath of fealty to someone?

Yes; if you can gain three recommendations from nobles, you can prove your own noble heritage and change from adventurer to noble.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 22, 2013, 01:20:06 am »

Well, I might be going to a luxury island resort for a couple of months. Good points: It's a luxury island resort on the Great Barrier Reef. Bad points: the internet connection probably isn't that great, plus I'll be working there, not kicking back and enjoying it (I will enjoy it, but I'll be working at the same time).

So, I guess I might get into BM again. It might be just the thing to wind down after a hard day of being polite to my betters. Or just an excuse to play games on my phone. Either way, I'll probably sign up again, even as a short-term character.

So, a few questions. What's happening in Luria Nova nowadays? Are the Royal Rangers still existant? (I had just as much fun as an advy, and probably as much fun with my noble through them as anything else). Do we need a monster-hunting noble of extreme recklessness and outspokeness in LN again?

Actually, I'll probably do something a bit different with a noble this time. No more f'ing el Gatos. Maybe, like you know, a real noble? With morals and stuff. Tee-hee!
It's a game. Have fun.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 22, 2013, 08:17:18 am »

If you want to be stupid evil and/or eccentric.. best to hit up the Colonies, Outer Tilog.  Though, the island is one of the least active because it is 1 turn a day instead of 2 like everyone else.

Luria Nova is on the opposite end of the continent from Asylon, so no clue about it.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 95