Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 165662 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1245 on: May 23, 2013, 10:41:45 am »

I want to stress that you want to be social as in, speak up.  Your peers will take notice.  It is the way to move on up. 
Especially if you show yourself as loyal and active, you may even be considered for a position as duke/duchess, when/if something does happen to a duchy holder.  At the very least, Lordship is a possibility.  It also helps when you are running for one of the 4 offices.

Personally, I became knight of the region I wanted to inherit and then my lord defected with the region. So I ended up with it when we took it back and I said that I am willing to become its Lord and that I'm the best choice since I was a Knight of the region.  (Plus, it helps that I voluntarily choose to defect back to Asylon, since I automatically went with my defector lord.)
Something like that at least...

New Ruler Elected   (3 days, 11 hours ago)
message to Everyone on Dwilight
The realm of Terran has elected Hireshmont II Vellos as its new Grandmaster.

Government of Terran Reformed   (35 minutes ago)
The government of Terran has been reformed. The realm is now a Theocracy
*Insert laugh track*

EDIT: I also need/want a knight, there is also a region open, but there is a minimum requirement of some honor and stuff before you can be appointed a lord.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:05:42 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 23, 2013, 02:59:38 pm »

I want to stress that you want to be social as in, speak up.  Your peers will take notice.  It is the way to move on up. 
Especially if you show yourself as loyal and active, you may even be considered for a position as duke/duchess, when/if something does happen to a duchy holder.  At the very least, Lordship is a possibility.  It also helps when you are running for one of the 4 offices.

Personally, I became knight of the region I wanted to inherit and then my lord defected with the region. So I ended up with it when we took it back and I said that I am willing to become its Lord and that I'm the best choice since I was a Knight of the region.  (Plus, it helps that I voluntarily choose to defect back to Asylon, since I automatically went with my defector lord.)
Something like that at least...

New Ruler Elected   (3 days, 11 hours ago)
message to Everyone on Dwilight
The realm of Terran has elected Hireshmont II Vellos as its new Grandmaster.

Government of Terran Reformed   (35 minutes ago)
The government of Terran has been reformed. The realm is now a Theocracy
*Insert laugh track*

EDIT: I also need/want a knight, there is also a region open, but there is a minimum requirement of some honor and stuff before you can be appointed a lord.

Did you read up the page? I knew this was happening before anyone here! I've been right since page 30 or 40 something!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 23, 2013, 03:15:10 pm »

Did you read up the page? I knew this was happening before anyone here! I've been right since page 30 or 40 something!
I know your plight... and I've actually agreed with you once some prominent Astroit married Hireshmont or some other and moved into Terran.  I think she was the head of the religion or something.

Its been too long, but the groundwork for the path was plain as day.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 24, 2013, 09:09:35 pm »

Alright, joined up again, on the East Continent, I think. What is this "Quickplay" button?
Also, would it be a terrible idea to play a Priest or Infiltrator as my first character? They just look so fun!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 25, 2013, 05:38:48 am »

I don't want to spill the beans, however, things are happening in Niselur and Sanguis Astroism as a whole. All those looking to have some memorable BM experience would want to play there.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 25, 2013, 08:58:08 am »

Alright, joined up again, on the East Continent, I think. What is this "Quickplay" button?

While the "Play" button shows you all your unread messages, the "Quickplay" button shows you only personal messages and orders.

Also, would it be a terrible idea to play a Priest or Infiltrator as my first character? They just look so fun!

You will not be able to play an Infiltrator for a while, as they have relatively high requirements. They can be fun, but also somewhat demanding. If you want to have a good chance of carrying out lots of subversive actions without getting caught, you will need to spend some time (and lots of money!) with that character training at an Academy, till your Infiltration skill (and Swordfighting, if you plan on attempting assassinations) is relatively high.

Priests tend to be a "love it or hate it" kind of class. They tend to have somewhat less to do, mechanically, than the more "normal" classes, at least initially. Their main focus is intended to be the roleplay of the religion they belong to. As they gain in skill, they do gain more options for mechanical actions they can perform (ways to influence the peasantry, primarily).

In general, I would advise playing a standard Warrior as your first character, at least for a while. There's no reason you can't change later, and there's no reason you can't create a second character to experiment with at the same time.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:30 am »

I just joined up in Niselur as Alysandyr Turnbull. We'll see how it goes...

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 26, 2013, 06:13:57 am »

Welcome. :)

You will notice many letters are popping up, and for someone who just arrived the entire debate might seems very confusing. If you have any questions bring them up IC. Battlemaster is all about interaction.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 26, 2013, 10:32:06 pm »

Holy shit is Niselur becoming a interesting place...  I still can't believe the regent of SA did that-I thought he might win the debate until he did something completely unexpected.
With the other stuff happening, this might change the entire continent.  I hope King Leopold keeps this up, and goes in the direction I think he is going so we don't suffer the fate of the former kingdom-the only memorable thing being losing a kingdom to boredom.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 26, 2013, 11:43:21 pm »

Yeah... Don't go on for 4 hours, come back and find 27 new messages. Interesting is right.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 26, 2013, 11:47:49 pm »

Sadly I had to quit. I've had my fill of super slow games where luck totally pisses you off. I had like 16 hours of training and got nothing even though I was low stat. And you have to wait almost a day to respawn the time. The game wasn't interesting enough to continue after that. I dunno, I am not a fan of games with heavily limited actions per day, especially after years of SpaceFed, OGame, Travian, War-Facts, and like 10 other text based browser games.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 27, 2013, 12:09:54 am »

Sadly I had to quit. I've had my fill of super slow games where luck totally pisses you off. I had like 16 hours of training and got nothing even though I was low stat. And you have to wait almost a day to respawn the time. The game wasn't interesting enough to continue after that. I dunno, I am not a fan of games with heavily limited actions per day, especially after years of SpaceFed, OGame, Travian, War-Facts, and like 10 other text based browser games.

Oh god, Travian, I forgot about that game.

But yeah, I see where you're coming from though. This one does seem a bit different so far, at least in terms of interaction with other players.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 27, 2013, 12:23:11 am »

But yeah, I see where you're coming from though. This one does seem a bit different so far, at least in terms of interaction with other players.

Probably once you get into it its not a big deal cause you are doing player stuff. And 1 day of hours on an adventurer isn't huge over a several year period. But it just hit me like my second day on my adventurer when I hadn't gotten sucked in yet. That stuff happens sometimes. I really love the IDEA of the game though, compared to all those clones out there.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 27, 2013, 12:25:09 am »

Probably once you get into it its not a big deal cause you are doing player stuff. And 1 day of hours on an adventurer isn't huge over a several year period. But it just hit me like my second day on my adventurer when I hadn't gotten sucked in yet. That stuff happens sometimes. I really love the IDEA of the game though, compared to all those clones out there.

Yeah. Maybe try playing as a noble then? It seems like the game is geared more towards them, at least, from what I've seen.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 27, 2013, 06:46:45 am »

Personally, I like this game for the non-time commitment.  I can log on for 5-10 minutes every now and then and my stuff be done.

When I'm looking for multiplayer stuff to do though... I find some random multiplayer/browser game that takes my interest and play that till I'm bored/lack of time to commit becomes a factor and drop it completely.  Admittedly, sometimes lack of time to commit feeds into the 'I'm bored of that game now' factor.

Though, there is so much generic trash/clones these days... I totally avoid a large subset of those.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 95