Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 165630 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1275 on: June 28, 2013, 11:37:40 am »

Huh, yea, quite a bit of war going on.

Astrum seems to be Asylon's target. 
I'm not sure where Nisalur(sp?) plans to hit, but I know they are at war too... with... I don't even remember.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 28, 2013, 12:54:29 pm »

Huh, yea, quite a bit of war going on.

Astrum seems to be Asylon's target. 
I'm not sure where Nisalur(sp?) plans to hit, but I know they are at war too... with... I don't even remember.

I think without knowing for sure that the Farronite Republic is mostly aiming at Astrum too, but they're sending some guys south to help us poor folks in Phantaria beat the snot out of Terran :P
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 29, 2013, 12:16:31 pm »

Ugh, you weren't paying much attention to the political events.  :D Niselur's defiance was the event that triggered this continental war around which the western alliance block was formed. We're hitting Astrum's northern regions and we will probably taste some big battles pretty soon. Looking forward to it, Dwilight has been too stale for too long.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 29, 2013, 05:30:14 pm »

Only because two certain Phantarian nobles - who, by the way, made up probably half the army by CS - didn't move on time D:<
I got distracted by non-BM stuff. :-[

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 29, 2013, 06:49:27 pm »

Only because two certain Phantarian nobles - who, by the way, made up probably half the army by CS - didn't move on time D:<

I understand, and I obviously can't force anyone to play at a certain time. Real-world obligations ought to supersede the game - it's just a bit of annoyance here. And in this case it's more of a minor liability, really - the proximity of Shokalom and Saffalore means that another chance is coming in the near future.

I also just finished making the wiki page for my family. So... yay? And recruited 50 cavalry. Double treat!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:31:08 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 01, 2013, 09:22:26 am »

>checks head money listings for Far East
>sees character's name on it

Uh oh.
Who did I even offend? Rosnan was a bit of a jerk on Beluaterra, but he has yet to do anything but traipse back and forth following orders in the Far East. Maybe one of his victims on the northern continent has family there or something.

I wish now that there was a bug that he could stab himself. He could use 250 gold...

EDIT: He must have really pissed someone off, since he's the lowest-ranking non-royal on the list. He's not even a lord or a council member! He also has the dubious honor of being the only listee of his realm.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:26:08 am by SealyStar »

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 03, 2013, 07:01:17 pm »

I feel your pain.
Those Niselurian nobles left behind in Forguthrie are going to get curbstomped if they don't get back to the captial. There should be a automatically follow orders option.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 05, 2013, 12:08:12 am »

So there I am, doing run of the mill stuff with my adventurer on Dwilight. There had been a monster group with an alpha male that had been giving me some serious trouble the last several days, well I finally conquered it and guess what the loot was! A unique item! Sweet!

So I copy all the infos down and notice.. hey I can hunt the next group! So I do. This one had an Alpha Male too. This one also had a unique item. Two in a row.

Holy. Shit.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 05, 2013, 12:10:50 am »

So there I am, doing run of the mill stuff with my adventurer on Dwilight. There had been a monster group with an alpha male that had been giving me some serious trouble the last several days, well I finally conquered it and guess what the loot was! A unique item! Sweet!

So I copy all the infos down and notice.. hey I can hunt the next group! So I do. This one had an Alpha Male too. This one also had a unique item. Two in a row.

Holy. Shit.

Wow. That is some damn good luck. I never have such luck as an adventurer.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 05, 2013, 12:13:22 am »

... Asylon has an adventurers guild... you can probably find a buyer there.  >.> 
Though to join the guild, you need to front 5 gold, (Game mechanic limitation...) but you will have 100g in credit... and many other adventurers to share info with.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 05, 2013, 12:19:04 am »

... Asylon has an adventurers guild... you can probably find a buyer there.  >.> 
Though to join the guild, you need to front 5 gold, (Game mechanic limitation...) but you will have 100g in credit... and many other adventurers to share info with.
Dude I have a kings random in gold. And I'm sitting on 60% adventuring gear and combat gear. All I do is I log on, I hunt monster groups and then never leave the region. I left once to upgrade my gear, took me about a week, came back to the exact spot and kept doing the same thing. It's an endless stream. Without me the region would be plagued by monster attacks.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 05, 2013, 01:38:14 pm »

Holy. Shit.

...oh, I thought you were going to say that then you hunted again and got yourself killed  :P

Better go sell those unique items, start gaining favour with the local nobility!

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 11, 2013, 04:08:35 am »

I've just registered with this - does anybody fancy giving me any tips or general help to get me flying!?

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 11, 2013, 08:24:38 am »

I've just registered with this - does anybody fancy giving me any tips or general help to get me flying!?

Sure!
  • Don't be surprised if things move a bit slowly—it's not at all unusual to send a message introducing yourself, and not get a reply back for a few hours.
  • If you haven't encountered one like it before, the time/turn system can be a bit odd for new players. You have a pool of available hours that your character can use to do stuff in any given turn, with a max of 12 hours in the pool at once. Every turn change (sunrise and sunset, server time, which works out to noon and midnight EST—not sure what your time zone is), 8 hours are added to your time pool. Some actions, such as travel, only resolve at turn changes, as well, which means that if you logged on right now and set your character to travel to the next region, however long it says it will take to get there, as long as that is less than the number of hours remaining in your time pool, you will arrive in 3 hours, when the turn change comes. (You'll get used to it.)
  • The new character creation process is somewhat clunky and cumbersome, but it is currently in the process of being replaced, and the new version should be online within a week or two at most. (Much depends on how much time I have, as the current main dev on the game  ;D )
  • There is a huge variation in the experience you will get depending on what continent you are on, and what realm you join. Don't be afraid to experiment a little, trying out one realm for a week or two, then moving on to another if it doesn't suit your fancy.
  • A number of pages on the Wiki—including official manual pages—are, unfortunately, woefully out of date. We're working on this. Sorry  :-\
  • Don't be afraid to ask questions, either here, or on the official BattleMaster forum. There's even a newbie board that's specifically for asking total noob questions. (There's also an IRC webchat where you can ask questions and get answers in real time. I'm usually on as Delvin_Anaris, Delvin_at_Work, or Delvin_<something else>.)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 11, 2013, 09:14:44 am »

Thanks dude!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 95