Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 165616 times)

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1260 on: May 27, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »

Maybe try playing as a noble then? It seems like the game is geared more towards them, at least, from what I've seen.

It absolutely is. The adventurer game is really just a sidelight.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 27, 2013, 01:25:58 pm »

So, any way to check what day of the week taxes come in? I could really use some cash..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vonyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 27, 2013, 01:40:15 pm »

If you're a lord -> Command. (blue box of info to the right)

If not, Information -> Realm and regions > Tax Collection <-

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 27, 2013, 03:42:55 pm »

If you're a lord -> Command. (blue box of info to the right)

If not, Information -> Realm and regions > Tax Collection <-
Thanks.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:45 pm »

In "honor" of the proceedings in the Occidens, some new lingo:

"Hireshment" (hear-esh-MENT) ("Hireshmont" + "cement"), v. : to take over a "republic" that one currently leads by appointing oneself as general and banker. Usage: "He totally hireshmented the realm!"

"Astro" (AS-tro), v.: to force a small realm to surrender to a laughably unbalanced treaty by calling Bloodstar Jihad on them; by extension, to coerce by any means. Usage: "I totally astroed that guy into giving me five bucks."

"Saffalorism" (SA-fuh-lore-ih-zum) (also "Saffalority"), n.: The state of having a realm named after a region it does not control. See also "Fontanism" (also "Fontanity"). Usage: "After the war, Ubekibekistan was forced to sign away its eponymous region, creating a new case of Saffalorism."

"Vijsktrol" (VEESK-troll), v.: To become lord of a region because of a technical bug. Also used as a noun. Usage: "That guy just vijsktrolled, he won't last long."

"Alna" (ALL-nuh), v.: To fortuitously attain a government position through an election immediately before the government system is changed so that that position is appointed. Usage: "Good thing I alna'd that post before the new leader got in, huh?"

"Pertharchy" (PER-thar-key), n.: A system of government characterized by the official terminology of a republic despite maintaining the trappings of a monarchy. Usage: "North Korea is a good example of a real-world Pertharchy."

"Zumafy" (ZOO-muh-fye), v.: Of a region, to revolt and switch allegiance to a realm that has no interest in holding said region but refuses to let it go. Usage: "Zumafication can be disastrous for a small realm."

"Telamon" (TELL-uh-mon), n.: A young hotshot immigrant who is promptly promoted to a high-ranking military position. Usage: "Poor nations are often rife with mercenary Telamons from wealthier ones."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:47:58 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 04, 2013, 01:05:42 pm »

Okay, I've had enough with lurking on this thread and have joined up.  I'm a backwoods noble in the Morek Empire on Dwilight.  Name is Ferrar Rhamnace.  Just moving into my estate in East Odenir right now... clearing out the cobwebs and such....

Well this looks interesting.  Where are all of the B12 kindred located?
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 05, 2013, 04:33:36 pm »

In other news in Niselur:

Young knight charges at monsters alone, losing most of his men and killing only one monster sending the rest of the army before its gathered rushing to defend him:

Roleplaying reason:

Knight:"I shouldn't have gone drinking with my men before reading my messages, and charged drunkenly at the monsters."

Response:

King:"Someone promote this man to lord!"

The moral of the story is drunken monster hunting will get you places in Niselur.   

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 28, 2013, 08:49:29 am »

Looks like it's a world war on Dwilight, huh guys?

Too bad we're about to get Poland'd over in Libero. Well, YOLO!

Hopefully the surrender terms won't be too harsh, I think Morek wants us for battle thralls anyway

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 28, 2013, 09:52:15 am »

Looks like it's a world war on Dwilight, huh guys?

Too bad we're about to get Poland'd over in Libero. Well, YOLO!

Hopefully the surrender terms won't be too harsh, I think Morek wants us for battle thralls anyway

Poland'd. Nice.

In other war news, the combined forces of Phantaria and the Farronite Republic lost their first battle to Terran. Only because two certain Phantarian nobles - who, by the way, made up probably half the army by CS - didn't move on time D:<
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 28, 2013, 10:20:13 am »

Auk. That's terrible news! We're sort of expecting a one sided curbstomp over here -- our realm is cut in two by an earlier concession to Morek, and a defection cut off our capitol from the rest of our land.  :'(

I'm not sure I 'liked' the defection honestly. It seemed rather out-of-the-blue and was well before this stuff happened. Sort of seemed like a player just wanting to stir up trouble, since there didn't seem to be much communication before 'seeya'.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:22:10 am by Vel »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 28, 2013, 10:26:31 am »

Auk. That's terrible news! We're sort of expecting a one sided curbstomp over here -- our realm is cut in two by an earlier concession to Morek, and a defection cut off our capitol from the rest of our land.  :'(

I'm not sure I 'liked' the defection honestly. It seemed rather out-of-the-blue and was well before this stuff happened. Sort of seemed like a player just wanting to stir up trouble, since there didn't seem to be much communication before 'seeya'.

It's particularly irritating because as the General of Phantaria my character is supposed to be, along with the Marshal and Vice Marshal of the army, one of the people who keeps these things from happening.

Incidentally said Vice Marshal was two regions away when said Marshal gave the attack order T_T

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 28, 2013, 10:30:58 am »

Oof. The terrors of miscommunication and misinformation. Libero is small but even we've had some miscommunication issues.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 28, 2013, 10:41:12 am »

Oof. The terrors of miscommunication and misinformation. Libero is small but even we've had some miscommunication issues.

Phantaria's tiny too. Five li'l regions, fighting mainly to get three more back.

The problem is that the oldest, most experienced people there, with the exception of our ruler, are also the least active - and thus the least likely to respond to the orders they're given.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 28, 2013, 10:44:58 am »

Yikes. That sinks!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 28, 2013, 11:17:49 am »

Silver linings: When the remainder of your already-damaged unit gets killed by monsters on your way to the capital, but the battle with the monsters give you that last one point of honor you needed to switch subclasses.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 95