Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 165659 times)

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1215 on: April 22, 2013, 05:59:38 am »

To ride the zerg to victory is to ride the razor's edge of losing one's own self, indeed.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 22, 2013, 10:34:14 am »

EDIT: Ah, just saw the reason for the war.  Force Asylon to renounce its alliance with Aurvandil...  so that they would be isolated.   

Honestly, Asylon really has little choice in the matter.  We have little want to be the lapdogs of the SA alliance, if we had wanted that, well there are many SA aligned realms already out there.  There was another alliance called the Moot or something... we had issues with that and ya'll saw how that turned out with a small push...  And so, we are pretty much as politically isolated as Aurvandil... well, we do have friends among the Zuma, kind of.

(I can't spell Aurvandil without looking it up.)

Your alliance with Aurvandil is more trouble than worth, I think. Aurvandil doesn't seem like they can back you up while this alliance has brought the ire of northern realms upon you. I think that Asylon has all the strings in their own hands on how to end this one.
We understand the consequences of such I believe, it has been aired by the leadership before we/Asylon went to war with Terran on Aurvandil's side.  We knew we would be a naturally closer and 'easier' target for the northern realms and we knew that 'they'/you would take the opportunity to fight us.  And yea, we also knew that Aurvandil is busy enough down where they are.

What would the island be without Aurvandil?  Where would Asylon turn if Aurvandil is overwhelmed?  We are but one of the few who are not bound to SA politics.  One of the few monarchies left on this island.  The conclusion is, it is only a matter of time that we become what Aurvandil was anyways, a politically isolated realm, public enemy #1.

We may as well do something instead of quietly waiting for our turn...  And hey, so far, the results have been splendid from my perspective.  Another monarchy has popped up and in effect, 2 potentially friendly realms have come from Terran's ashes.  Its not like we could be in any worse of a situation after that...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 22, 2013, 04:32:35 pm »

I hear you, but I only think that Asylon's momentum was not the best time of the year, so to speak. However, no one could've known that Mendicant was gonna end like he did, hence greatly reducing your chances of having a real ally that would stand besides you. With this new government in Aurvandil it seems they're more focused on Fissoa right now. Grimrog already sued for peace with Astrum, but from what I gathered Astrum wants Asylon to first end the alliance with Aurvandil; alliance which doesn't benefit you. Sure, you could continue the war for as long as it suits you (you guys surely are having fun for it is a tense playing experience), or you could cut your ties with Aurvandil and perhaps make some new ties with realms closer to your own borders. This is the direction I want to lead Niselur in, even though our current paths make us at the opposite sides.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 22, 2013, 05:55:18 pm »

Oh, I see things have changed once again.  You do make the same point as our king.

Will the North back off now?  Or is there a moving goal post that is yet to be reached?

EDIT: Apparently more monarchies out there then I fought. *Shifts it back to not so friendly SA mega-alliance*
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:19:48 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 23, 2013, 03:03:35 am »

I think that north doesn't have any other valid casus belli to continue offensive against Asylon. Corsanctum and Morek are probably already out of the picture, while Astrum will have no other choice either. I think Grimrog made a good choice in cutting off Aurvandil.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 23, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

Niselur sounds like an interesting place, so I have decided to place my first noble there.  I'm new, but i'll do my best.

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 24, 2013, 03:24:11 am »

Welcome! I believe I have already messaged you IC, but should you have any questions about the game I will be quick to address them IC or OOC.

On another note, it seems that war with Asylon is about to end. Leopold is now turning his mind towards solidifying Niselur's political position and simultaneously finding some stuff for his nobles to do. We'll see what will come from it. Libero Empire comes to mind ;)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 26, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »

Oh hey... the rest of the party is here and it looks like a stand-off...

I must say, your combined arms are formidable.

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 27, 2013, 06:44:34 am »

It was a nice little stand-off, yes. I am impressed with how disciplined your troops are with all that digging in.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 27, 2013, 08:05:16 am »

It was a nice little stand-off, yes. I am impressed with how disciplined your troops are with all that digging in.
Yea, forgive me for the pessimism... having 3 realms massing on our borders, while peace has not yet been officially brokered does raise red flags among the realm.  And trust is in short supply.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 27, 2013, 02:54:34 pm »

General of Astrum here. I must say that I am impressed with how rallied Asylon's army is. Hard as I try, I cannot get more than twelve or so nobles off their asses to fight this damned war. Even worse, our leading council could not find a single decent reason for why we were fighting or what we hoped to accomplish. Astrum's real enemy was apathy, I'm afraid.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 27, 2013, 05:11:04 pm »

General of Astrum here. I must say that I am impressed with how rallied Asylon's army is. Hard as I try, I cannot get more than twelve or so nobles off their asses to fight this damned war. Even worse, our leading council could not find a single decent reason for why we were fighting or what we hoped to accomplish. Astrum's real enemy was apathy, I'm afraid.
I suppose that may be from not doing any sort of military exercises?
Asylon has been marching together long before the raid on Terran.  Mostly to tame our southwest holdings and fight off the monsters.  So I guess we have some form of 'readiness' when it got serious... 
Heck, after this peace finally gets signed, we will have to go tend to our southwest holdings once again.  So the drop-off in our 'readiness' won't be too harsh, at least for now.

Long periods of not doing jack tends to = lethargy/apathy.  I know cause it happens to me.
So yea... something to think on. 

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 28, 2013, 05:12:37 am »

I am very happy with how Niselur's army performed in this little drill. Even though we didn't participate in any battle we were quick to gather some 6k to the front, and the other army was left at home. Its not much I know, but under Turin's reign the best we could hope for was 2k :p To top it all, Niselur's arrival in Shuberstone has probably tipped the scales and forced Asylon to give up on Aurvandil; and this is something I think they will benefit from in the long run.

I agree with Zangi's observation that not doing much for a long time is bad for both army readiness but also the player experience. So, Leopold is trying to find ways to strengthen his own place in the north. Having LE become his vassal, or subduing them to such, is probably the course he will take.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:42:26 pm by Arrakis »

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 29, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »

I must ask: What is up with all the rouge territories around Niselur?

Arrakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 30, 2013, 12:11:50 am »

We are about to take two regions, but in general, we're waiting for enough nobles to arrive so we can claim them all. Monster are few to find, so some younger knights have trouble with meeting the demand to become a Lord; which is 3 points of prestige.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 95