Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 165632 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2012, 05:18:45 pm »

Try using different period languages. Throw in a "von" or "di" somewhere. Cram two different words together and base your "history" around those words.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2012, 05:28:18 pm »

Did it!

Roose Sternwod, picked Storms End but ended up in Nifelheim, we'll see where this goes, probably going to try and find me an estate or something now :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2012, 05:33:42 pm »

Better send a message to whatever lord is in the area to see if there are any estates available. You joined at an exciting time, we're currently at war :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JPierreD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2012, 05:55:42 pm »

I am also mildly disappointed that (at least in Summerdale) there isn't really a feudal system. It would have been awesome if dukes have their own schemes and wars within a realm and might decide to become king of their own in the midst of a war.

In Dwilight the region (in)famous for its scheming nobility is the Lurias. It makes sense that the Dalian nobility is quite united, since the war against the Libero Empire has just started, and they were few in number, and thus tightly connected, not too long ago. Time, though, always finds a way to separate people and create conflicts.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »

Applied for studies, asking around for some land now, it's quite fun this stuff, still lots of confusing stuff around but it's kind of late and there'll be plenty of time for experimenting with all the shiny buttons tommorrow :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »

I generally us DF's Name generator to select my names these days, even using the Masterworks Mod by Meph adds a few extra lanagage files to the mix to random up more by rolling a d15 (random gen) as there are 15 of them, then choosing 2 letters and then random genning from the english words and combining them or having them as the first and last name reseptavly......... damn my spelling today is terrible and no spell checker on this shitty laptop to catch my bad spelling. :P

Def thinking about making an Adventurer if I can, maybe go with a Jon Snow style story (game of thrones)... :P

FAKE EDIT:: Using this method I got two words, Youth and Gold, in Czech and Arabic in the language file from Masterworks Mod which come to be Meladik and Aledhheb.

Would an Arabic Adventurer be too far fetched???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2012, 06:25:49 pm »

It seems like when the game tells you your travel target is 8 hours away, it is actually 8 action points away, and these action points are called hours.

I am also mildly disappointed that (at least in Summerdale) there isn't really a feudal system. It would have been awesome if dukes have their own schemes and wars within a realm and might decide to become king of their own in the midst of a war.
I think you have to have those "action points" on you, when the next turn initiates to travel that length.

Andira

• Bay Watcher
  • The fastest way to travel is by candlelight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2012, 06:46:16 pm »

Yes, you can see hours as a kind of action points. The confusing part is that some actions are done right away and also use your hours right away (like training, recruiting, repairing) while other actions (travel and battles) only happen at the turn twice a day and subtract your time exactly at the time of the turn. This means that if you spend your hours on training, you won't have any hours left to advance the travel at the turn. So in your case, if the destination is 8 hours away, you should not spend any hours on anything else. Sending messages does not use hours, so send as many as you like.

One thing I have to warn you about, though, is that travel times can vary randomly for up to 3 hours in both directions, meaning you can get lucky and arrive 1-3 hours earlier than planned, or it might take you 1-3 hours longer. This means that if the game tells you it will take you 8 hours to reach your destination, it actually means any random time between 5 hours and 11 hours, so you don't have a guarantee to arrive at the next turn, even if you have 8 hours left in your time pool.

JPierreD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »

Would an Arabic Adventurer be too far fetched???

Not at all. Specially good if he comes from the East Continent ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:42:51 pm by JPierreD »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2012, 10:21:16 pm »

In Dwilight the region (in)famous for its scheming nobility is the Lurias. It makes sense that the Dalian nobility is quite united, since the war against the Libero Empire has just started, and they were few in number, and thus tightly connected, not too long ago. Time, though, always finds a way to separate people and create conflicts.

Damn Lurians...I entered Barca in the south and we are at war...today I found out one of our region lords just up and left stating the reason as missing the Lurians and off to visit them...

Talk about dereliction of duty/abandonment of post

JPierreD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »

Damn Lurians...I entered Barca in the south and we are at war...today I found out one of our region lords just up and left stating the reason as missing the Lurians and off to visit them...

Talk about dereliction of duty/abandonment of post

Really? Who's that? The thing is that Barca was colonized by the defeated Lurian realm of Giask, so it's filled with former-Lurians. The Lurias export lots of nobles each time a rebellion succeeds or a realm is conquered by other :P

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2012, 11:19:30 pm »

If you're looking for an estate just ask the realm. Swearing fealty is essentially what getting an estate means, and an estate is your primary source of income.
Any advice on what the unit setting should be set to for different types of armies?

JPierreD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2012, 11:44:37 pm »

Any advice on what the unit setting should be set to for different types of armies?

It greatly depends on the tactics being used and on the enemy. Usually each army issues in its orders the recommended unit settings. If all follow it correctly noone will find itself alone in the front or back line, either butchered or not participating from combat.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2012, 06:39:59 pm »

Dutchling, If I am correct most, if not all, the lords are loyal. What you are describing is what I believe destroyed the preceeding empire "Springdale"
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »

Well, I am now Antierre Talboh of Summerdale. Should be fun.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 95