Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventurer Mode 1.00.00  (Read 3890 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Adventurer Mode 1.00.00
« on: April 09, 2012, 03:56:59 pm »

It's taken years upon years of hard development, but finally DF is RELEASED.
You download the game.
You generate a world.
You start adventurer mode...

What do you do?
What can you do?

You decide:
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Mode 1.00.00
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 11:01:33 pm »

Omnicide. Duh.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 11:13:25 pm »

Visit the goblins, find there demon-lord, and slay him!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:15:01 pm »

I would become a legendary miner and dig holes to the HFS everywhere and dig holes in the sides of volcanoes.  Mass destruction everywhere!
I play games of games inside games in my head.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:29:56 pm »

Seduce everyone and make an army!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:18:44 am »

Lead my merry band of adventurers to found our own nation, and start building fortresses under that flag, featuring a kobold with a 'k' carved in it's eye holding a bloodied dagger menacingly. Let it be known that this land is spawn of a demigod, and their right to the surrounding lands is guaranteed by associated divinity!

My adventurer would by that point be king of said nation, coming out of retirement every once in a while to slaughter whatever beast plagues us. I will construct a grand capital carved into the side of a mountain from which he may rule. May the old worlds weep for their jealousy, their every siege broken against our lines of the finest warriors and cleverest traps!

Then trade them our poorest ☼cat tallow bisquits☼ and most shameful ☼booze☼
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:20:22 am »

Seduce everyone and make an army!
Liberal adventurer squad?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:39:55 pm »

Fight things until I die. Explore everything. Like I do now really, except maybe become a bit better on it heh.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 01:51:07 pm »

I vill attain godly levels of brawling and outbrawl all the gods, then take the position as Supreme God of Brawling. As a dorf. If anyone dares challenge my position, i will brawl them so hard that a volcano erupts beneath them, spewing forth both magma and clowns in a hellish firestorm of death and destruction, wiping out everything they hold dear and then some. And it will remain magma even on the surface, because THE SUPREME GOD OF BRAWLING SAYS SO.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 05:27:30 pm »

I would probably steal an artifact from a mansion with 1337 sneak skeelz, then, accuse a nearby village of doing so and putting some of the coins I took from there (probably copper) as evidence, then I will run to the next town, change my appearance, name, and buy things, I will become a hero of the nation, and form a small farming feud that will soon become and omnipotence, with omnitrade, that can go totally unharmed if something happens to the outer world, then I will send my armies to conquer the lands, to purge the world of evil, and soon I will activate a magma trap that will seal me in the walls while the rest of my men die off...

The world has passed into the age of Raptorfangamer LongName The Ass Of Silking
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 08:20:14 pm »

Play Dwarf Fortress in a first person perspective.

ALL SHALL FEAR MY CHILDREN, FOR THEY ARE WITHOUT NUMBER.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 08:25:04 pm »

I will sacrifice children to the lava god, eat the heart of a dragon, obtain god powers and take over the world!

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 03:54:52 am »

I vill attain godly levels of brawling and outbrawl all the gods, then take the position as Supreme God of Brawling. As a dorf. If anyone dares challenge my position, i will brawl them so hard that a volcano erupts beneath them, spewing forth both magma and clowns in a hellish firestorm of death and destruction, wiping out everything they hold dear and then some. And it will remain magma even on the surface, because THE SUPREME GOD OF BRAWLING SAYS SO.

Something like this; Visiting gods in their home dimensions and wrestling them into submission.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 09:24:29 pm »

I become the Dorfiest warrior ever. I don't own a sword, or a bow, or a shield, I am not a warrior in the traditional sense. Whenever I'm challenged to combat I take off my sock and I beat my enemies to a bloody pulp with it, then I pick up their blood and beat them to death with the blood. I dive into the ocean and kill sharks by throwing handfuls of water at them. When I am ambushed I bite off someones arm and someone else leg, the arm is my shield and the leg is my war hammer. I am a soldier of Armok and nothing I have ever done has ever made even a little bit of sense. 

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 09:32:48 pm »

Well, I'd start off with getting every square millimeter of my character's skin tattoo-ed with the same image of an unknown dwarf raising a masterwork sock. After that, I would mine out areas under human cities and collapse them, for the lulz. I would then hijack a wagon, send it over a cliff, and walk slowly away. I'd then wander the desert after discovering the secrets of life and death and dig out a tiny habitat and build a keep of pure, surgical grade steel.
And then? Die. I don't know how, I don't know why, but I just know that after I make my burial chambers I'd die and be buried. The next adventurer would then loot said mausoleum.

Or I suppose I could just make all-masterwork adamantine equipment (yep, clothing too).
Pages: [1] 2