Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Aftermath: Fighting the Zombie Apocalypse(6/6) Turn 1 Miniturn 7  (Read 48673 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermath: Fighting the Zombie Apocalypse(6/6) Turn 1 Miniturn 1
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2012, 04:21:27 pm »

Hmm... thinking about it, would I be able to research something like Frontline Manufacturing, that would offset part of the cost of new units by spending resources instead? Either that, or a self destruct mechanism that would allow a few Locus mechs to detonate to damage nearby zombies, or to destroy the mechs if they've become infected.

On the subject of zombie infection, since my units are robotic, I was thinking they'd employ organic components in their central processing units, that could become infected by the zombie viruses. It wouldn't really be fair if my units were impossible to infect, at least not without spending any extra for a second ability for them.
Your mechs can't really become infected (at least not by standard zombies), since the bite that is required for the infection would already kill them. Vehicles can't be infected by standard zombies.
Both would work. I was already planning to allow you to spend extra resources for cheaper units. ( Resources would be minerals, fuel or volunteers, which you can get from rescueing civilians)
Selfdestruct seems fun too.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2012, 04:23:58 pm »

Hmmm.... What to research... How about walking turrets? They'd be a slow moving (speed 2) pair of HEAVY machineguns (damage 4-6, fires twice per turn, range 5) on four legs. They'd have, say, 30 health and 4 armor? They would, of course, need one person to operate them and be very expensive, but that's another matter entirely.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2012, 04:33:37 pm »

I think I'll go with the resource utilization first. Once the mechs are cheaper, I'll research the self destruct and start blowing them up.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2012, 04:38:03 pm »

Hmmm.... What to research... How about walking turrets? They'd be a slow moving (speed 2) pair of HEAVY machineguns (damage 4-6, fires twice per turn, range 5) on four legs. They'd have, say, 30 health and 4 armor? They would, of course, need one person to operate them and be very expensive, but that's another matter entirely.
That might take quite some time. Maybe 500 researchpoints.
I think I'll go with the resource utilization first. Once the mechs are cheaper, I'll research the self destruct and start blowing them up.
I think I go 100 researchpoints on that one. Can't give you any numbers right now though.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2012, 05:03:28 pm »

Alternatively, how about Prefabrication? It would basically be where everything costs 25-50 less resources/funds to build, and construction goes much faster. Yeah, I think I'll go with this for the time being.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »

Alternatively, how about Prefabrication? It would basically be where everything costs 25-50 less resources/funds to build, and construction goes much faster. Yeah, I think I'll go with this for the time being.
Both less resources and reduced construction time. that might take a while to research.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

Both less resources and reduced construction time. that might take a while to research.

I'm thinking too big here, aren't I... Ah well, make it just less construction time.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2012, 07:13:46 pm »

The APC's rumbled onto the mining compound. Immediately the two squads Crow Guards left the vehicles.

"This is Alpha Command. Vanguard-1 move to quadrant E-17 and defend the Civilians. APC's begin immediate evacuation. Grunt-1 move towards M-13 and start purging operation. eliminate all Infected there."

Mere moments after the squads moved out another call came in

"Again Command. We've got intel that another Merc Company is operating in the vicinity, do not engage i repeat do not engage...at least for now."

Vanguard Squad moves To E-17 and defends the Civilians.
APC's load as many of them on as they can and then evacuate them
Grunt Squad moves to M-13 and starts killing the group of Zeds there

Research:

Heavy Artillery
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:07:17 am by Ghazkull »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2012, 01:45:08 am »

Research:
Field Cloning Procedures (( allows construction of combat-deployable Clone Center to migitate losses))
[/b]
I thought your Quartermaster tent already did that. (At least that's how I interpreteded the mechanics.) Nothing stopping you from making upgrade to it though.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:32:27 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2012, 03:57:56 am »

Added normal zombie information. Does anyone want any other info about certain things, like background and other info.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2012, 04:18:53 am »

Incubation time could be good to know.

Some other research suggestions:

Armour piercing rounds:
Able to ignore a certain amount of armor when attacking enemies.

Zombiestudy:
Do some general studies about the zombies and infection. Might not give any short sighted advantages. But might open up for other interesting research opportunities.

Antizombie turrets:
Turrets specifically created for killing zeds.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2012, 04:22:02 am »

I would like some flamers, since they are epic for the living dead
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2012, 04:25:47 am »

1-2 weeks normally. Note, person undergoes gradual personality chances in between.

All 4 research studies are good.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2012, 05:24:02 am »

1-2 weeks normally. Note, person undergoes gradual personality chances in between.

How will research work btw? If I get 50 points for this mission, and put them into armour. Do I unlock it instantly?
Which players havent made their turn yet?

And last, is it okay if I assume that armour could also be defence skill? Since its weird having infantry with the same armour as vehicles.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:25:48 am by Evil Marahadja »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2012, 05:28:05 am »

How will research work btw? If I get 50 points for this mission, and put them into armour. Do I unlock it instantly?
Which players havent made their turn yet?

And last, is it okay if I assume that armor could also be defence skill? Since its weird having infantry with the same armour as vehicles.
Yes, it does. You unlock that one instantly. Other abilities might take something to deploy them.
Me

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20