Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Aftermath: Fighting the Zombie Apocalypse(6/6) Turn 1 Miniturn 7  (Read 48708 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermath: Fighting the Zombie Apocalypse(6/6) Turn 1
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2012, 06:29:08 pm »

Transmitting to Alexei Noskovr...
Statement: Acknowledged Captain Noskovr. Units dispatched to organic settlement 'Anglenburg City' are as follows:
-'Locus' Light Mechanized infantry. Count 5
-'Razorback' Mechanized Armored Vehicle. Count 1
- 'Verticopter' Heavy support transport. Count 2

Statement: We are currently dismantling the post organic entities south of the city. When the south sector is secure, we will redeploy units to assist you.

(Found some pictures that look like what I had in mind for my units. I stuck them into my first post in the thread on page 2. Also, I noticed I made an error with my hero unit. It should enhance the movement for a microturn, not for a whole turn.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2012, 12:40:01 am »

Repicking for no2, since it looks like im going to move around after the zed :P
Goin' to sleep, back in about 8 hours?
EDIT: I would like a real map of the mines, so i know what im looking at more specifically.

What do you want for the map. The current map is a top down view of the mine , which was nothing more than a cut of exploratory shaft. ( Really letting you start with a good position, a flly build mine and stealth mode from being underground would be a bit OP)
Thinking about the area around the mine, like is it a grassland.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2012, 12:43:17 am »

So, i guess im just going to wait for a second person on the mission? Or can i roll in singleplayer?  8)
Forget it, i just noticed mr green man :3

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2012, 12:58:02 am »

While on the way to the city interior, the captain of the operation quickly fires up the communications, and sends a message to the "Green Men".
"Hey guys," screen looks like its going to explode, then turns back again "Woah, sorry about that, it's some old crap we got here. Well, we are going in with you, so none of us are alone, just leave the 100 citizens to the south to us. and dont forget, we ar-"screen explodes "Damn it" The captain turned back to the agents. "Okay lads, we are going in to the middle of the city, some others are taking the outskirts." "We are going to land here. points at O1 And you know the drill guys, lightspeed in, complete the mission, lightspeed out."
EDIT: I want all ze helicopterz out! NAOZ!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:03:58 am by Donuts »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2012, 12:59:55 am »

Btw, if i havent chose color, pink. Just for the sake of ponies.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2012, 02:56:57 am »

"Well, men, welcome to our new home. It may not look like much, but it's better than it seems. Let's start by putting up a perimeter so that the zeds have a harder time getting in. Move!" Nieren turned to one of his soldiers, the captain of the Little Green Men. Captain. I've received word that there's a city that's been under attack recently. There are civilians in there, and while I know you guys aren't used to city fighting, I've decided to send you in to deal with it. Also, I want you to take two squads of the Green Men with you- you're going to need some firepower for up close. Take the helicopters to help evacuate the survivors."

Build a perimiter fence at the base. 150 funds remaining, 98 mineral remaining. Also, dispatch the entireity of the Little Green Men and two squads (half) of the Green Men to mission #2, with all four personnel helicopters.

Also, if you look at my sheet on page one, I've added another special building. I'm going to need the storage building to build it, though.
Yeah, about that perimeter. The cost is per wall tile . ( 1 tile on your base map) I'm going to nerf it a bit more though, to 50 per wall tile and 1 rescource.)
About your building, it's size 1 yet helicopters (size 2+) can land on it. That doesn't quite make sense, since the helicopters are larger then the fort.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2012, 02:59:06 am »

Does mu turn look and battleorders good btw? Or do I have do change/specify anything?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2012, 03:05:22 am »

Does mu turn look and battleorders good btw? Or do I have do change/specify anything?
I don't think so. The bolding makes it easy to read. (Maybe a summary at the end of the turn, but that isn't really needed). Also note that your helicopters can land on roofs if there's enough space.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2012, 03:13:40 am »

I don't think so. The bolding makes it easy to read. (Maybe a summary at the end of the turn, but that isn't really needed). Also note that your helicopters can land on roofs if there's enough space.

Might do that the next turn then, although I liked to "bake in" the orders in the roleplay fluff. I also changed to land on the survivor roof, M21,22. But now I am off for shooting people IRL. Paintball ftw.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2012, 03:42:34 am »

Might do that the next turn then, although I liked to "bake in" the orders in the roleplay fluff. I also changed to land on the survivor roof, M21,22. But now I am off for shooting people IRL. Paintball ftw.
PB is awesome

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2012, 04:34:17 am »

I think now we just need Ghazkull.

So far we have:

Mission 1:
-Fortis
-Evil Mahardja
Mission 2:
-Donuts
-Doomblade
Mission 3:
-adwarf
-

Also you can already post whatever you want to research, so that I can look at it and possibly balance.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:53:00 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2012, 04:49:24 am »

uhm what assets do i have now? my hero unit and the first two units mentioned or what?

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2012, 04:50:15 am »

We all did some kind of RP entry, except for doomblade :p

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2012, 05:53:42 am »

uhm what assets do i have now? my hero unit and the first two units mentioned or what?
Hero +2 first units mentioned. + Cash noted in sheet.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2012, 05:56:44 am »

We all did some kind of RP entry, except for doomblade :p

Eh, I like the bold and fluff to be seperate, but that's just me.

Back at the base: "Sir, we just recieved communications from another group of mercenaries on the same misson. What do you want us to do?" the captain asked. "Just continue on the mission as before. Move into the city at B-3 and open fire on the largest zed group in range. I want you to send the helicopters, with one squad of Green Men, to T-5. Good luck."

On a side note, I'll just use another mineral and get three tiles for the perimiter.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:02:42 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20