Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Adcessuspagina: Warhammer 40k mod Succession Game (Looking for players)  (Read 21290 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k mod succession game
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2012, 10:08:25 pm »

There's a glitch with the keybindings. You may wanna go into the file with the bindingds and simply fix them yourself. Dogs are still trainable but the keyes look like they were re/unassinged by accident.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2012, 11:01:51 pm »

I beleive this happened when we updated our base to 34.07. I copied the keybindings from the old version over, which had no references to the new stuff! *facepalm*

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2012, 02:45:04 pm »

Ahhhhh, that's what it is. That shouldn't be so hard to fix. :)

Tahujdt - might you put something like "(looking for players)" in the title, to try to get more potential overseers in here?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2012, 04:59:14 pm »

Tahujdt - might you put something like "(looking for players)" in the title, to try to get more potential overseers in here?

Done.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2012, 05:04:34 pm »

Thanks, ptw.
The only thing I'm concerned about is what I worship.  :o

^^THIS!
I'm looking at my character:
Oh, he likes ferroplas, generic stone, large rats, and he worships...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adcessuspagina: Warhammer 40k mod Succession Game (Looking for players)
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2012, 05:13:12 pm »

I believe it's a quirk of the game. Logic dictates all these damn hivers are herectics really.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2012, 06:43:59 pm »

I did look into hex editing to change the language that the gods are named from... but it is sadly not possible

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2012, 08:23:53 pm »

Am i going to take the next turn? Splint? DVNO? Anyone?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If noone has by tomorrow I'll give it a crack.

Do I have permission to fix those bugs as well? Only Talvieno agreed.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

I will take the turn after next, which will be Abregado, Splint, or DVNO.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, come on... Underhive is a fun challenge, isn't anyone up to it? You don't really have to have played the mod before, I don't think - once the caravan gets there you're pretty much set, provided you use the mechanisms I made to buy plenty of blood fungi and food. ...And also provided that you don't wind up with anything particularly Fun during your turn.

If noone has by tomorrow I'll give it a crack.

Do I have permission to fix those bugs as well? Only Talvieno agreed.
Why do you think anyone would disagree? Just out of curiosity.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think alot of people are put off by the fact that they'd litarally be flying blind (And in Underhive, lack of know-how can end a settlment in a hurry. It was quite a mess the way my first went...)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just run it with backups every season, and do an extra backup before I try something risky. My last turn was backed up about 12 times...

Some call it savescumming, I call it continuing the narrative.

Also if nothing exciting happens I often restart my turn. No excuse for a boring turn.

Its just bad form to modify the game save when its in progress... I'll do what I can to fix it up

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think alot of people are put off by the fact that they'd litarally be flying blind (And in Underhive, lack of know-how can end a settlment in a hurry. It was quite a mess the way my first went...)
Ahhhh, but Entrypages is already a few years in, and relatively stable. It might lead to Fun, but I doubt it would lead to the end of the fort.

Its just bad form to modify the game save when its in progress... I'll do what I can to fix it up
Perhaps, but you're fixing bugs, yes? I think that's worth modifying it a bit - just to make sure the game plays as it's supposed to.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean since everythings up and running, and they haven't played the mod before, they won't know how to fix things that go wrong and ina  panic might forget to ask the rest of us.

I'm going to download a clean version of the mod (Mine's riddled with heavy modding) and try to mess with it as little as possible. I'm going to inist on helmets and breedable vent lurkers/spiders though. The lurkers to attempt starting a breeding program to feed booze production, the spiders for fighting animals and chitin armor; it's better than relying on trade and scrap, even if it doesn't do much. Scrap sheets just don't come in fast enough to outfit even a small squad, and trade is impractical for armor of any sort anyway, since civ merchants can't send you armor it seems.

The rest will be left as is, mostly so I can force myself to come to grips with that damned lake of any reasonable protection for hands and feet. (Once again, my rage says that makes no sense in such a place.) But oddly enough, again to make snatchers more of a threat than nuisnace, are the above permitable along with the knife or have you already released the version with the makeshift one?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10