Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Adcessuspagina: Warhammer 40k mod Succession Game (Looking for players)  (Read 21300 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k mod succession game
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2012, 05:16:22 am »

7th Granite

I'm a week late arriving at the fort, however I consider that not so bad given the last minute notice I was given.

The fort is running, but Gerontius be damned it is a shambles!

The list I have jotted down on my way in is thus:
  • The Gatehouse. Nobody even noticed me arriving until I arrived in the Diving Hall. Security is very lax!
  • I passed a group of unused workshops on the way in. It seems this is where the scraps are left. It will have to moved to a more secure location
  • I can feel warm air from the domes below blowing about WHILE IM INSIDE. Somewhere there is a door open. Again, security
  • The storerooms are messy. While there is plenty of water on hand, nothing is stored correctly
  • While there are plenty of high skilled farmer, it seems its everyones job to harvest.
  • The farmers dont seem to know what fertilizer is....
  • Upon stopping several people and asking, it seems that nobody mentioned it is unsafe to collect the dead until after the battle is over
  • The first squad is fully trained and yet is still wasting ammunition. They will be put on watch!
  • That said, there is nowhere to put them on watch! Emperor forbid we were to get attacked in the next few days!

OOC - Playing it now... :D I re-hivered everyone who was interested as our pro-military guys (Deon, Destroid, DVNO, ORESOME, Orky_Boss, Pokon, Suds, Tahu, Abregado)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:24:52 am by Abregado »

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 06:24:30 am »

7th Granite - Lunch time

My first half day has been filled with sequestering work orders, reallocating stockpiles and designating new rooms.

A few quirks have come up. One of them being the story of Decerpo Propriusfoedus. We found his partial skeleton in a workshop which looked like it had been quickly bricked up to entomb him. The old manager Tahu said he came down with "The touch of the Emperor". It seems some of the hivers get a sudden burst of inspiration that they cannot quell with the materials made available to them. This eventually drives them mad.

I ordered several worthless workshops to be pulled down and some old areas bricked up.

New things to add to the list are:
  • New refuse area
  • Quern for making bonemeal and subsequently fertilizer. No more bone crafts!
  • More beds and tables for the hospital
  • Revamp of the farming area which is located in the top of a local rockspire
  • Bricking up of a secondary entrance which i found. It leads from outside directly to the dining room
  • Bricking up of a tertiary entrance which leads from the caverns to the dining room
  • A CRYPT! Thankfully the guilders have not noticed this breach of the most holy of laws. Nobody has been buried here for 3 years, instead left to rot outside

OOC - I've been playing 1.5 hours so far and haven't unpaused the game. about 30 mins were spent in Dwarf Therapist setting up labours. Tahu, dont take my roleplaying the wrong way, I just always write as if my manager is a pompous know it all... Over all the fort looks good.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 07:30:52 am »

25th Granite
Some migrants arrived. I had our squad go topside to cover them. Some spiders came to harass us and bit ORESOME. He has been sent to the hospital but should recover nicely.

2nd Felsite - Late Spring

Things are coming together nicely. The new entrance hall is being put together as I write this. The stockpiles have been sorted and most of the projects listed in my other entries have begun.

Today sadly, ORESOME died. Well, we are unsure when he died as nobody had visited him in the hospital for a long time. He was found today when miasma spilled from the hospital into the dining room, annoying several people. He was one of our best warriors and will be missed/replaced.

OOC -  I designated 2 doctors, and he never got diagnosed. Will hiver up the next mighty warrior that we train as ORESOME II
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:33:06 am by Abregado »

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2012, 09:50:24 am »

18th Sandstone - Mid Autumn

Most things are finished. The entrance is up and working. While I was working on everything the caravan came and went! We have only exported 792cr worth of goods! No wonder we haven't attracted the Guilders yet.

Here is an image of the new Entrance and how it works. I've set some of the guard to be on duty all the time now.

There is also two wells in the settlement now. Hivers dont go outside to drink and clean anymore. The small pond out the back of the spire has also been cordoned off but I still dont feel safe with it open like that.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2012, 10:39:34 am »

Turns done, not much else happened. Rehivered ORESOME. Got some melee troops together. Really need yeast production to take off so we can make some second best.

Warhammer_40k_Succesion_Game_Turn_2.rar

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2012, 05:26:40 pm »

If anyone wants to join, just say so. I'll add more slots.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »

Abregado, you should have labeled the levers. Which ones are which?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2012, 09:42:32 pm »

um..... i'll let you have a minute to find it yourself.

or..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I:
  • labelled all the Hotkeys. I didn't do the notes from the SettlementGuide(tm) but I did label any new ones I made.
  • made a bunch of custom professions in DT. The next person can use them, or change them up.
  • tried my best to keep to ramps, except where making the well as it was not practical

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:45:50 pm by Abregado »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 12:12:32 am »

Awesome updates so far, nice year... Curious, though - I was skipped?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2012, 10:00:31 am »

Yeah im not sure what happened after Splint and DVNO both didnt have their go. I thought you were after me now..

I kinda just got on with it when Tahu said it was my go. Perhaps we should have Tahu update the OP and i'll PM Splint to clear out his first post as we cant update it and it will confuse people..

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »

Ahhhh, I figured his post was official stuff and he was helping out. :-\

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2012, 05:02:43 pm »

If it's ok, I'd still like to be the one in charge of various casualties. I updated my post accordingly.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »

Okay, so... it's my turn, then?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2012, 08:22:39 pm »

Go to it, young hiver!

Abregado, the new entrance doesn't LEAD anywhere. Is that wrong?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2012, 09:35:47 pm »

Errr umm... no it leads to the fort. But into the bottom section just below the dining room.

The old entrance should not be used unless it's an emergency (as a sally port). The new one that was seemingly dug as a pond cistern is connected to the new bridgy doom entrance.

Probably could be widened to accommodate wagons...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10