Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Adcessuspagina: Warhammer 40k mod Succession Game (Looking for players)  (Read 21296 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k mod succession game
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:03 pm »

Unusual, but what the hell do I know. I can't seem to get anything accomplished as I give up my settlements due to migrant hordes.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 11:31:37 pm »

With slab fixes, just build the Migrant Pancake Maker 19! (19 being as high as a dwarf can count.) Plus, if you order now, we'll include the Pet Disposal as a gift!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 11:33:35 pm »

Oh god....

GIven it's a hiveworld what's a few more deaths? But nah. I think I'll start a melee corps to tie up enemies while the riflemen blow holes in them.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 11:35:21 pm »

But wait, there's more! We'll also include the zombie pit attachment absolutely free!
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 11:37:37 pm »

You keep that nurgle shit out of here. I don't need those things killing everyone because of a faulty hatch.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 11:41:06 pm »

It would be a one way pit.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 09:40:53 am »

Playing ahead on my personal save, I found that the caravan will bring 1.27 fucktons of grox cows, since I ordered them. You might want to build a bigger farm.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:01 pm »

Make me a human, if you dont mind, by the name of Claude. Anything thats not useless will do as a job.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:32:36 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 05:53:02 pm »

Sorry about the delay, guys! Splint has this turn. The save is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6168. This folder contains the save, audiolog, OOC notes, and tour of the base using the (N)otes command and a follow-along text file. Strike the rockcrete!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 07:53:40 pm »

I decided before I begin, I'll post up the OP's Audiologs. While I don't approve of using the dwarven calander (the wiki has a conversion to georgian calander, with granite being March and so on) It's easier than editing the whole damn log.

This is a Plasteel dataslate. It is of once-fine cratsmanship, though rusting in small spots. It's outercasing is dented and the left and right sides are grimey with much use. the bottom right corner of the screen is cracked, and its mallium stylus appears to be bent slightly. It bears the the audiolog of "Tahu" Missilecruor, Expedition Leader of Adcessuspagina, an outpost in the ashwastes of Necromunda. There appears to be blood upon the Adeptus Mechanicus emblem on the back housing.

14 November, 25
I have just recently been given the opportunity to lead an expedition into the ash wastes south of the Hive. Because of the growing threat from the Outlaw Hivers, an outpost will be necessary to hold them off.

Crew List:

Charta Vedumspeculum, Drillworker
As one of our two drillworkers, she is crucial. I've noticed that she seems weird, because she talks to random objects. She gets angry very quickly, which wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't holding a drill.

Foedus Otiumobsideo, Drillworker

Our other drillworker, she is very creative and admiring of beauty. I've noticed that she seems put off by my authority.

Crystallum Laborocustos, Blacksmith

Our only metalworker, we will rely on him to process plascrete and all of the scraps that we find. He is kind of nervous, which isn't good for someone who works with red-hot metal all day long.

Durus Paginabellua, Clothier

Our crafter and carpenter, he is always jittery. He is very dedicated to the mission and strives for excellence.

Contremesco Conmittoverber, Fungilist

Our main farmer, he will grow fungus on the hive ash of the south. She seems very compassionate, but she doesn't go out of her way to do more work than necessary. She indulges herself and seeks short-term rewards. (Personally, I think she drinks too much second best.) However, she hates heretics as much as I do.

Turris Aestumatiojanua, Scavenger

She is our scavenger and cook, responsible for scrounging up metal and processing food. She is very candid, and doesn't like to compromise. (Although, she does look kinda cute...)

We will take three grox and three dogs as well. (I have a friend who says she knows how to tame vent lurkers. Let's hope she's right.)

9 January, 25
I have been putting together materials for the expedition. I barely scrounged enough money together. (Fuel rods are EXPENSIVE. If I could I'd have had the bastards beaten by an enforcer for extortion.)

15 January, 25
That Emperor-damned Guild has been ripping us off! They insisted that carbide was the only material that our tools could be made in, but I found someone who could make them for us out of rockcrete for 1/5 the cost! We now can afford much more water and synthcake to take with us. I even got a spare fuel rod! If they ever visit our settlement, they will regret it.

1 Granite, 26
My dataslate changed automatically over to the local calender, which is named mostly after mythical stones. But for intents and purposes, I think it's about March accroding to the old Georgian calander if memory serves. We arrived at a rock outcropping with a cave inside that looks like a good place to set up. Charta and Foedus started widening the opening to allow Hiver wagons through.

20 Granite, 26
We ran out of supplies in the wagon, so we unpacked all of the cases of synthcake. Lots of water, too. Me and Turris are going out tonight.

7 Felsite, 26
W have had multiple face eater attacks. One crept out of the cave unnoticed, and attacked those working by the wagon. The other attacked our grox inside the cave.

16 Hematite, 26
I. Hate. FACE EATERS. This cave is infested with them. If I ever get a hold of a flamer I'll burn the miserable little shits out my self, as We have had three more attacks. We have also finished digging out the depot area.

19 Hematite, 26
Damn it. We just dug into some impassible hive supports while digging the living quarters. This will make things a touch harder to set up.

28 Hematite, 26
A couple of folks who got lost came upon our settlement.

List:
Navis Adtigoamplector
Married to Andron Ratismeditor
Father of Claustrum Capissoaes
He is a great shot, better than me in fact. He also knows how to train animals. Now I can see about training our extra grox for battle!

Andron Ratismeditor
Married to Navis Adtigoamplector
Mother of Claustrum Capissoaes
She is a wood burner, so I'll have her work on cremating all of our rubbish. She is also a former enforcer, and good with a mace.

Claustrum Capissoaes
Son of Navis Adtigoamplector and Andron Ratismeditor.
He is two years old.

Novacula Rotundus

She has contacts within the Guild, so I'm making her my broker.

Dining room finished. Now I have to audit the outpost and count everything we have. Unless I can get Novacula to do it.

12 Sandstone, 26
First crop of waxroots finally grew. I am having them processed and woven. Next, blood fungus. Water supplies are running low, so I'm preparing a water still.

13 Sandstone, 26
More migrants, I'm using most of them for water production.

25 Sandstone, 26
Damn damn damn damn damn! A cherub just stole my spare gun!

9 Obsidian, 26
Things have been pretty uneventful lately. I'm having Crystallum forge Navis a gun so I have a hunting partner.

20 Granite, 27
Charta decided to throw a party. It's awesome, but it also means that we're not getting any work done. Me and Turris spent the night in an old rockcrete mine.

2 Slate, 27
Finally, rain! I'm going to construct a cistern, draining all of the ponds in the area.

3 Slate, 27
Andron gave birth to a boy, Turris Solumfaux.

14 Felsite, 27
The caravan arrived. We only had some cloth to trade, so we bought some wood and two more grox, a cow and a bull. We also "borrowed" the gun from one of the guards. Alright so he was swilling some second best in a canteen and we waited until he passed out to take it, but still. We just told him a cherub swiped the thing.

25 Felsite, 27
Tragic news. After several attempts, a child, Vallus Idoliumverber, was captured by Scavvies. The guard was doubled after this.

2 Malachite, 27
More hivers have arrived, evidently hearing about the outpost from the merchants.

12 Malachite, 27
Vexillum Germenverbo gave birth to a girl, Convallis Navisspargo.

23 Malachite, 27
A young boy, Gladius Terracramaculus, started acting funny. He took some bones and went into a crafter's workshop.

27 Malachite, 27
And the boy created a vent lurker bone amulet named after himself. He will now make stuff from grox bone for the rest of his life, as he seems to be disturbingly skilled in it now.

10 Galena, 27
I'm getting married! Turris is as happy as I am! We're going to move into a larger hab space.

1 Timber, 27
Things have been uneventful. I am expanding both the smelters and the water stills. Crystallum has been rather withdrawn lately. All of a sudden, he barged into a workshop and locked the door.

3 Timber, 27
More hivers, displaced by outlaws, bringing our population to 43.

5 Timber, 27
3 Grox hatched. These are the first to be born here.

11 Timber, 27
Crystallum created a rockcrete crown, "The Nature of Jail". I'm going to make him our enforcer.

20 Felsite, 28
Absolutely nothing going on except for a scavvy ambush. My gunners took them down without casualties. One grox took a spear to the head, but he isn't dead yet.

10 Galena, 28
I have a son! We named him Gemma Ponsutor.

12 Galena, 28
After our population grew to 60+, I was elected mayor. I decided, after looking around, my room suddenly seems too small for one in a position such as mine. I also, want windows so I can keep an eye on the others in the halls or other rooms.

3rd Obsidian, 28
Another Emperor-inspired artifact, a wooden amulet. Whoopdedo, you wasted some of our wood dumbass.

27th Obsidian, 28
We are wrapping up the year with a rash of outlaw attacks, resulting in the death of one of my troopers and several injuries. We are melting down their weapons now, though I've been advised against it.

-The audiolog seems to fizzle and terminate on it's own, likely the result of faulty parts in the dataslate itself.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 08:37:49 pm »

What happened to "hivering" people?

I'm also interested to see if those rockcrete tools actually work. The building construction requires METAL ones to work correctly from my tests...

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 08:41:48 pm »

First of all, rockcrete funnels and stuff do work, nd second, you can buy a rockcrete iso fuel rod case for 400.  So, yeah, kinda bugged.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »

Splint, how is the HiverTours(TM) file working out?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »

Seems it'll be informative. I wanna finish Playing Combine Destiny before I start, but everything is downloaded and ready to play.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2012, 02:35:24 am »

Ok, before I update on the first month, it seems we lack the mental capacity to make a metal dome with a chinstrap. I'm gonna see about recifying that because even the worst PDF units have some armor.

Otherwise it makes welee weapons redundant as they have zero means of at least lessening the injuries sustained by rifle fire and zero protection for hands and feet, VERY important appendages prone to crippling injury.

EDIT:
Oh, and everyone's been Hiver'd.
Abregado and Destroid: Furnace Operators
Suds: Engraver
Deon: Weaponsmith
Me: Siege operator (custom profession: Sapper)
Pokon: Blacksmith
Orky_Boss:Hiver; Assigned to sword squad.
OREOSOME: Fungalist(farmer; Quite vital)
DVNO: Colonel/Autogunner
Talvieno: Legendary Carpenter

EDIT II: Ok, so because evidently hivers lack the ability to make armor, I can't indulge in my favorite means of fighting, as I refuse to send out decently skilled melee troops as literal meat shields; That's just wrong.

Mails I understand, but solid armor and shields can be made cheaply with pressed(pr sufficently hammered) metal plates. And I tried to rectify this, but it seems impossible; I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to call it quits on this. I've been denied my favorite element of fighting in DF's engine thanks to the ease of which an unarmored melee solider is crippled for life and that's too much of a turn off. It also makes absolutly no sense, as no fighter in thier right mind would fight in easy to perforate (read: Leather) armor if they can help it. And leather armor plus melee = dead melee on all sides and no fun. And I mean fun as in entertainment, not fun as in catastrophic failure of epic proportion. My apologies Tahujdt, but I can't play a DF mod where I can't send my soldiers to rip the enemy apart in melee, and it'd take too long to trade for Armor.

Again, my apologies. And while I love the mod, that bit of artificial stupidity isn't gonna fly, as humans would logically figure out a way to make ok armor that can stop more than a blunt peice of wood (lets face it, the best leather can do is reduce a compound fracture to minor on or a chipped bone.) Sorry for the bitching, but that's a game breaker to me. (for god's sake, are these humans braindamaged from birth?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10