Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 107677 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - An arrow escape [Day 6]
« Reply #480 on: May 23, 2012, 10:35:22 pm »

It was a lot simpler than you folks made it out to be- two scum and a Brother to a townie.
I really thought there'd be another 3rd party to balance the brother to a townie thing. In fact, I ended up betting the game on it. Oh well.

It was almost a lot more interesting- Hapah had the Brooch of the Phoenix!  If a double kill involving him had happened, I would have loved reading Book's reaction.
Yup, I saw that and was very glad I decided not to target Hapah earlier. It would really have ruined my day. But I gotta say, that was both very lucky (having the Brooch and a means to off yourself, i.e., scroll of danger) and also very cunning. Well played. Glad I didn't have to deal with it.

Book, you moved to the tune of the Danse Macabre, why'd you give it up?  :P
I kept it up as much as possible, and had at least a hope of winning till the very end (from my view). But yeah, it was a lot of hard work, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased at my performance even if it was eventually unsuccessful.

Man.  And I was so sure I was on to something with the whole UI<->Jack interactions.
Yeah, that was suspicious as hell, wasn't it? I saw that too, and overplayed it all I could.
This was your major tactical flaw. By constructing cases on me and Jack that were so intertwined with each other, you basically lost everything on me as soon as Jack flipped town.
Which is why you were the next corpse on the floor. Yeah, I knew (and said so in scumchat) that I had to concentrate on one, not both, but you kept stealing the limelight, I couldn't ignore you.

EDIT: That's a lot of scumchat.
Yeah... I got quite verbose for a solo chat, but I think scumchat is the best part of being scum, and knew Tiruin was reading, so I used it a lot. My replace for Darvi comes in at comment #71.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]
« Reply #481 on: May 23, 2012, 10:36:21 pm »

Heh, apparently I was posing a threat to scum D1. Could have fooled myself there!

EDIT: And I was a candidate for a N2 kill? What is this? I played terribly. :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:38:05 pm by NativeForeigner »
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 23, 2012, 10:38:54 pm »

I am inclined to run another, but I do want to tweak a few rules first.

Yeah, I agree. I also want another, but we should spend a few days on the rules thread first. There was also a bit of confusion as to order of actions and desirable results and whatnot, yes? I also think we could use a few new items, and I'm very curious as to the drop rates chances & distributions you used and which items were actually generated, and we should talk a bit about the common pool, and...

Yeah.

PPE: Native, sorry about that frame action on you when I joined. I really had no choice, and you were scummy as hell.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 23, 2012, 10:39:58 pm »

YES! Nice job guys, it was pretty interesting to watch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 23, 2012, 10:41:00 pm »

EDIT: That's a lot of scumchat.
Yeah... I got quite verbose for a solo chat, but I think scumchat is the best part of being scum, and knew Tiruin was reading, so I used it a lot. My replace for Darvi comes in at comment #71.

:))

The game was fun whether win or lose anyway. That pre-day win was a tangle of intricate webbery.

And, I wouldn't have had it any other way, Book. You are the scum! Yay buddy!

* Tiruin wipes a tear as he thinks about Darvi.

Heh, apparently I was posing a threat to scum D1. Could have fooled myself there!

EDIT: And I was a candidate for a N2 kill? What is this? I played terribly. :P
An imposing one indeed. But...you were playing terribly.  :P

Re-considering joining back in Mafia? Sorry to go all !kill! on you then, it was pretty hard on me to do that when you did know that person was innocent, and quite new.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 23, 2012, 10:43:27 pm »

Man, why kill /me/? I can't even remember! I think people think I'm way better at this game than I am sometimes. :P
I'm never a threat to no one. Even when I know someone is scum, I don't think I've ever been able to get them lynched.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 23, 2012, 10:45:36 pm »

Man, why kill /me/? I can't even remember! I think people think I'm way better at this game than I am sometimes. :P
I'm never a threat to no one. Even when I know someone is scum, I don't think I've ever been able to get them lynched.

Darvi said so.

I'm innocent. [/ ::)]

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 23, 2012, 10:46:21 pm »

I probably will. I was pretty relieved to be lynched on day 2 tbh. I was occupied with another thing and I was resorting to making up random answers to questions.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 23, 2012, 10:48:02 pm »

PPE: Native, sorry about that frame action on you when I joined. I really had no choice, and you were scummy as hell.

Heh, you were just playing the game and I seriously had it coming. The game was running at a bad time for me and it impacted my performance big time. I still think I was lynched for a dumb reason, though. >_>

An imposing one indeed. But...you were playing terribly.  :P

I know, I know.  ::)

Well... at the very least, I'm glad to know that I'm apparently still a threat even when I'm playing so poorly.  ;D
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 23, 2012, 10:49:16 pm »

Also, go town. ^^w^^

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 23, 2012, 10:52:25 pm »

Also, go town. ^^w^^

So that was you, GlyphyGryph. :3

I probably will. I was pretty relieved to be lynched on day 2 tbh. I was occupied with another thing and I was resorting to making up random answers to questions.

Yay! New Blood!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - An arrow escape [Day 6]
« Reply #492 on: May 23, 2012, 10:55:29 pm »

But yeah, it was a lot of hard work, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased at my performance even if it was eventually unsuccessful.

Seconded.  You practically had this game.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 23, 2012, 11:07:12 pm »

Which is why you were the next corpse on the floor. Yeah, I knew (and said so in scumchat) that I had to concentrate on one, not both, but you kept stealing the limelight, I couldn't ignore you.
You would have fallen for that lyncher claim if I had posted it later (as in minutes from day end), wouldn't you? I really wish I had been able to pull that off.

Also if nobody died and it went to 4p, that'd be MyLo and I would have pushed for a nolynch because hey, free night of stuff happening.

and I still think this resolution is better than dragging out the mudslide with Imiknorris for another week. I don't think we could stomach it.
I doubt I'd be able to.

Sorry about that. At least you still won. And hey, for a first time player, you didn't do bad at all.

Also Hapah played an amazing first game.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 23, 2012, 11:09:45 pm »

Also Hapah played an amazing first game.

^^

We unanimously agreed on that in the scumchat. Hapah is scary, and I admit, I had to underestimate him, ranking him out from my list-of-people-to-kill.

Shows what I know.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35