Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 107697 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Same Shit, Different Day [Day 5]
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2012, 05:24:06 pm »

I'm sticking with my vote on Book because, fuck it, at this point it's as good as a vote on anyone to me.
Dude, you're betting the game on "because fuck it". Not cool.
He really isn't. I mean, the more votes on me the better, but I've got the lead.

He's going to flip scum or scum-ally. If he doesn't, and the game is not over, there's time to figure out what that means.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh you're going to be so disappointed. And then dead.

But seriously, Shakerag. Wait until tomorrow when I'm lynched. Things will be a whole lot clearer. Note that most of Book's case on either me or Jack is based on our interactions. When I flip town, Book's case on Jack goes down in flames, and my case on Book is posthumously vindicated.

Actually, the votecount is:
UI:  Book, UI
Book: Shakerag, Jack
Jack: Hapah

So ... why not just skip the bullshit and lynch Bookthras today, UI?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:29 pm »

What.

Oh yeah, you were the one who voted me, not Hapah. In that case all right. Bookthras.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2012, 05:39:56 pm »

You can humor me in the meantime, Bookthras, by giving me your theory on why there was no kill N3 or N4 though.  Jack too, if he shows up.
Speculation on night kills or lack thereof is generally too wifomy, but for lack of kill N4 a probable explanation is clear: UI was blocked.

What. Oh yeah, you were the one who voted me, not Hapah. In that case all right. Bookthras.
Yeah right, you lost track of who was voting you, very convincing. What you are trying to do, as I said earlier, was trick people into voteswapping late in the day so you could get out of your bussing gambit. Scummy as hell, you are.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2012, 05:52:35 pm »

You can humor me in the meantime, Bookthras, by giving me your theory on why there was no kill N3 or N4 though.  Jack too, if he shows up.
Speculation on night kills or lack thereof is generally too wifomy, but for lack of kill N4 a probable explanation is clear: UI was blocked.
I thought you said I'd flip "either scum or scum-ally," so how would that prevent the nightkill in the latter case?

Your theories keep shooting your other theories full of holes.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »

That's why I said it was "a probable explanation" rather than a certainty.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2012, 07:44:17 pm »

I'm here and I started drinking instead of getting groceries, because this game is giving me a fucking headache. LET'S DO THIS!!

I want to know the moment, the exact fucking moment, that my compromise went straight to hell. Find it for me. We went from a reasonable compromise vote on Jack to Urist and Book throwing fucking rocks at each other. I don't know if Jack is scum. I think there are two scum, the NK actions make sense. And I'm a HELL of a lot more scared of two scum than a scum and a third. Two scum makes more sense from where I'm sitting, and I want to know how we got off on this random-ass third party bullshit.

If there's two scum, one of them is Jack. Period, full stop, end of goddamn sentence. I don't see anyone contesting this point, and if you do, make your case: We've got a whole two hours.

There might be third parties, sure. Maybe Urist a lyncher. Maybe Book is a survivor. Maybe I'm a goddamn Werewolf Vampire Wizard Hooker from two threads over. I don't care!

I think the possibility of two scum left is more likely than one scum and a 3rd party. I might be wrong, yeah. But it makes more sense than the fucking bullshit I've seen all over this thread. I haven't seen any reasons that make the Jack vote a bad deal except for "there might be a third party". I'm not going to meta about game balance. If Urist and Book are a two scum or a scum and a 3rd party team, I'll hand them the game on a silver fucking platter, because their performance has been so damn convincing that they deserve the win if that's the case. I actually think it'd be kinda funny if Urist fakeclaimed Ranger, trueclaimed lyncher, re-fakeclaimed Ranger (Paladin? Whatever), and then wins with the lynch. Wouldn't it be funny? One for the books. I think it's way less likely that most people are thinking.

I'm drunk, so I know I'm not elegant. The point is this: I think the Jack compromise vote is the best vote we're going to get. I don't know why, or how, or when it got derailed or debunked, but I'll listed if you will tell me.

Urist and Book: Q
uit throwing shit at each other. We get it. Really.

Shakerag: Don't give out on me. Two hours left in the day, and then you get a whole 24 hours to not worry about it, assuming the game is still going.

What did I miss? Tell me. Two hours.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2012, 07:56:39 pm »

Maybe I'm a goddamn Werewolf Vampire Wizard Hooker from two threads over.
Heh. Someone should sig this, I like it. That must be some primo hooch you're guzzling.

I want to know the moment, the exact fucking moment, that my compromise went straight to hell.
I think (but can't say I'm sure) it was UI's self-vote. Which I called as a confusion tactic, and indeed was confusing as hell.

The point is this: I think the Jack compromise vote is the best vote we're going to get.
Works for me, as I'm pretty sure it's at least one of them, and the other is his pal in some way. That's what I was doing until UI went nuts with the self-vote. But it's Shakerag who you need to convince. UI isn't going to move his vote to his buddy unless he has no other choice.

Vote Jack AT. Cue Imiknorris explaining how it means I believe he's a lyncher and his cunning plan was right all along.

Shakerag: Look at who is voting me: two likely scum plus you. That should be a hint right there.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2012, 08:02:22 pm »

I was deciding what to have, and I saw I had a bottle of Rogue gin. It's Roguelike. And it's fucking delicious, unlike this thread.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2012, 08:15:07 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T:   Hapah, Bookthras
Bookthras:  Jack A T, Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Hapah: 

Not Voting: 

Day 5 will last until Monday, 5/21 at 11 PM EST, less than 2 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2012, 09:04:30 pm »

One hour left.

Shakerag and/or Urist, you're up.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:12 pm »

I want to know the moment, the exact fucking moment, that my compromise went straight to hell. Find it for me. We went from a reasonable compromise vote on Jack to Urist and Book throwing fucking rocks at each other.
That was when I claimed Lyncher in a failed trap/gambit for tomorrow and Jack pointed out that I'd be a LyLo breaker if I was telling the truth, so I had to come clean. In the process Jack and Book basically confirmed themselves to not be a scumteam.

I think there are two scum, the NK actions make sense. And I'm a HELL of a lot more scared of two scum than a scum and a third. Two scum makes more sense from where I'm sitting
Even though three scum + brother to scum is ridiculously weighted toward scum, as D1 would be MyLo if the brother could make contact with the target? Also, if Jack and Book were both scum, they would have both jumped on me immediately when I claimed lyncher, as opposed to Jack keeping his vote on Book and Book not voting me until I voted myself. Effortless mislynch at LyLo and all.

I'm not going to meta about game balance.
Then how about reactions to my claim?

If Urist and Book are a two scum or a scum and a 3rd party team, I'll hand them the game on a silver fucking platter, because their performance has been so damn convincing that they deserve the win if that's the case. I actually think it'd be kinda funny if Urist fakeclaimed Ranger, trueclaimed lyncher, re-fakeclaimed Ranger (Paladin? Whatever), and then wins with the lynch. Wouldn't it be funny? One for the books. I think it's way less likely that most people are thinking.
I almost wish either of these were the case because they would both just be so amazing.

Urist and Book: Quit throwing shit at each other. We get it. Really.
Will do (don't open the spoiler). I'll try to be more sane tomorrow.

One hour left.
Let's make it twenty-five. Extend.

Jack. I'm okay with lynching any of the three of us. A mislynch won't cost the game today.

Spoiler: Required jab at Book (click to show/hide)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 21, 2012, 09:18:26 pm »

One hour left.
Let's make it twenty-five. Extend.
I'd much rather get on with it. We extended a week because some of us were absent, but now we're all here and all arguments have been heard. I will not oppose the extension, but I'm not crazy about the idea.

Jack. I'm okay with lynching any of the three of us. A mislynch won't cost the game today.
Shakerag: don't believe him, or think that because he appears to have moved his vote you're off the hook. He's perfectly liable to move it back a minute before the deadline. That's the kind of scummy fucker he is. It's just one more attempt at confusion and misdirection.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 21, 2012, 09:23:30 pm »

Shakerag: don't believe him, or think that because he appears to have moved his vote you're off the hook. He's perfectly liable to move it back a minute before the deadline. That's the kind of scummy fucker he is. It's just one more attempt at confusion and misdirection.
Look out, I'm gonna getcha. No. Also I wouldn't move it until about ten minutes after the deadline when Toaster's writing up the end-of-day flavor. But still no. We can have a nice civil discussion tomorrow.

I'm going to bed now.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:01 pm »

Uirst: Yea, probably. That shit hurt me head before I started drinking, now I can't even start to wrap my head around it.

In a perfect world, Jack would be the only scum. If there are two, I like to think he just decided on a 6-3-1 and let the 3rd fall where he may. I don't think Roguelikes can be perfectly balanced anywya, what with the potential for one side getting crap items and the other being loaded for bea.r

I didn't really look at 'em before and I'm in no state to now. I'll look tomorrow, if the extend goes through.

Man, I kinda hope it is. Then my name can live on as Hapah: The Man Who Snatched Defeat from the Jaws of Victory. I will be immortalized, and it's only my first game!

How considerate!

Man, I'm just gonna let it ride. This game is exhausting, and we are talking in circles.

PPE:

Book: The comment to Shakerag is legit, but ffffFFFFFFFFFFF QUIT TAKING POTSHOTS AT URIST.

Shakerag: Get your vote on!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 21, 2012, 10:02:34 pm »

Thread locked for day end.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35