Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 107726 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2012, 11:59:03 am »

Because I'm lonely, and want someone to play with.
Tempted to sign up on MotK just so I can use the suicide emoticon.
So, Darvi. How would you go about using a Scroll of Replacement?
Burn that shit because fuck no.

Darvi:  Same question as directed at Tiruin.
Same as Tiruin except I'd be the warrior and the two of them would be Paladins (No way I'd be a paladin myself).
Darvi: I would say a two-man scumteam and an SK, because of the likelihood of at least a few nights with two kills. In a game of ten, that's would put us at LYLO in two days, assuming only town is hit by the NKs (worst-case scenario).

Actually I meant in general, including games with more players. Three hostiles among ten players seems like overkill.

Shoulda probably mentioned that.

Tiruin: I'm more cautious around newbies.  They're hard to read, due to common tells being dropped through inexperience instead of malice.  They're high priority inspection targets, for me at least.  When doing classic scumhunting, I'll consider things that can easily be attributed to inexperience (weak arguments, for example) as much weaker evidence than I would with more experienced players.
What about more experienced players who are less likely to drop scumtells? Why wouldn't you rather inspect them instead of newbies who are prone to being lynched quickly anyway?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2012, 02:04:44 pm »

Dariush:
Dariush: If you were a scum Paladin, how would you use your inspect?
I probably won't, unless I have a strong suspicion there's a third party.
"Won't"?
Because on any given night there's always a better thing for scum to do then inspect people.

Dariush: Would you consider the Mage to be a good class choice? Why or why not?
No, because his class power looks kinda useless to me, especially considering not every usable item is a scroll, and even then 33% chance of non-consumption is shit.

Dariush: If you happened to get a Scroll of Mail, are there any situations in which you would use it?
Off the top of my head, I'd inform someone I got a town result on as town or fakeclaim doing the same as scum.

Dariush:  Would you be more or less likely to pick a random class if you were town?  Scum?  3rd party?
The chance doesn't depend on my aligment. I pick random whenever the stars are right.

Got a shitton of work piled up for Saturday. Activity will be shit (well, worse than usual) until then.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2012, 02:06:26 pm »

Wait what Dariush did you just admit to being scum?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2012, 02:11:06 pm »

Wait what Dariush did you just admit to being scum?

I don't think I see what you're seeing.  Elaborate?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2012, 02:24:13 pm »

Unvote

Dariush 'Won't' or 'Wouldn't?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2012, 02:29:06 pm »

Dariush: What Darvi and Mr. D said. Did you happen to forget that my question was hypothetical? Welcome to the Sanctuary of Stupid Scum Slips.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2012, 04:05:18 pm »

Native:  If you were assigned the Merchant class, but allowed to pick your team (town, scum, or 3rd party) which would you pick and why?

Most likely scum, I have the most fun playing scum.

What does being a merchant have to do with the question?

Darvi: Oh, well in that case, a three-man scum team. In larger games, the SK is usually trying to kill scum as well, so town usually ends up with either a two-man scum team or one SK, either of which are easier to manage than a three-man team.

Dariush:
Dariush:
Dariush: If you were a scum Paladin, how would you use your inspect?
I probably won't, unless I have a strong suspicion there's a third party.
"Won't"?
Because on any given night there's always a better thing for scum to do then inspect people.

You're speaking as though you ARE a scum Paladin.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2012, 01:19:29 am »

Tiruin: I'm more cautious around newbies.  They're hard to read, due to common tells being dropped through inexperience instead of malice.  They're high priority inspection targets, for me at least.  When doing classic scumhunting, I'll consider things that can easily be attributed to inexperience (weak arguments, for example) as much weaker evidence than I would with more experienced players.
What about more experienced players who are less likely to drop scumtells? Why wouldn't you rather inspect them instead of newbies who are prone to being lynched quickly anyway?
Darvi:*Experienced unreadables are high priority inspection targets too, for the same basic reason as inexperienced players: unreadability.
*Experienced players, as a general group, vary in readability.  I would much rather inspect an unreadable player than a more readable player, whether either is experienced or not.
*And experienced players are prone to getting killed quickly.  Your point?

...Y'know what?  My vote on Dariush is no longer an RVS vote.  Nice going, Dariush.  I await your explanation.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:13 am »

Hey guys, I have a revelation for you. English is my second language. For some reason I thought everyone here knew that. Well, I still think everyone does, but some choose to ignore that. Yes, I contracted 'would not' as 'won't'. Anyone who has a problem with that can go fuck himself.

...Y'know what?  My vote on Dariush is no longer an RVS vote.  Nice going, Dariush.  I await your explanation.
Oooh, nice. Explanation for what?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2012, 05:42:45 am »

I also have english as a second language :I

Wouldn't.

Won't = will not | Contraction.

Dariush: What suspicion is that, that tells you they are third party?

Shakerag: So you admit your error was due to mixing Mafia game knowledge with another? Why exactly Supernatural 5?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2012, 08:37:24 am »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Dariush:  Urist Imiknorris, Jack A T, Darvi, Mr. Dwarfinton
Darvi:  GlyphGryph, Flandre
Tiruin:  Dariush
NativeForeigner: Shakerag
GlyphGryph:
Shakerag: Tiruin
Urist Imiknorris:
Flandre: 
Mr. Dwarfinton:

Not Voting:  NativeForeigner

Day 1 will last until Friday, 4/20 at 11 PM EST, ~13.5 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2012, 09:01:19 am »

Jack A T -
Door Creation. More versatile,

unvote

Daily review and opinions when I get home tonight, and what will likely be a final vote.

Note: I prefer lurkers for day 1 lynches, so if you've put barely any words out there, or otherwise avoided engaging in our lovely dialogue? Put more. BEFORE I vote for you.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38:24 am »

Shakerag: So you admit your error was due to mixing Mafia game knowledge with another? Why exactly Supernatural 5?

...  becauuuuse that's the only other game I'm in right now?  I thought I had explained that?  I'm not quite sure where I was being obtuse here. 

Native:  If you were assigned the Merchant class, but allowed to pick your team (town, scum, or 3rd party) which would you pick and why?

Most likely scum, I have the most fun playing scum.

What does being a merchant have to do with the question?

Because it's the class I randomly picked for said question. 

Dariush:  You still have a question waiting for you from me.

Tiruin/Dariush:  Just out of personal, non-game related curiosity, what is your first language?

Flandre:  If you were scum, which two town players would you want to have with you in a 3-person LYLO?

MrD:  If you had an inspect ability, who would you use it on tonight?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2012, 09:41:45 am »

Tiruin/Dariush:  Just out of personal, non-game related curiosity, what is your first language?
Filipino - Tagalog, with snatches of Ilokano.  :P

From the Philippines. First language is the former.

Has no effect on my English, except for me truly caring about semantics and grammar. So I won't botch up English.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »

Unvote.

Flandre:  If you were scum, which two town players would you want to have with you in a 3-person LYLO?
I would want Mr. Dwarfington and Darvi as townies if I were in LYLO as scum. Mr. D. because he is new (so he is likely inexperienced, and we know nothing about how he plays), and Darvi because most of  his posts are short, and not that involved.

Well ... derp.  I was about to reply with something snarky about you not reading the setup, but then I realized it was the other game I'm in (Supernatural 5) that specified the size of the scumteam, not this one.  So, yeah, my reason is getting two games mixed up. 
Shakerag, the size of the scumteam in the other game was never specified (that I have seen). Was that sort of information publicly available? Otherwise, I am in the uncomfortable position of either knowing something I shouldn't, or believing that you are covering up a scum-slip here with false information.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35