Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 107694 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Same Shit, Different Day [Day 5]
« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2012, 09:37:24 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T:   Hapah, Bookthras, Urist Imiknorris
Bookthras:  Jack A T
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Hapah: 

Not Voting:  Shakerag

Day 5 will last until Monday, 5/21 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2012, 12:06:50 am »

I am a lyncher to Shakerag.
So, the obvious lie was an obvious lie after all, yes? But I don't buy your new lie either.

You have never made any effort to lynch Shakerag; even when I suspected him you used that as an argument against me, not against him. It doesn't pass the smell test. I think it's more likely that you are scum and finally realised you'd fail to bring about a mislynch on me, so resigned to bus your buddy on LYLO, which, by your own words, scum would hate to do. Alternatively, you are indeed the only scum left and decided to switch gears at the eleventh hour to jump onto a bandwagon to get the possible mislynch instead of your preferred one.

I don't buy it. You are still scum.

As I can no longer pursue my wincon, I'm only interested in taking the scumteam (who bear most of the responsibility for my inevitable loss) with me and hoping they'll take another crack at Shakerag tonight, preferably with more success., so that I might actually have a chance to win with town.
Sure. Nice of you to tell scum what to do: kill a townie so you can win. Very town-friendly of you. Surely killing townies is the way for you to "win with town".

In the meantime, Jack.
It still feels to me like a reluctant last minute resignation to a LYLO bus.

Shakerag, Jack AT: your contributions are needed. Please give us your thoughts on the last few days of action, and how you think the game should move forward and why.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2012, 12:28:21 am »

Fucking phone.

Working on a big post right now.  For now...

Urist Imiknorris: Please give your reasons for each of your night actions, considering the fact that you're now claiming lyncher against Shakerag.  Most centrally, why do so many nice things for me?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

Jack: Glad to see you are back and we can expect something from you soon.

In the mean time, I found this little snippet from earlier. Jack, Imiknorris, please address it, and let us know how you think it meshes with Imiknorris's claim of Lyncher:

I can confirm the use of a redirecting item on me.  I tried to inspect Dwarfinton last night, but was redirected (apparently by Darvi) to Urist Imiknorris.  By the way, I got a town result on Urist Imiknorris.  This does not clear Imiknorris (paladins, items...), but it should be considered in lynch decisions.

Note that Imiknorris now claims he's a Paladin, probably to give Jack an alibi for the above, but he had previously claimed Ranger.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2012, 01:55:59 am »

Stuff about Imiknorris:
In the mean time, I found this little snippet from earlier. Jack, Imiknorris, please address it, and let us know how you think it meshes with Imiknorris's claim of Lyncher:

I can confirm the use of a redirecting item on me.  I tried to inspect Dwarfinton last night, but was redirected (apparently by Darvi) to Urist Imiknorris.  By the way, I got a town result on Urist Imiknorris.  This does not clear Imiknorris (paladins, items...), but it should be considered in lynch decisions.

Note that Imiknorris now claims he's a Paladin, probably to give Jack an alibi for the above, but he had previously claimed Ranger.
I see little reason for a scum paladin, when inspected, to claim to be a paladin.  Of course, that lack of reason is why scum would claim to be a paladin anyway, if they wanted to, so this is WIFOMy, but it's still a good move for scum paladin to claim non-paladin when inspected.  That's how it would mesh in, if Imiknorris is telling the truth here.

I actually am leaning towards Imiknorris telling the truth about being a lyncher against Shakerag: while a poor one for the previous days, he's playing a good lyncher game today.  Why do I say that?  Simple: He's claimed, he's going to survive the night if the game goes on like it is, he's keeping scum alive, and he's given scum an incredibly easy lynch for tomorrow.  And he'd win through it.  The bit in his claim about wanting to kill the scumteam?  Obvious bullshit.  Also, lyncher is an odd fakeclaim for a third party to make, here, I think.

Whether or not he is a lyncher, those voting me largely because I am "a safe lynch" should reconsider their votes immediately.  It's confirmed LYLO now.

Complaints about people not answering questions:
*Bookthras: Answer the question at the end of my block on you in this post, please.
*Shakerag: This post.  Answer the questions.

On a completely different topic, Ottawa's a great-looking city.  Needs better food trucks, though.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2012, 09:29:55 am »

You have never made any effort to lynch Shakerag
Was D2 not a thing?

even when I suspected him you used that as an argument against me, not against him.
No shit Sherlock, he's confirmed non-scum so nobody in their right mind would lynch him when there's still scum left.

It doesn't pass the smell test. I think it's more likely that you are scum and finally realised you'd fail to bring about a mislynch on me, so resigned to bus your buddy on LYLO, which, by your own words, scum would hate to do. Alternatively, you are indeed the only scum left and decided to switch gears at the eleventh hour to jump onto a bandwagon to get the possible mislynch instead of your preferred one.
And so if I'm lying scum and it's 3p LyLo tomorrow, what happens? And if it's 4p MyLo, what can be done to make it 3p LyLo?

I don't buy it. You are still scum.
Meh. Wrong, but whatever.

As I can no longer pursue my wincon, I'm only interested in taking the scumteam (who bear most of the responsibility for my inevitable loss) with me and hoping they'll take another crack at Shakerag tonight, preferably with more success, so that I might actually have a chance to win with town.
Sure. Nice of you to tell scum what to do: kill a townie so you can win. Very town-friendly of you. Surely killing townies is the way for you to "win with town".
Fine. Your choice. Kill Shakerag so I become town and we go through all this again tomorrow, or kill Hapah so I break LyLo for you.

In the meantime, Jack.
It still feels to me like a reluctant last minute resignation to a LYLO bus.
Meh. Wrong, but whatever.

Yeah, I probably should have claimed Transmuter or something then, but whatever. I just wanted me as less of a suspect.

Jack:
Urist Imiknorris: Please give your reasons for each of your night actions, considering the fact that you're now claiming lyncher against Shakerag.  Most centrally, why do so many nice things for me?
Again, I figured I'd play lyncher by playing town and looking for an opportunity. All my previous reasoning still applies, with the exception of last night. I used my Greater Treasure scroll on you because it felt wrong to give stuff to the guy I want dead, I wasn't going to give it to the guy who helped confirm him non-scum, and I didn't think of the possibly of working with scum until yesterday (RL time).

And he'd win through it.
Yep~ You have no idea how happy I was when I realized that this is salvageable, although I probably should have waited until tonight to claim? Note to self: Too eager to win. Must tone that down.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:54 am »

EBWOP:

Jack:
Quote from: Jack
I actually am leaning towards Imiknorris telling the truth about being a lyncher against Shakerag
On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "absolute certainty - lies" and 10 being "absolute certainty - truth"?

Book, same question.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2012, 10:14:27 am »

Man, I decide to not check the thread before bed and it goes nuts.

I've got to mull this over for a couple of hours. What would the teams look like if Urist is telling the truth? 6-2-2?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2012, 10:22:12 am »

6-2-1-1.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2012, 10:24:05 am »

Yes, that's what I meant. I just lumped it as 6 town - 2 scum - 2 3rd party.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2012, 10:27:46 am »

Ooookaaaay.  I feel like I know what the fuck is going on here less and less each day.

Bookthras@350: Basically, no, I wouldn't have claimed to have had any of those things.  Part of thier effectiveness is not knowing the person has them.

UI@404: wat

Okay, read through weekend posts.  Brain still full of fuck.  Trying to distill.

Kudos to whoever is scum, because I haven't felt so goddamn lost in a game like this in a long while. 

Okay.  So.  I know I'm town, and I'm fairly reasonably certain Hapah is too.  If Hapah is scum, then I'm checking into a hotel with padded walls. 

I feel like any of Bookthras, Jack, and UI could be scum at this point. 

If there are two scum left, I would be inclined to think Jack likely wouldn't be scum, because that would mean that we started with six town, three scum, and a brother to scum, which just seems a bit unbalanced.

Bookthras certianly could be scum.  He did go on a bit about 3rd parties a bit much, which traditionally is something scum is pretty concerned about.

I was thinking the "buddying" between Jack and UI seemed to indicate scumbuddies, but I entertained the thought they could be masons as well.  However, if they were masons, I'm not sure if I see how one of them claiming lyncher would be beneficial. 

UI's claim of lyncher could be a scum fakeclaim to make him seem less of a threat.

I'm thinking if there are two scum left then it'd have to be UI and Book.  If there's only one scum left, then the "safe" lynch would be UI.  If he's fakeclaiming 3rd-party as scum, great.  If not, then we lose a 3rd-party and go to 3p LYLO. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2012, 11:29:16 am »

UI

Jack's reaction clears him and Book of being a team in my eyes. As such, it's not LyLo, so I can afford to get lynched. Just remember that I'm right about Book.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03:03 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T:   Hapah, Bookthras
Bookthras:  Jack A T
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris: Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris
Hapah: 

Not Voting: 

Day 5 will last until Monday, 5/21 at 11 PM EST, ~ 10 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 21, 2012, 12:06:17 pm »

Shakerag: Glad to have you back! And man, I'm with ya: I feel like I'm in over my head. And definite hats off to the scum. I also agree that any of the three could potentially be scum, but God help me it's hard to see all the possibilities.

And I'm now convinced that Book-Urist aren't a scumteam. If they are, their only reasonable lynch is Jack. Me and you look like golden boys, comparatively, so he's the only one they could realistically get. I even baited the hook with my recent post and got that vote going. If me, Book, and Urist all stayed on him he was done. If they were a team, why would Urist rock the boat like that and give Jack an out? He was looking like a dead man before that happened, and they don't have any incentive to let him off. And

Urist: The hell, man? You go from town ranger to claiming lyncher paladin (who can still win with scum help, and tries to court it, I guess?) to trying to kill yourself? I'm not going to try to figure that out right now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2012, 12:13:15 pm »

You'll figure it out when I flip.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35