Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 192937 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #765 on: February 19, 2014, 02:12:25 am »

No, he means Khal Drogo from A Song of Ice and Fire, who died of infection from an otherwise inconsequential wound.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 19, 2014, 02:27:18 am »

No, he means Khal Drogo from A Song of Ice and Fire, who died of infection from an otherwise inconsequential wound.
thinking more about this dangerous comparison, are you sure that witch-companion of Deebus means him good?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 19, 2014, 02:28:49 am »

She's not a witch, she's a thief. Which is a very respectable position in kobold society.

blazing glory

« Reply #768 on: February 19, 2014, 06:48:40 am »

She's not a witch, she's a thief. Which is a very respectable position in kobold society.

Deebus and thief are resting........ 5 months later,Deebus and thief kills some dumb monster,Deebus and thief are resting..... 5 months later and repeat

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 19, 2014, 11:44:25 am »

Yeah, that's part of why I don't frequently work on this anymore. A journey in adventure mode requires interesting presentation, since many of them involve a lot of "stop, kill, sleep," especially when there are no towns in the world. Still, I do keep working on this, and there are still some interesting things left for Deebus to do. But I realize the actual journeying of Deebus has gotten a bit old.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 20, 2014, 03:54:25 pm »

I kinda like it when you narrate the battles, so maybe keep doing that?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 20, 2014, 04:03:20 pm »

I, too have enjoyed the narrated combat. Surely there's some quest, whether NPC's will give them or not, worthy of Deebus?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 20, 2014, 05:12:24 pm »

Right now he's looking for a Hydra to help an old thief get revenge for her child and husband. And he's only killed 2 or 3 non-titan megabeasts so far.

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 22, 2014, 10:47:15 pm »

So the Bronze Collosus, did you really kill it in one go? I know you haven't savescummed so far but a Bronze Collosus is a bit much even for this kobold! Also I just spent all evening reading all 52 pages of this while listening to the Dragons Dogma ost, best evening ever.

Deebus is amazing, he has basically liberated the kobold race from the oppression of the bigger creatures, emboldened the meek and brought low their sworn enemies, all with the strength of the weakest of creatures! Very much a fan of this story.
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 22, 2014, 11:24:18 pm »

TBH, bronze collossi aren't as tough as demons in single combat. They don't have as much natural skill, so it's easier to dodge them. The main problem is that, even for an experienced adventurer, if you don't have something that can seriously hurt them, then the fight might go on long enough for them to get a hit in.

blazing glory

« Reply #775 on: February 23, 2014, 12:56:28 am »

TBH, bronze collossi aren't as tough as demons in single combat. They don't have as much natural skill, so it's easier to dodge them. The main problem is that, even for an experienced adventurer, if you don't have something that can seriously hurt them, then the fight might go on long enough for them to get a hit in.

They hit like trucks,they are also as easy to dodge as trucks if you see the truck coming

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 23, 2014, 02:24:56 am »

If you have a bladed weapon, they're easy to kill.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 24, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »

If you have a bladed weapon, they're easy to kill.
your talking about demons, right?
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 24, 2014, 09:46:32 pm »

If you have a bladed weapon composed of a material capable of cutting bronze reliably, they're easy to kill. Except maybe a spear or dagger, I guess.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GrimX

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hukuna matata... I'ma fuck you up
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:34 pm »

Ptw also based on your world how many mega beast are there for deebus to kill? It would be cool for him to single handed change the age based on beast kills.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54