Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 193002 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #555 on: February 02, 2013, 11:41:46 pm »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 02, 2013, 11:58:08 pm »

Oh the joys! Makes one wish to be able to embark and deck deebus in the halls of candy spears and shields!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

thehman03

• Bay Watcher
  • Some cats just wanna watch the world lag.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 03, 2013, 01:24:09 am »

Also, unsure whether to continue the count of days of start it over for each chapter.
i suggest that once the day count reaches that of 31, give us a month number followed by a day number, if you get that far ;)

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 04, 2013, 12:58:02 pm »

Guess i shouldn't kill Kobolds on my Bronze Colossus then...
Unless, of course, I want Deebus to kill me.
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 04, 2013, 01:26:32 pm »

Also sorry to break it to you guys, but it's quite unlikely to meet anything of interest in the caverns, because a bug wipes the underground population in Adventurer Mode.
And since Deebus' story is so long, the remaining population is quite likely to be but a fading shadow from a dying candlelight of what was supposed to be.

Though I'll be quite amazed at Hugo's patience if he does stumble upon The Lightsaber Citadel.
I certainly couldn't be bothered after wandering around for an hour with the assistance of DFHack "Reveal" without finding anything.

Otherwise the story has been top-notch though, I've long since been following it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:28:09 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 04, 2013, 06:34:28 pm »

Hugo; if you're near the coast, I suggest moving seaward. regions of cavern under the ocean might not be considered as part of those under the land which would have been depredated by your adventuring, so you may have the chance to hack some wild trogs up.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 04, 2013, 07:06:54 pm »

Bloax, did you do this wandering around in Deebus's world? But just a note, dfhack doesn't reveal HFS, adamantine spires, or slade fortresses in adventure mode.

And did you mean adventure mode wipes the population as you kill roving mobs anywhere, or that once you start adventure mode, all animals are wiped from the caverns across the world?

In my experience, the chief danger of the caverns in adventure mode is in fact starvation, though sometimes the game seems to generate a bunch of cave creatures right in the middle of all the kobolds at the bottom of their cave. Like the dead, named GCS I kept passing by in every visit home.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:09:40 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:38 pm »

The chief danger in caverns is dodging off a cliff and landing on top of a tree. It's happened to me multiple times and it is by far the worst way to die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 04, 2013, 07:44:45 pm »

The chief danger in caverns is dodging off a cliff and landing on top of a tree. It's happened to me multiple times and it is by far the worst way to die.
If you ever encounter anything to fight...

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 04, 2013, 08:22:38 pm »

Well, most of the times I've been in the caverns in adventurer mode have been when I entered through a kobold cave. In other words, hundreds upon hundreds of the little bastards swarming me on steep cliffs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 04, 2013, 08:26:51 pm »

The last spiral ramp leading out the bottom of the kobold cave and to the floor of the Caverns? I can see that being very tough to get down safely, if the kobolds are hostile.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 04, 2013, 10:15:59 pm »

I recall that if you're caught in a tree, lighting it on fire is a relatively safe way to get out of it. It worked for me the one time I was in the caves.

I've also had experiences running into hordes of crundles, a rutherer, and a blind cave ogre that crippled my leg. So I doubt that adventure mode is inherently bugged and that it wipes cavern populations.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 05, 2013, 01:58:20 am »

last time I tried to retrieve the sword in adventure mode, cavern layer 2 was completely devoid of animal life, but on the third I met some molemarians. It's completely possible and requires nothing but much time to get the sword. I guess you could even have a two-hander, a long sword and a short sword/scimitar for the off hand if you're that patient.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #568 on: February 05, 2013, 02:16:36 am »

Well, most of the times I've been in the caverns in adventurer mode have been when I entered through a kobold cave. In other words, hundreds upon hundreds of the little bastards swarming me on steep cliffs.
It's glorious slaughter for a legendary swordsman. They barely land a hit, and you can slaughter them with headshot after headshot. Until you get overexerted. Then they start frantically stabbing your face.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 05, 2013, 03:06:50 am »

It's glorious slaughter for a legendary swordsman. They barely land a hit, and you can slaughter them with headshot after headshot. Until you get overexerted. Then they start frantically stabbing your face.
I imagine death comes while you clamber down the spiral ramp into the caverns and you automatically dodge to the side...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54