Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 193004 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #540 on: January 27, 2013, 09:12:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On his way back to Scornhollow, Deebus drew the attention of three alligators while crossing a river. He led them away for a bit before creeping back up on them, stabbing 2 and shooting 1.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the afternoon, he reached the cave once more. He approached the kobolds outside, telling them that he had killed two great beasts that morning and asking once more for the names of their enemies. They were excited by the news, but still remained silent. At last, he questioned the thief woman again, and she told him, reluctantly, that a few trolls made their den in the Corrupt Cavern, a small hole almost underneath the tribe on the hillside.

And so he set off, finding that, sure enough, there was a burrow, containing trolls. He dealt with all of them and collected their treasure, including 3 richly decorated loincloths and a silver flask, to return to Scornhollow.
Spoiler: Trolls ain't so tough (click to show/hide)
They rejoiced at this news and the return of their treasure, thanking Deebus greatly, but still these kobolds refused to speak about their enemies. Tlukankus, the thief, would say no more either, except that the one they feared would doubtlessly still kill him.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:17:03 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 29, 2013, 04:19:56 am »

Still ABSOLUTE WIN.  This is the greatest kobold I've ever seen. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #542 on: January 30, 2013, 03:36:13 am »

WHAT NO. How could he lose his polar bear cloak!? It was made of the finest pelt!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 30, 2013, 03:49:59 am »

A small price for his life, if he had lost it. But this time, it was extinguished by snow or blood or some liquid when I threw it, and I retrieved it afterwards.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 30, 2013, 06:21:55 pm »

Clearly the proper reaction is to make a cloak of the hide of some greater beast.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 30, 2013, 08:23:26 pm »

Clearly the proper reaction is to make a cloak of the hide of some greater beast.
Haven't found anything both great and hairy, though he does have a Voracious Cave Crawler skin one. In any case, it wasn't lost.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #546 on: January 31, 2013, 01:31:04 am »

Haven't found anything both great and hairy, though he does have a Voracious Cave Crawler skin one. In any case, it wasn't lost.
That's cool, then. I was just a bit worried.
And a Dragon Scale cloak would be better. Or Giant Sperm Whale skin...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 01, 2013, 10:39:17 pm »

Deebus departed from Scornhollow, confused but still in possession of a few whispered locations. Just after sunset he reached another grove of pillars. He sniffed the air. Salt.

Within dwelt Strorre, spirit of the swamp. A slimy, scaly winged creature, like a great blue slug, its bloated body was tipped with an evil, poisonous thorn. It seemed inactive at the moment, so Deebus crept around, taking his time to look for the perfect striking angle.

Strorre began squirming, but Deebus started stabbing its body. The spear didn't go in very deep, though, and Deebus could not find any vital organs. Still, within a few strikes, he managed to plant his spear squarely and drove it in deep, finding the heart by chance. Strorre burst into life at this pain, flopping over the edge of the salt block and taking the spear with it.

Deebus slid down the ramp, reaching into his pack for something sharp. He found the iron sword and renewed his stabbing, inflicting long tears in the slimy wings as he leapt. After much chopping, he finally removed a sizable enough chunk of flesh to plunge his hand into the wound and get a good grip on his spear again. Pushing with his feet, he yanked his weapon from the slug's body and tumbled away. He had done all the damage he needed to.

Soon, all the foul-smelling ichor had drained from the beast and it died. Deebus wiped his spear in the nearby grass. A long, active day. Time to sleep.

Day 16
12th Galena, 200

It was time to return to Shididiginkus. Hopefully the elders would have guidance.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:18:33 am by HugoLuman »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 02, 2013, 09:25:59 pm »

You were a fool, they told him. You should have come to us sooner. It was his hand, they said, he had ignored it for too long. He did not realize that it had ceased to be a mere fleshwound, that left untreated the infection would probably destroy him. In the future he must remember to dress his wounds, to clean them.

That was not what he had wanted guidance in, though. He asked the elders why the Tufubukulin would not help him, why they would not help themselves. Why they would not name their enemies. Grakakakalis told him that even more than all other kobolds, they feared. Their enemy was different, for this enemy lived almost next to them. They would not risk its wrath. Just around the mountain from them stood Murime, the Bronze King.

Deebus supposed that made sense. The shrine full of the bones of kobolds was within a few hours walk of Scornhollowed, though with their secrecy he could not tell just who they feared. A den of trolls had been practically on their doorstep, after all.

Grakakakalis told Deebus how, generations ago, Murime had enslaved the Tufubukulin, forced them to pay him tribute and build him a mighty shrine. He was one of the great beasts of the world, though when not venturing out to torment the People he stood completely still amidst his litter of bones.

Deebus admitted that he had no idea how to defeat such a foe, though he knew he would eventually try. Grakakakalis agreed that if anyone could slay Murime, it was he. But if Justice did rest with Deebus, then he should not dwell on such a task at the moment. He would need rest, and he would need his fingers healed.

And so Deebus rested in his home for thirteen days as the Elders treated his infections, which had indeed been growing severe. At last, though, he was healed. It was time to return to his journey. But he would not try to kill Murime, at least not yet. No, it was time for another approach. Deebus made his way down to the hoard at the very bottom of the cave, his purpose clear. Looking back at all the eyes glowing from the shadows behind him, Deebus bade farewell and set off into the great unknown darkness in front of him.

Thus, in 200, Deebus made a journey to the depths of the world.

~ CHAPTER 3 ~

25th Galena, 200

He quickly found the corpse of the cave crocodile he had slain a few weeks ago, miraculously unrotten, and hacked it up for food. He did not know, when, if at all, he might find something else to eat down here.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:19:16 am by HugoLuman »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 02, 2013, 09:30:36 pm »

And thus began the kobold's quest for a lightsaber.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 02, 2013, 10:20:27 pm »

Deebus wandered through a strange world, filled with the smell of mud and fungus. All was in darkness, and he could not tell whether it was day or night, though no evil spirit spirits appeared. Then again, spirits came from the sky, which was why they could not get you if you were inside. No sky here. He could not see far into the immense dark spaces, so he felt his way along the walls, stepping around enormous, sticky webs strewn on the floor. Though he saw no spider equal to them, they still made him wary.

He had wandered for many hours when he spotted the tunnel of dark, mudless stone. Entering, he found it went downwards, and followed. It led out into water, whether a pond or a lake he could not tell. A shore was not far, though, and he clambered up onto another mat of grey-blue and bright yellow in mud.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:19:38 am by HugoLuman »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 02, 2013, 10:40:50 pm »

Nice.  I've never been in a DF cave before, this should be interesting. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 02, 2013, 10:53:53 pm »

I'll spare you the endless pages of wandering around and only post for interesting things. Anyone know a way to increase my chance of finding animals or animal people?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 02, 2013, 11:25:31 pm »

Also, unsure whether to continue the count of days of start it over for each chapter.

27 Galena, 200

Shortly after a rest on the edge of another one of the endless pools, and finishing off the last of his cave-dragon meat, Deebus found yet another downward passage. He hoped that the caves down there would not be as wet. The bottom led out onto another carpet of the spongy, colorful mud. He wandered for hours more, not seeing another pool.

Deebus paused, seeing a great glittering in the darkness ahead. He was cautious and approached it slowly, but approach it he did, for his curiosity could not be stifled. Upon getting closer, Deebus saw the most beautiful stone he had ever seen.

Threaded throughout the grey was a vivid blue, gleaming like starlight even in the dark. Perhaps a sign from the ancestors, who lived amongst the stars? Perhaps the bottom of the world led back to the sky, and he was near? That seemed to make sense. The sky, lined with this wonderful blue. Then perhaps, he needed only to go deeper still, and he could listen to their guidance directly. Whatever the case, he somewhat regretfully left the mysterious stone column. The bottom of the world, he must be close.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:20:37 am by HugoLuman »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 02, 2013, 11:32:56 pm »

Is that adamantine?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54