Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 193091 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2012, 09:18:46 pm »

But this is Deebus we're talking about! :P

He'll find a way, just you wait.  ;D
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2012, 10:15:15 pm »

Not by Tim Denee, no, but I guess it kind of looks like it. The style is just very quick to use while still looking good, and I'm using it since I only have so long each day to work on the story. I'm kind of flattered to have it mistaken for his work, though :D

When I face Murime, I plan on getting something dense to chuck at him. If those kobold skeletons are still there they would probably make great projectiles. Depending on the material, rocks from the landscape could be effective to.

Sadly, it turns out that adventurers will never name their weapon. Should dfHack provide a utility for doing so, though, I will use it immediately after the next kill.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2012, 10:17:37 pm »

I say you collect every chieftain from the caves, and just duel the statue. No sneaking, no wussy tactics. Flat out kobold rage with the great leaders helping.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2012, 10:22:12 pm »

I say you collect every chieftain from the caves, and just duel the statue. No sneaking, no wussy tactics. Flat out kobold rage with the great leaders helping.
Also known as suicide. Kobold rage is a knife to the neck. The epic thing to do would be to reveal myself to bait him, then fall back into the shadows and repeat somewhere else. All while throwing things at him. But one blow connecting would either squash any kobold flat, or send them flying so far that the impact would do the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »

What about throwing animal meat at him?

At least be glad you aren't fighting an adamantine colossus with edged fists and feet.

My enemies aren't . :P
My tumblr.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2012, 10:27:35 pm »

Also known as suicide. Kobold rage is a knife to the neck. The epic thing to do would be to reveal myself to bait him, then fall back into the shadows and repeat somewhere else. All while throwing things at him. But one blow connecting would either squash any kobold flat, or send them flying so far that the impact would do the same.

...But suicide is fun.

Meh. >.>
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2012, 11:34:20 pm »

I think Deebus has Legendary Ambusher, not Legendary I'm-A-Straight-Up-BAMF. He is incredibly badass, but still only three feet tall. And Murime is kind of 30-50 feet tall... So, at BEST, Deebus is one tenth the size of Murime. That is one bitching disadvantage.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2012, 11:42:03 pm »

You CAN throw horse meat at the colossus. YOU KNOW TOU WANT TO.
My tumblr.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2012, 11:44:19 pm »

He's like the kobold version of Batman, not Superman kobold. He is trained nearly to the apex of what is possible with the kobold body (superkobold agility, strength, toughness), and can use fear and pain to fight his enemies, not to mention blending into the shadows. But he's only as strong as a kobold can be. He is badass because he uses his small size and agility to his advantage, staying hidden and striking from the unknown.

How about I gather the skulls of (soon to be formerly) living megabeasts, then throw those?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2012, 12:05:30 am »

YESSSS.

The spinning -Minotaur head- strikes Murime in the chest, denting it!
The spinning +Hydra head+ strikes Murime in the right arm, and the severed part flies off in an arc!
The spinning -Roc head- strikes Murime in the head, denting it!

Go ahead, fuck with Kobold Batman. He will throw megabeast heads at you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2012, 12:59:37 am »

*raises hand*

I don't believe there was a Kobold who dressed in beast remains and hunted the enemies of kobolds as an avatar of stealth and pain. You sure you've been seeing the herb-elders?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2012, 11:33:19 am »

There is such kobold. IF YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE HE EXISTS, I WILL KILL YOU SO DEAD YOU WILL DIE TO DEATH. Thank you, have a nice day.
My tumblr.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2012, 03:22:58 pm »

Deebus prefers that things don't believe he exists. That means that they don't know he's there in the shadows, watching their every move...

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2012, 09:37:45 pm »

It was dark in the cave when Murime arrived. That did not say much, though; it was always dark in the cave.

Inside the cave was a gathering unlike any seen before, a host of beasts that would make any Kobold wail and scream. The cave was full of monsters; Troglodytes and trolls and dragons and bears and horses. When the mighty bronze statue arrived, however, all turned and bowed their heads in respect.

"What is it, Murime?" Said the dragon named Akusk, looking impatient. "Why have you called us here?"

A troll snorted with derision. "You know why. We are here to discuss The Terror of the Amber Eyes." The very words sent murmurs and shivers of fear through the gathered crowd. They all knew about the one the troll spoke of; The Terror, a ferocious beast that stalked their kind from the shadows - invisible, unknowable, a horrid monster that spat piercing spikes and slaughtered its foes with a claw made of the earth itself. The troglodytes, in particular, bellowed in fury - they had lost a great many kin to the beast.

"You are correct, Jarthi," The Bronze Colossus bellowed, the metallic words echoing through the cave. "Never before has there been a greater threat to us. Yesterday, even wise Lord Wory fell before the monster." The news rippled throughout the cavern, bringing new murmurs and cries of fear and mourning. Wory had been among the mightiest of dragons - if he could not best the Terror, surely none of them could.

"Truly, this is a great loss." Intoned Akusk mournfully. Wory had been like a father to him. "This defiance cannot go unpunished. For too long, we have waited, as this monster hunts us. No longer!" Akusk was roaring now, working himself into a frenzy. "I propose we hunt down this , as it has to our kin, and make it suffer as it has to u-"

The dragon was interrupted when a barb flew from the shadows and impaled him in the throat, sinking deep. Immediately he fell to the ground and began to  drown in his own blood.

The others roared in shock and began to search the shadows for the assailant, to no avail. More barbs weaved their way from the shadows, another falling with every shot. Sometimes, with their last breath, they could make out a small figure dancing through the shadows, amber eyes burning through the dark. The cavern had become a place of fear and death - everywhere those assembled turned, they were confronted by the bodies of their comrades and the dark, the all encompassing, nightmarish dark, once their greatest ally, now become the vehicle of their destruction.

Briefly the cavern was loud, filled with the whistling of barbs, the spurting of blood and the screams of the dying. At last, all was quiet. Only Murmime was left - once the King of the beasts, now ruler of an empty kingdom. His body was savaged and dented. He pulled himself to his feet.

"Where are you, Terror?" He cried. "Face me as a warrior!"

From the shadows stepped a small figure, clad in bones, carrying a long, pointed stick that shined like the stars. Murmime could not believe his eyes - this avatar of death was simply a kobold, of the kind he hunted and enslaved. Words failed him. He simply glared at the kobold, and the amber eyes glared back. The small figure hefted his spear.

"For my people."

My humble offering to this piece of greatness made flesh. Keep writing, good sir!
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2012, 09:43:15 pm »

I love this community.  :D

Why has noone considered throwing meat at him, though. ITS A GOOD IDEA.
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54