Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 193088 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2012, 09:09:59 pm »

Since you been gone I have been trying to squash Deebus.

I have died 42 times now. :/
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2012, 11:32:50 pm »

Maybe you should phone up that Bronze Colossus.  Its easier to squash things when you are five hundred times their size. And besides, if he dies, you can sell the statue for !!Profit!!.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2012, 11:51:55 pm »

Wait, does that mean you loaded the game, retired Deebus, and attempted to kill him with other adventurers? If you want to do it really directly, I think that the mods (which otherwise affect the game in no way whatsoever) enable outsider play on many species. Don't rightly remember which ones, though.

PS: !!SCIENCE!! Suggests that what's needed to kill Bronze King Murime are in his own shrine....
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2012, 05:56:04 pm »

You think Deebus could do it?  I have faith in him, but faith kinda pales in the face of two tons of angry metal.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2012, 09:52:49 pm »

This story would be badass for a human, I never thought a kobold could do this much damage.
Do you think we can weaponize them?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2012, 10:07:21 pm »

Kobolds?  It seems Hugo Luman already has...
He's fucking with us.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2012, 03:39:49 pm »

But in fortress mode.  I'm thinking more along the lines of a kobold-a-pult.  I don't remember If they attack gobbos though.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2012, 07:57:25 pm »

If you arm and train them, they might just surprise you. But most kobolds lack courage, fleeing rather quickly if a few are killed or they take injuries. You'll have to find a way to steel their naturally skittish minds.

Corai, since you seem to be on a drawing spree lately, what do you think Deebus would look like, decked out in all his gear?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:39 pm »

If you arm and train them, they might just surprise you. But most kobolds lack courage, fleeing rather quickly if a few are killed or they take injuries. You'll have to find a way to steel their naturally skittish minds.

Corai, since you seem to be on a drawing spree lately, what do you think Deebus would look like, decked out in all his gear?

Finally, someone noticed! Maybe.......
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2012, 04:45:55 pm »

Epic! Can't wait for more! Although surely you savescummed a couple times...

A cave dragon? Killed by a kobold? With a silver spear? Has to be one of the shittiest, ineffective weapons in the game.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2012, 08:52:13 pm »

Not savescummed yet, surprisingly. Was considering it when I saw that infected finger the first time, but I think I'll just go on. With legendary sneaking, though, Deebus is fairly hard to kill. I just got lucky enough to survive long enough to attain it.

If Deebus should die in an incredibly cheap way, though, I may consider savescumming. Opinions?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2012, 03:01:06 am »

If it's ridiculous enough, like a river freezing over while you cross it, a gopher or some other near-vermin bites you in the groin/whatever and you pass out instantly and it eats you (happened to me) or spontaneous kobold combustion (also happened to me...), then there's nothing wrong with savescumming.

If you get your skull punched in by a troglodyte, then that trog deserves a medal, and you've at least had a warrior's death. Even if it was the first round of combat after sneaking up to it.

Deebus' legendary ambushing skill has probably increased his agility attribute by several orders of magnitude, as would dodging skill increase (which proved a very rapid way to level agility for a minotaur in the arena.) Deebus is going to be very difficult to kill just because he's fast and hard to see, thus gets a lot of hits in before being spotted. If he has good dodging skill and some experience with a shield, that's yet another defense.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2012, 11:22:36 am »

If it's ridiculous enough, like a river freezing over while you cross it, a gopher or some other near-vermin bites you in the groin/whatever and you pass out instantly and it eats you (happened to me) or spontaneous kobold combustion (also happened to me...), then there's nothing wrong with savescumming.

If you get your skull punched in by a troglodyte, then that trog deserves a medal, and you've at least had a warrior's death. Even if it was the first round of combat after sneaking up to it.

Deebus' legendary ambushing skill has probably increased his agility attribute by several orders of magnitude, as would dodging skill increase (which proved a very rapid way to level agility for a minotaur in the arena.) Deebus is going to be very difficult to kill just because he's fast and hard to see, thus gets a lot of hits in before being spotted. If he has good dodging skill and some experience with a shield, that's yet another defense.

I have downloaded deebus and I ask you to please please be very cautious with him. Although his story is epic and awesome, he's little more than your average kobold in all but cunning and courage. As weapons go, I'd advise raining victims from afar with his bow and then ripping their throats with bare teeth when they pass out.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2012, 02:42:37 pm »

Yeah, if it's a BS death, you should savescum, I mean, it would be obligatory if something happened like a quick-freeze river.  Of course, keep in mind kobolds should be handled with care.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2012, 04:26:31 pm »

Death through combat however, a worthy end
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54