Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 193018 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #480 on: December 08, 2012, 07:10:18 pm »

a reader would know that the context is in Dwarf Fortress.
I do apologize for my lack of clarity.
Oh, you didn't do anything.  Really, the only way to know what color Kobolds are is to examine them in-game or look it up in the raws.  But it's not even aesthetic.  DF allows everyone to come up with their own ideas of how things look.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 08, 2012, 07:20:59 pm »

a reader would know that the context is in Dwarf Fortress.
I do apologize for my lack of clarity.
Oh, you didn't do anything.  Really, the only way to know what color Kobolds are is to examine them in-game or look it up in the raws.  But it's not even aesthetic.  DF allows everyone to come up with their own ideas of how things look.

Yeah, I like it how it's actually like a fantasy book on which you have influence!
Updated version(this is how I imagine my kobold):

(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 08, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 08, 2012, 07:32:57 pm »

I would have expected a hole where the intestines used to be.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 08, 2012, 07:33:13 pm »

Dunno 'bout that, Crabs.  I feel like he should be bloodier, and have a loincloth in his free hand.

Ninja'd?

Yeah, like Will's.  But with a loincloth.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 08, 2012, 07:57:09 pm »

In this, I'm going on the description ingame. BTW, update coming soon, after I finish with my turn in Starting at the Dawn of Time.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 16, 2012, 07:04:09 pm »

any dai nao Hugo.

EDIT:
I realised that you have more important things to do than this story,
Do it at your own pace, im just impatient.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:09:19 pm by Gavakis »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #487 on: December 20, 2012, 08:15:46 pm »

Just finished reading the past 6 pages (50 PPP).

I got two words to say in response.

Deebus Schist.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 21, 2012, 03:52:35 am »

Mod for healing tissue rates to fix infections was mentioned.

Interestingly, not only will it prevent further infection, but if you fast travel, even one tile, it should heal present infections.

Go to raws, tissue_template_default.txt, find the [TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL_TEMPLATE] entry and add [HEALING_RATE:500] to it. Problem, le solved.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 26, 2012, 03:30:57 am »

Alright, gonna try and post tomorrow. Yay!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 26, 2012, 03:33:36 am »

Overjoyed!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 26, 2012, 03:34:05 am »

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 02, 2013, 05:47:46 pm »

Well, this took a bit longer than it ought to, but I finally got around to it! We're on Day 14 if you forgot.

Early in the morning, Deebus reached the cave of Scornhollow, where the Tufubukulin lived. As he approached the mound, all the kobolds outside stopped and came over to him. He greeted them and came into their cave, but declined their food: there was business to attend to. He asked for the names of all that had grieved them, and if they knew where other beasts might lie. For some reason they seemed reluctant to tell him the names of those that had grieved them, but one hunter told him where some nearby monsters might be. Deebus thanked her, and promised the tribe he would return shortly.

A short walk to the northwest were two very strange creatures, perhaps great evil spirits come down from the Mountains, living as their kind seemed to in groves of stone pillars. Deebus crept onto the smooth stones, looking for the first. Like a great burning cloud it was, compressed into a shape with four legs, and had scalded many to death. Deebus wondered how such a thing could be killed. Perhaps he could fan it hard enough and disperse it, or maybe there was a heart of some kind to pierce within the cloud?

He would have to try. Carefully, he crept upon the thing, which perhaps had no steamy eyes to see him, and when he was directly beneath it, he struck.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Instantly, the beast exploded into a boiling cloud with an ear-splitting shriek. Deebus thought it was upon him and covered himself from the scalding vapor with his cloaks, but after a few moments, he heard water pattering down around him. All that was left of the thing was a great puddle.

Deebus reached the other stone-grove while the sun just barely passed it's midpoint. Snasnu, the other spirit, was also a cloud, but in a more discernible shape, a giant skunk with wings. They had warned him that it also spun webs to trap its victims.
Unfortunately, he hadn't had time to get into cover when he came within sight of Strasnu, and it saw him and charged. Sticky ropes came flying from the cloud, but Deebus was to quick, dashing to the side. The spirit threw its snares again and again, until finally it caught Deebus running sideways. With no room to run circle-wise, Deebus ducked behind a pillar to avoid the webs and rolled out of sight. Coming up behind it, he swiped his spear through one of its legs and the whole limb exploded and boiled away.

He danced around the Strasnu, avoiding its swipes and swiping through it again and again, until at last it was left legless and wingless, nearly as shapeless as its cousin. With a final sweep, he parted the head. When the cloud cleared, there was only a puddle of water. A puddle of water, and a strange chunk, at the same time solid yet mist. The only surviving piece of the creature's flesh. Tufubukulin would appreciate the unique treasure.
Spoiler: aftermath (click to show/hide)
Deebus didn't know how many of these greater evil spirits there might be in the world, but if they were made of steam, he sure knew how to fight them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:09:36 am by HugoLuman »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 02, 2013, 06:36:42 pm »

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 02, 2013, 06:49:18 pm »

Later that day, after investigating nearby lairs of previous targets, Deebus came into a hole in the ground where three trolls, Cerethe, Onust, and Thalek dwelt. He readied his spear.

There were more monsters nearby, but the sun was nearing the horizon and he had promised to return soon. As it began to set he reached Scornhollow again. After presenting the steam-flesh and reporting his kills, Deebus asked them once more for their enemies' names. They still seemed nervous, though, and remained silent.

Deebus was disappointed. Why would these people not let him help them? As he was about to follow the others filing into the mound for the night, he noticed a woman hanging back. From her silver dagger, he could see she was an honored thief. He asked her why they feared.

She told him that it was there was one whose name they dared not speak. She had said too much already.

He asked her why this was, and where this unspeakable one might be.

She told him that she once had a daughter named Strufugustayber, who had been eaten by the troll Arorron. If he wanted to help, he could avenge the long-dead child. But there was one even he could not kill, and if he tried...

She did not finish. She told him that he gave them hope, and that they couldn't see it crushed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:10:24 am by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54