Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 193050 times)

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #405 on: October 26, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »

I'm worried.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 26, 2012, 06:09:32 pm »

you should be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 26, 2012, 07:17:12 pm »

Sorry, I'm distracted by City of Heroes, as I only have a certain time to play that game until it dies forever. Might squeeze in an update, but don't get your hopes up until November 30th, when the distraction shall end.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 26, 2012, 07:36:15 pm »

Sorry, I'm distracted by City of Heroes, as I only have a certain time to play that game until it dies forever. Might squeeze in an update, but don't get your hopes up until November 30th, when the distraction shall end.

I'd get angry because I really want to know how Deebus' story ends, but I know how brutally addicting City of Heroes can be. I eventually forced myself to delete the game from my computer due to it's distracting me!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »

Heh, I don't think we're at the end. That's only if he dies. There is much more to do, namely kill all remaining megabeasts and journey down into the caverns, not necessarily in that order.

Oddly enough, never found City of Heroes that addicting before, but since it's shutting down, I feel like I ought to play it, last chance ever and all that.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 26, 2012, 11:16:06 pm »

Hrm, maybe that's my quirk then.

I usually play a game or frequent a site until I get burnt out from it, then move on. I essentially stick round for about a month to a year, then make a fly off the face of the earth, returning only to stalk earily in the shadows.

Regardless, do as you must!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:30 am »

Fun fact: in Latin, debus means, contact with one another.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 28, 2012, 11:53:55 am »

But what does "Deebus" mean?

Anyway, I guess you could say that Debusing is a contact sport. With arrows. And spears.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:00:29 pm by HugoLuman »

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 28, 2012, 03:43:04 pm »

Hardly. When was the last time the thing he was killing actually contacted HIM?
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 04, 2012, 01:06:51 pm »

♫ Update, wooo oooooo! ♫

Anyway, good music for down and dangerous nighttime guerrilla combat

They had come again.
Whether they did not know of what he had done to their brethren in the north, or had mastered their fear and sought revenge, he did not know.

He had lit his watchfires in the woods to protect him as he slept, as he had always done, and soon after a pack of wolves had appeared. He sent them yipping away with a few arrows, leaving one dead, before he settled down to sleep.

Deebus did not sleep for long, however. A horrid laughter of many unworldly voices split the night, bringing Deebus to his feet in an instant. From the glow of his fires he saw a gallery of unnatural faces staring at him, those that had mouths peeled back in hideous grins. Many were eyeless, twitching long, horrible feelers around the edge of the circle. Deebus knew that they could not reach him as long as the fire burned, but he could not sleep while they waited to devour him. If they had forgotten their lesson from last time, then it was time they learned to fear kobold kind again.

As he readied an arrow to smite one of the evil spirits, though, he saw something thrashing in the darkness behind. No, not thrashing: flapping. A nearly skeletal creature with cavernous eyes leaped into the air and into the circle, stretching out its impossibly taut wings. Deebus thrust forth his spear, meeting only air as the spirit bobbed back. He thrust again, but it ducked and lunged for his leg, grabbing it in its mouth. Deebus could feel the pressure of the bite, though his bear-pelt stopped the spirit's teeth and he drove it back before it could begin worrying him about.

This spirit proved slippery, easily dodging two more of his strikes before tackling him to the ground. They repelled and stood up, Deebus barely blocking the next strike as the spirit recovered first. It began to strike faster and faster, kicking and punching him about the limbs. His padding was saving him from all but bruises, but it was getting through his defense. Suddenly, he felt a flash of pain in the finger, the end of it smashed open. Before the spirit could hurt him worse, he lunged at it, managing to nail its foot to the ground.

The injury wasn't through a very crippling part of the foot, though, as it responded with a kick to the head. Deebus felt his horse-skull smash against his ear, a warm pain radiating through the side of his face. All about him, the wicked spirits jeered and howled into the fire, lusting for his imminent painful death.

No. As the spirit seized his foot, preparing to twist his leg to breaking, Deebus used his other foot to bring himself upright and his spear into its chest in one swift motion. Bringing his other hand up, he brought his shield crashing into that horrible face and sent the creature reeling back. Deebus bashed it again, sending it tumbling backwards into the fire. He laid into it mercilessly, beating and stabbing it as it thrashed about and lashed at him in futility. With one spear-strike he spilled its filthy guts into the fire where they hissed and steamed, and with another he severed its bleeding foot. Finally, with one long, blood-curdling shriek, the spirit bled to death and dissolved.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 04, 2012, 02:09:30 pm »

The mocking howls turned into shrieks of pain as Deebus shot spirit after spirit. Having only a dozen arrows, though, he soon ran out and had to resort to throwing rocks from the ground. He pelted and pelted them, snapping off horns and antennae, bringing some to the ground with broken bones, but could not seem to kill any of them. Worse still, the wounded kept crawling away, vanishing to be replaced by fresh and slavering spirits.

He threw long into the night, causing untold pain and injury to dozens of evil spirits, only for them to be replaced again and again. From last time, he knew their rule, as the old rhyme had hinted, that though they might replace each other, they can't do it if one actually dies. If he could just crack one of their heads...

Eventually, and much to his surprise, the ground inside his circle was clean of rocks, forcing him to tear the ice from his waterskins and hurl it. At long last, he found the meat cleaver in his pack and hurled it, striking a spirit's head from its shoulders. As he was about to spend a moment to relish in this small victory, though, he smelled something odd, a change in the air.

The fires were dying.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 04, 2012, 02:39:51 pm »

Three battered, broken spirits descended upon Deebus, no longer out of predatory malice but from fear, anger, and vengeance. Deebus dove out of their way, barely escaping the tackle, and landed next to the frozen corpse of the wolf he had shot earlier. He hefted the heavy animal and hurled it at the spirits, knocking them into each other, but they only continued to limp and crawl towards him.

Deebus stood fast, knowing that if he ran too far, whole, undamaged spirits would replace them. They leapt upon him again, the closest losing its arm to his spear, but they took him to the ground still.  With bloody and torn hands they tore at him, bruising and pummeling his body. One of them stomped hard on his stomach nearly making him vomit. Just when another grabbed him by the head, though, he found his opening.

With a swift stroke, he decapitated the spirit holding him, and stomped the fingers of the one gripping his ankle. With another strike he speared its eyeless head open, its feelers still twitching as it dissolved. The last one he impaled through the stomach, but it leapt back, taking the spear with it, and charged towards him. Before it could reach him, the last of its blood feel to the ground and it too died.

Deebus sank to his knees, looking at the carnage all around him. He was bruised in every part of his body, his smashed open thumb stung with pain, and his ear throbbed, filling his head with sickly warmth. But he was alive, and once more, victorious over the shadows.

Day 14 10th Galena 200

He hadn't bothered to relight the fires, being far too tired, but with the spirits driven back, he hadn't needed to anyway. Collecting what arrows he could find, and then whittling some more from the wolf's bones, he set off to the east.

[[ATTENTION! It's a 3-post update, so scroll up if you just got here!]]

Is there a script to heal smashed fingernails with DfHack? That the fastest growing body tissue IRL should be subject to these kinds of infections ingame is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:57:51 pm by HugoLuman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 04, 2012, 02:44:45 pm »

Awesome.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 04, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »

Wait... so... did Deebus just take on bogeymen and win?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 04, 2012, 03:35:16 pm »

Wait... so... did Deebus just take on bogeymen and win?
Twice now, though it's not much to sneeze at.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54