Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How did you last fail?  (Read 5113 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last fail?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is why it is important to check which Steam tab you are on before spilling important tactical information.
Game?
UFO: The Two Sides.
Looks awesome, but their downloads are taken down? Sucks that people can stop the development of a free game just because it copies some aspect of another.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 11:27:22 pm »

This is why it is important to check which Steam tab you are on before spilling important tactical information.
Game?
Looks awesome, but their downloads are taken down? Sucks that people can stop the development of a free game just because it copies some aspect of another.
I could PM you a download link, if you want.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 11:33:11 pm »

Spoiler: Quote Pyramid (click to show/hide)
That would be awesome.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 01:32:10 am »

Had to restart a good 1 or 2 season's worth of work in my playthrough of the 2nd latest Wastelands Mod for DF; all because I forgot how the water filtering thing went regarding stagnant water.

Not an epic fail, but certainly an inconvenient one.

@OP:
That had to suck. I'm no stranger to such unfairness.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 02:06:24 am »

Game?

Could you please PM me as well?

I picked up an assault pack in BF3, in the middle of a shitstorm. I got randomly shot and had 5%, so I decided to drop a healthpack- nope, grenade launcher. Even tried firing it at enemy troops that came to fuck me up, but apparently it doesn't work if the shell hits more than 2 yards from the target.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 02:55:09 am »

I was a demoman playing defense on ctf_Turbine, and I had put 4 stickies on the flag. I made my job to be to stop those darn scouts from taking it over and over again, but was paying too much attention to the main entrance to actually do so. They'd just drop down from the vent, grab the flag, FaN me from behind, and score. I should of been able to hit them with my pipes as they were running out, but apparently my aim was insufficient.

Team Fortress 2.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 11:20:11 am »

Game?
Ooh, me too, please. It seems like a lot of fun!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 11:41:05 am »

Not a tremendous failure, but...

Ok, I had a save game in Crusader Kings 2 where the kingdom of Aragon had been reduced to one county, in France. I thought: that'll be a fun challenge! I'll take that. So I waited a bit, got some money together, etc, then started a war with Mallorca, the folks controlling Barcelona. I beat them with mercenaries, captured their Emir, and forced them to give me the entire Duchy of Barcelona. Going well so far.

After that, I idled along, looking for a potential marriage for the Queen of Aragon (who is Dutch, for some reason). Then Mauretania and Beja (who control all of Spain, in this game) decided to put me back in my place. I got ready for war, and then realized that all of my new provinces counted as conquered, and had no soldiers. and I had spent all of my hard earned money usurping the title for Barcelona. Then the duchess of Toulouse decided she wanted me gone too. And the Holy orders were all destroyed fighting in Alexandria.

Long story short, The Kingdom of Aragon is one county in France again, and I need to learn how to pay attention. Still alive though!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 07:28:08 pm »

Had a decently-designed base, with sniper holes and bunkers guarding the entrance, and flak cannons outside for shooting down dropships.

The first dropship exploded, and debris flew through a window and crushed one of my snipers. It went downhill from there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2]