• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Nice
« on: April 08, 2012, 04:11:03 pm »

Name:  Koshamal (Slaughterstaught)
Weight:  18Γ
Value:  147,600Θ

Desc:  This is a steel mail shirt.  All craftsmogunship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with octagon cut tsavorites and encircled with bands of chestnut.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of cave spider silk and menaces with spikes of steel.  On the item is an image of a wild boar man in cave spider silk.

Now, let's hope this does some good in my militia commander's care against the undead swarm that will allowed toinevitably get inside!

What's your opinion?  Worthwhile equalizer, or yet another trinket for the necromancers?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Nice
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:47:07 pm »

It's a steel mail shirt. Most would kill for such artefacts. Please tell me it was a fey/secretive mood and not a possession....

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 04:53:23 pm »

Steel mail shirt + steel breast plate already deflects 95% of hits this should make your commander's organs completely safe just watch out for goblins with hammers and/or whips as well as elite bowgoblins which can headshot.

Against zeds this should be really good

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 04:59:14 pm »

Steel mail shirt + steel breast plate already deflects 95% of hits this should make your commander's organs completely safe just watch out for goblins with hammers and/or whips as well as elite bowgoblins which can headshot.

Here's a quantum stockpile full of commas. [,] Use it well.

Though you should give it to your most skilled Dwarf, and unless this is a full mobilization of a sizable army, generally attacking a group of necromancers around a still walking zombie horde is suicide, and you don't want to lose SUCH A BEAUTIFUL ARTIFACT.

craftsmogunship

Your desert Dwarfs have gone far.

Regarding the mail shirt, strap that thing on a legendary armour user and it'll protect his or her torso with a mighty vengeance. Just add a breastplate so you don't run foul of blunt attacks.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 05:01:28 pm »

Set it on fire and throw it at goblins.

I can't imagine any other use for a legendary piece of armor like that.

OR, set the maker on fire and make him WEAR the mail shirt. The offering of blood will appease the artifact gods and make it even more powerful than before.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 05:10:32 pm »

Should be damn good. I had one once (except for the craftsmogunship, the frivolous decorations and that specific name, ofcourse) but I never got to test it properly.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 06:01:19 pm »

Of course it's worth your while! Steel is awesome for armor and cutting weapons, lead/platinum is great for blunt. Everything with a high value multiplier is good for furniture.

And I guess it doesn't matter if it was a possession or not. The result was legendary nonetheless.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 06:09:07 pm »

Well, I lol'd.  But more on that in a bit.

Firstly, no.  It was a possession.  But the armor was already a High Master when he migrated, so no big foul there.

Secondly, yes!  They do SO much better in desert.  Which is why a haunted, necromancer-stuffed forest has turned out....... interesting.  But we're doing well, so far, without COMPLETE turtling.  But there's a lot of dead hippies hurraycollateral damage with the neighbors.

Now, for the 'lol'.
So, I equip it on a competent hammerer master crossbower, and sent him out.  He gunned down pretty much all the wildlife and made quite a few undead into *Masterpiece Pincushions* before he got raped by a zombie giant eagle and killed.

So then I gave it to an unfortunate trapped outside, who adopted the gear and a copper axe successfully, and proceeded to hew through the undead horde in epic proportions, gradually being torn to shreds over the course of two seasons before he finally succumbed to injuries amidst a mountainous pile of ever-ressurecting bodyparts.  This epic sacrifice allowed two caravans through (humans and mogun, though technically he died before the Mogun arrived, he'd lead them far enough that the caravans snuck by) allowing me to buy some iron and steel to restart my stalled Layered Steel Weapons Company(c) and Llamelar Arms Defenses(tm).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:12:00 pm »

Ok, since the armorer was a high level, then I guess it's ok.

Epic fights your boys put up.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 06:16:12 pm »

It's gonna get more epic!  Llamelar is very costly, slow to produce, and annoying, but worth it.  The spaulder shields better than a shield against non-blunt damage, and the armor likewise versus plate mail.  Their only downsides militarily is that they're pretty darn heavy.

Economically, they're a pain.  You have to produce 5 clay slats and a bolt of leather to make the spaulder, while the armor requires leather armor and 15 slats.  Both also require an iron ingot.  So, minimum of 7 trips and 17 trips respectively.  Very slow to produce.

Right now, my crack-squad has liberated the artifact and we're shimmying it back to the fort and turtling until we're ready for the next assault.  In the fray, i've found my new champion.  A legendary katarist who seems incapable of anything less than systematically slicing enemies into sandwich meat.

We'll find that necromancer yet!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:17:53 pm by janglur »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 06:20:26 pm »

I like the thought of a dwarf that enjoys making enemies turn into bloody/moldy confetti. And even if you don't find him, he'll get bored and leave eventually.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 06:37:31 pm »

I like the thought of a dwarf that enjoys making enemies turn into bloody/moldy confetti. And even if you don't find him, he'll get bored and leave eventually.

Mogun.  We're Mogun here.

This is our military:

And this is our civilians:

At least, how I envisioned them.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 06:49:39 pm »

My point still stands. Their just as psychotic as any good dorf, so they're alright by me.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 12:22:59 am »

They're actually quite nice, gentle, and caring.

They just happen to be good at slaughter.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 12:34:36 am »

Good at killing = some underlying mental issues in my book. Remember: Beware the nice ones.
Pages: [1] 2