Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lazy Dwarf (Bug? v34.02)  (Read 1781 times)

onehellofatable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lazy Dwarf (Bug? v34.02)
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:43:24 pm »

So this one dwarf, Erush Treegem (sounds pretty elfy to me!) was standing in 3-4 deep water in the public bathing hall (combined meeting hall/water source) forever, and though she's listed as a "mason" she has no labor screen or skills. She's not a ghost, she has an inventory. I flushed all the water out of the pool and she just stands next to it now (or sometimes goes and hangs out in a statue garden. I can't find her in dwarf therapist, either. Is this a known bug??

Also unrelated, but I just had a dwarf murder one of my doctors in his bed. They were "passing acquaintances" but apparently they had an argument about something! I went and took a look and the murderer has a poor sense for social relationships.... go figure. I love this game. RIP legendary doctor (sigh)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:07:31 pm by onehellofatable »
WGOIMF: Just lost 12 miners (all but 1) to cave ins within the span of an hour mining out a 20x20 pit

......Nothing could be done, it was the will of Armok!

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:23:52 pm »

Well, this contains spoilers so....
[spoilerFrom the sounds of it, you have a vampire infestation. Vampires will attempt to disguise their identity by coming up with fake names, but therapist shows their real ones, since they don't need to eat or drink they can spend a'lot of time idling.[/spoiler]

onehellofatable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Dwarf
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 05:58:36 pm »

She's not any kind of vampire I've ever had (got a "night city" deep down in the bowels of my fort). She doesn't show up in therapist AT ALL. She's not even idle with "no job" but she has no skills, no labor screen, no job ever!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:02:10 pm by onehellofatable »
WGOIMF: Just lost 12 miners (all but 1) to cave ins within the span of an hour mining out a 20x20 pit

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Dwarf (Bug? v34.02)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 09:27:01 pm »

edited any raws? using a mod? I havn't seen this before.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 09:30:12 pm »

Sounds like she's not actually part of your fortress's population.  Maybe she's a werebeast who transformed back to dwarf shape?  Or somehow she got dragged in by a caravan and never left... don't know what other possibilities there are.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

onehellofatable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:53:15 am »

edited any raws? using a mod? I havn't seen this before.
LNP vanilla
Sounds like she's not actually part of your fortress's population.  Maybe she's a werebeast who transformed back to dwarf shape?  Or somehow she got dragged in by a caravan and never left... don't know what other possibilities there are.
I was thinking caravans too, though do dwarves with regular labor titles come in with caravans?

She's not in legends, at least not under that name, but she's been around for quite awhile now and no bloodless corpses have turned up... no corpses at all.

Werebeast is possible... they usually get immediately mauled mercilessly by my military, if they don't run off the map, though I suppose it IS possible that I missed an alert and unpaused it without reading
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:57:57 am by onehellofatable »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 11:13:06 am »

What does the Units screen show as her current job? Does she show up as a "☺" or "@"?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

onehellofatable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 12:05:35 pm »

She shows up as a "☺" identical to other masons
Her current job in the Units screen is "Diplomat"

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 12:16:30 pm »

Then he's from a caravan. Is there no way out for him?
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

onehellofatable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 01:17:31 pm »

there's certainly nothing obstructing his path outside

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 01:28:00 pm »

The water might be a problem. Dwarves will travel through 3/7 with no problem, but will not touch 4/7 or more under any circumstances, in my experience. I'm not sure how he could have gotten into the pool in the first place, but it's possible that a little more water flowed in afterwards and the new water is stopping him from getting back out, while the fact that he's still in only 3/7 is keeping him from thinking he's drowning and swimming out himself. Convoluted, but possible I think.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

onehellofatable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 02:00:01 pm »

I flushed all the water out of the pool and she just stands next to it now (or sometimes goes and hangs out in a statue garden.
from my original post
<it> referring to the pool she had previously been standing inside of
... it would have been a plausible theory though

also, i've since disabled the statue garden and now she just hangs out by the empty pool with the other idlers
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:08:53 pm by onehellofatable »

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 03:45:59 pm »

Oh wow, I'm stupid. Sorry about that.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.

onehellofatable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 04:09:22 pm »

naw don't say such a thing about yourself, it's a small mistake

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 04:21:49 pm »

And yet, one that could have been so easily avoided. How long has he been wandering around?
Live bait.
Pages: [1] 2