Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: HellFire-The Masterwork succesion fort! 34.05 Be glad its not evil.  (Read 34135 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: HellFire-The Masterwork succesion fort! 34.05-Overseers needed!-
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2012, 12:49:08 pm »

Sign me up for a turn and a dorf (preferably an engineer).

Never played with Masterwork Mod before, but I suspect I have a decent chance of not nuking the fort; I intentionally tried to collapse my last one and it refused to die ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 12:54:59 pm »

can i get dwarfed as oneof the migrants? preferably ether a spear person or a hunter. a male person.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 07:24:45 pm »

(My game crashed and I lost the save from the last one so had to start over, I also dwarfed myself as the Chief Medical Dwarf)

1st Granite:
I am utterly confused as to how this fort was meant to run in any kind of objective sense. I have been attempting to decipher the layout to this fort, I will attempt to figure out the way what works but I hope for little.

2nd Granite:
From what I understand the forts layout on close inspection it perfectly recreates a rune in the ancient language of the great god Mu that translates to "All hail the dragon for he sleeps under this world dreaming of devouring all!", as this idea came from the founder I will respect his reasoning ad try to avoid destroying his elaborate well crafted art piece and instead focus on working on upper and lower levels then we currently use.

3rd Granite:
Ended production on rock blocks and traction benches (of which we have an abundance of) to instead focus on building new furniture to sell and mechanisms for my various projects (of which include a gate for the fort).

15th Granite:
In my probings down into the earth we have discovered a cavern layer filled to the brim with water, I have begun to build a well and set up a living space in the uppermost level in case of any alcohol shortages (which are likely given my poor micromanagement skills are likely) also:

This cavern is really deep.

14th Slate:
Migrants have arrived and building goes well on new meeting room near the well (I have also taken the liberty of building a larger hospital for my use)

23rd Slate:
The Militia has given birth to a boy.

20th Felsite:
Two snatchers spotted in one day, I have ordered all of the ramps destroyed and have lifted the draw bridge in order to prevent entry into the fort if more goblins showed up. The thieves managed to kill one of the militia recruits but otherwise they died quickly.

6th Malachite:
Things have been going well for the fort, few damaging things have happened and the militia has gotten a new recruit and to top it off migrants arived (a ridiculous number of them too there are something like

3rd Galena:
I have completed a mayors office in order to sate our democratically elected despot. I consider it a reward for the fact he has only been demanding things we are capable of making.

3rd Galena Part two:
The Gemcutter has been acting strange lately, according to the priest to armok he has become possesed by a spirit of creativity (who is also the mayor) in order to make a great treasure of Dwarven culture.

9th Galena:
If the Priest wasnt also the mayor I would have him hammered right now for getting my hopes up!

BEHOLD ITS GLORY! Atleast its valuable and pretty...

15th Galena:

Oh shit... ive ordered the fort closed off from the outside world.

25th Limestone:
My plan for what to do about the siege certainly could have gone better. I had salied out our two squads of the militia in front of the gate in the hopes that they would be able to deal with the Tigermen, what I hadnt counted on was the fact that the Tigermen are far more competent at arms then our entire army. I am sad to report the entire militia has been wiped out to the last man (failing to kill even a single tigerman in the process). Luckily I managed o shut the gate again so the fort can live on atleast.

17th Timber:
The Caravan has arrived and the guards managed to fight off the tigermen.

25th Timber:
I have ordered the creation of a large area to bury our former militia members (it will take a long time before we can rebuild our forces from that). My orders for the next caravan are what you would expect, lots of wood, lots of food, and lots of delicious booze. I am quite happy to say that we now have enough supplies to last a long long time if the tiger men returned.

5th Opal:
Migrants have arived.

19th Opal:
Yet more good news, I was elected mayor *begins to cackle evily*

27th Opal:
My good mood has just been ruined! In a fit of rage over his murdered mother a dwarven kid just attacked me and broke my hand! Ill be spending weeks in the hospital because of this! Especially since I'm the only doctor here!

7th Obsidian:
The Dark Stranglers have arrived. I have locked the fort off from the outside world in the hopes that they are chased off by something but my hopes are low.

30th Obsidian:
Given my new injuries and the dangers of this siege I hereby resign my position.

Download Link:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6170

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 07:30:58 pm »

YOU ACTUALLY FOUGHT THE TIGERMEN?

Daaaaaang, your either stupid, or have balls the size of uranus.

And stranglers, ohf.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 08:09:44 pm »

And stranglers, ohf.

Stupid, I had only started playing Masterwork recently and am still new with it. This really strikes home how much more dangerous the combat is now, I had also never actually fought tiger men before.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:11:40 pm by Ahrimahn »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 08:11:27 pm »

And stranglers, ohf.

Stupid, I had only started playing Masterwork recently and am still new with it. This really strikes home how much more dangerous the combat is now.

Well, seeing as how the forts going so far I feel that well have golems soon. Or temples to summon un-killable monstrosities, either one.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 08:23:30 pm »

Wow, didn't expect you to finish so soon... gonna grab the save soon. This is my first time playing Masterwork, so I don't really know what I'm in for, but I'll try not to get everyone killed :))
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Phones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 08:24:00 pm »

I'd like a turn at this please.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »

Wow, didn't expect you to finish so soon... gonna grab the save soon. This is my first time playing Masterwork, so I don't really know what I'm in for, but I'll try not to get everyone killed :))

You can be the drug-pyhsco time-traveler your always are if you want, and try to get a temple built soon, it'll help fight off sieges.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »

I'm going to use a different characterization for this, I think.

IMPORTANT: I'm running 34.07. It'll be fine for me, but using a save from a later version in an earlier version might cause odd things to happen, so it might be best to update the version number listed in the subject.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:40:31 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2012, 08:40:29 pm »

I'm going to use a different characterization for this, I think.

Alright

Since your someone else, you shouldnt get mad about what im about to do.

Mr. Frog!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2012, 08:44:19 pm »

I'm going to pretend you didn't do that.

EDIT:

The RAR's broken, try uploading a new one.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:47:34 pm by Mr Frog »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2012, 08:45:16 pm »

Check the turns and look at your name, Mr. Frog!

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2012, 08:57:04 pm »

I'm going to pretend you didn't do that.

EDIT:

The RAR's broken, try uploading a new one.

Fuck. Ill get on that immediately.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2012, 08:59:55 pm »

Upload the entire folder cause its a mod. THE ENTIRE FOLDER.

Edit: After this, anyone want me to make a third one, but in 34.07 and a "secret civ"? Anyone? Its fun making these situations and letting people try to survive.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10