Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is load game bugged?  (Read 977 times)

asmodai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Is load game bugged?
« on: April 06, 2012, 04:55:16 am »

In the load game screen the game just seemed to hang and hang and hang with some IO reads coming out every once in a while as shown by task manager.

But it seems that you have to press Enter in that load screen in order to make it actually load the game?

Is it bugged or just not obvious? Or perhaps it's not showing me anything on the console with regard to this?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Is load game bugged?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:06:25 am »

very little information to go on. I'm assuming you did the obvious things such as select the world you wanted to load and press enter.

That leaves the fact that, yes, it takes some time to load. However, if it takes more than a minute something might be wrong. Again, you give only very little information
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 05:08:43 am »

But it seems that you have to press Enter in that load screen in order to make it actually load the game?

You can have more than one world save, this is to let you choose which one you want to load.

asmodai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 05:35:52 am »

You can have more than one world save, this is to let you choose which one you want to load.

Ah! That will be it yes. It was just totally not obvious there was a selection option there. Nothing to provide context with different colour or anything like that. And I was watching IO reads increase, so I thought it was already loading. >_<

Echo51

• Bay Watcher
  • The amazing random pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 06:16:53 am »

You will know when it starts loading since it will quickly grey out if you keep spamming keys on windows ;) But yes, press enter to select save to load.
Fire is awesome in this game. I should start another one.
No one with appropriate skills, so a bunch of jewelers are being promoted to Doctors. Hey, don't look at me like that. They know plenty about chiseling things off.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 07:17:27 am »

It's a forgivable mistake, I mean, pretty much every obvious feature in DF is cryptic and vague :P