Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Books in stock screen?  (Read 627 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Books in stock screen?
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:25:58 am »

I remember playing DF after the necromancer/vampire patch and one time seeing books in my stocks. I can't find this as a independent label anymore. Has anyone seen any books in 34.07 fort mode?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Books in stock screen?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 03:45:50 am »

Finished Goods contains Books.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Books in stock screen?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 04:00:32 am »

Necromancers bring them sometimes. I've got 333 pages of autobiography on one of my necromancers, and that's exactly as useless as it sounds.

A few books will have morbid titles and something about the secrets of life and death in the description. They can be read in adventure mode by any character with at least one point in reading and doing this will give you the power to raise corpses, plus eternal life.

There's no way to make a dwarf read a book in fortress mode, and if they did they'd immediately try to bring about the zombie apocalypse.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.