Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends  (Read 21813 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Day 2
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2012, 11:26:24 am »

You responded overly shocked and made the claim "I did nothing last night".  That's a bit too...easy an answer.

As for me?  I didn't convert anybody last night either, thanks.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2012, 12:24:10 pm »

You responded overly shocked and made the claim "I did nothing last night".  That's a bit too...easy an answer.
Too easy? Stop spewing bullshit, you bullshitspewer.
Oh, and you're a hypocrite to boot. You didn't convert anyone? That's a bit too...easy an answer.

I HAVE MORE POSTS THAN YOU

YOUR OPINION IS IRRELEVANT
1. Did you /not/ think megaman was scummy day 1? Really? He certainly acted like it. Who would you have rather lynched, in hindsight? You know, since you didn't bother voting for or arguing for anybody - just a single vote for me with a couple loose accusations, and then jumping off and going back to lurking.
Newbies constantly behave that way. Every time I'm evaluating someone's behavior I'm taking their experience in account. Since you're one of the oldest denizens of this board, you must be either extremely stupid not to realize that or have reasons to ignore it. Those reasons may only be possessed by scum. You are scum.
2. A method, you'll note, that implicates me as well. A method I used last game as well, and intend on using every game from here on out. Clearly such a methodology for choosing someone to ask questions of is so inherently flawed anyone using it must be scum.... right.
You are a cretin. The amount of posts has absolutely nothing to do with the person's alignment. To name two extremes of the spectrum, there's perpetually lurking Jokerman and rabbit-on-steroids Max White. Both exhibit the same levels of activity regardless of their alignment.
3. Sure, it wasn't the best question in the world. But I notice that you evade answering the question, no matter how dumb it was. That, in fact, you evade answering any questions at all, and then dump a couple of bullshit reasons for voting me. The only one of any worth is that I... voted a townie. One who's new, yes, but one who also lurked like hell and didn't answer people's questions.

Why are you refusing to answer questions?
Because to give the answer I have to get what if I had not answered in time when I did not.

I did answer his question. Sure, it wasn't the best answer in the world. But I notice that you ignore that completely.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2012, 12:24:36 pm »

Toony's right, Tiruin.  You reacted to a reaction test with shock and a claim.  Looks like we found our D2 lynch!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:58 pm »

All the activity tracking does is point in a direction to look, and (at the meta-level) allow me to accumulate activity data to build correlations later, while discouraging lurking. It's a bit more information. I didn't say I have more posts than you, so its irrelevant - I said my activity level itself is fucking incriminating. But I can't abide lurkers, all the same. Towns only chance is for people to participate enough that the scum can filtered out and identified.

Also, I missed zombie urists question earlier
How do you measure activity and how does it help?
The algorithm works on frequency of posts, amount of content in posts, modifiers for response-only posts, explicit scumhunting, and a host of other smaller variables. The value, at this point, is mostly in pointing out lurkers and keeping them for easy reference later, and identifying those posting "too much" (potentially indicating they may be trying to hard to appear town) and giving data with which to compare people to previous games. I'll probably need another game or two before it's super useful for that purpose.
It has the added utility of giving me an opportunity to go through all the past posts and take notes of tells and such.

I'll probably not have any more time for this until tomorrow.

Jiokuy, Who do you think is scum? If you could choose someone, who would you lynch right now, knowing what you know?

Also, Toaster's response was adequate, so I was going to unvote. But what's up with that last bit. "Toony made a good point so hey we can lynch this dude lets do it"? Really? Sure, he's looking scummy (or at least scattered) - but are you looking for a scum, or just a lynch here?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2012, 06:25:49 pm »

Wooh, I'm a member of the Imperial Navy Marines now! Woot woot new icon.

That is all, now it's back to hosting my game.

Seriously though, post you fuckers.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2012, 11:14:00 pm »

Vote Count, Day 2
Jiokuy: Tiruin
Zombie Urist: ToonyMan
GlyphGryph: zombie urist, Dariush
Tiruin: Toaster
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2012, 12:46:32 am »

Inb4 reading everyone else's statements.

Right, so based on my answer, you see that I'm responding shock and claim. That is one hard assumption you're trying to bring out.

Where I saw your question, it was easy pressure. I did nothing last night.

Toony's right, Tiruin.  You reacted to a reaction test with shock and a claim.  Looks like we found our D2 lynch!

Ok...Shock. How?

You asked me a loaded question, and I pointed that out. Then you point my reaction from a skewed viewpoint. I knew that was a test, but gave my answer.

Nice, Toaster. Incriminating me for saying such? I saw that as pure pressure, for it held nothing as support, including that followup.

Why are you ready to jump along with Toony on me for completely intangible reasons? Also, why use Toony's words when you can use your own?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2012, 09:46:16 am »

Unvote Zombie Urist

Tiruin, for spazzing the fuck out.  Blaming me for using Toaster's words.  Blaming Toaster for using my words.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2012, 09:51:21 am »

Like that would matter.

So explaining myself is spazzing the fuck out? And undue repetition? Mhmm. Be original Toony, you're getting scummier by the moment.

Jiokuy, respond.

And of course, you also defend Toaster? Twice in a statement?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

We're at a tie now.

Toonyman for basically repeating what GG and Toaster have been doing/saying.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »

The town squabble, unable to unify over a scapegoat to blame. Ultimately, they decide that killing the wrong target would do more damage to the Imperial Knights than letting a criminal live. The Imperial Knights narrowed their eyes at each other, and went to rest, in preparation for the next assault against the Martian rebellions.

The Overseer didn't even bother barking orders to the Imperial Knights. Even he too much be exhausted from the lack of results.

Night 2 begins. Please send in your night orders ASAP.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Night 2
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2012, 10:23:14 am »

I have received a prod for jiokuy, and as he has not posted here in a while, his slot has hereby been opened up. Please PM me if you are interested in taking his slot.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Night 2
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2012, 01:17:47 am »

Victoria was officially the Martian capital. But few pay attention to such official facts; the Martian central government was very weak, and in any event, subordinated to the whims and desires of the Imperial Security Director. Still, it was a lone monument towards self-rule and the Imperial Knights feared that this monument could act as a rallying cry for the Rebellion. It had to be conquered, for the glory of the Immortal Emperor.

But when the Imperial Knights arrived, nobody was there. The entire city appeared to be evacuated. Was it a trap? The Imperial Knights decided to examine the city, block-by-block, to check for any ambushes.

Once the entire city was cleared, the Imperial Knights reported for duty...only to find that two of their members, jiokuy and Tiruin, were missing. A report from the Imperial Police cleared up where jiokuy was; he appeared to view the Imperial Knights as being doomed and  sneaked outside the city to join up with his rebel buddies. He has been held in detainment for further interrogation.

jiokuy was modkilled; he was a Rebel Persuader.

The second Imperial Knight, Tiruin, was found dead in an alley dumpster. The murder appeared to have been quick and (relatively) painless. A quick search of his body revealed nothing remarkable or interesting about him, and he was acclaimed as a martyr.

Tiruin was an Imperial Soldier.

As the Imperial Knights entered into the normal routine of lynching, The Overseer barked, ordering the Knights to continue the assault against the rebels. The Imperial Knights has already been exhausted after a house-to-house search, and demoralized by the winnowing down of whatever little loyalty is there left.

"Rio de Luz is a very strategic mining facility. We take that out, and we gain access to every one of their rebel tunnels and---you maggots just don't follow orders properly, do you?"

There was some mummer of dissent. For the first time, the Imperial Knights were countenancing mutiny.

"You say my orders are suicidal? Well, of course they are! But that's because we now outnumber you. Even if you do manage to lynch one of us Cybrids, we'll just kill you back, and in a war of attrition, we'll eventually prevail. So we get to dictate how you die, and because I still retain some loyalty towards this unit, I grant you an honorable death against the Rebellion that we have united ourselves against."

zombie urist screamed, "I am loyal to The Overseer, not to the Cybrid glitch that replaced him! I will rather die than to serve your illegitimate orders."

"You will die, zombie urist. But if you do not wish to be killed heroically in battle against the Rebels, then you will die unheroically against the inevitability of the Cybrids."

Toonyman, Toaster, and GlyphGryph reveals themselves to be Cybrids and win the game!
Dariush and "zombie urist" terminated by Cybrids!

"You can still be killed by us at any time, you realize that?" Toonyman scowled. "Just because you aided us today does not mean that you may be that Metagen scum we've been searching for all this time."

"I find," Toaster begins, "that this Metagen question distracts us from the potential of controlling both the Rebels and the Imperials. After all, I'm still a high-ranking Imperial Commander, and GlyphGryph can inspire and coordinate the Rebellion. How long do you think it'll take for the invasion fleet to arrive?"

"Thirty-six hours."

"Then we'll prolong the war between the Rebels and the Imperials for thirty-six hours," said a cheerful GlyphGryph. "Maybe even convince some of them to surrender peacefully to the Cybrids and become converted themselves!"

"Then let's get to work then," said ToonyMan cheerfully. "Another batch of Trojan Horses are arriving to Mars as we speak, and we always need fresh meat."

Toaster picks up his transmitter and start speaking in it. "This is the Imperial Overseer speaking..."

Roles:
Toonyman = Machinatior//NEXUS
GlyphGryph = Rebel Commander/Organizer Inquisitor//Analyzer
Toaster = Imperial Overseer Inquisitor//Duplicator
zombie urist = Investigator/Imperial Officer
Megaman = Imperial Soldier
Tiruin = Imperial Soldier
Dariush = Rebel Snowman
jiokuy = Rebel Persuader

Night 1:
Toonyman converted GlyphGryph (to Cybrid).
zombie urist investigated Toonyman, found him to be "Unknown".
GlyphGryph invited Jiokuy to the rebel chat.
Jiokuy did nothing.
Toaster did nothing.

Night 2:
Toonyman converted Toaster (to Cybrid).
zombie urist invested GlyphGryph, found him to be "Unknown".
GlyphGryph did nothing.
Jiokuy did nothing.
Toaster did nothing.

I modkilled Jiokuy, therebyending the game. Though someone did end up willing to sub for him, since I have to leave tomorrow (and could not expect to receive his orders), I decided that I should have no choice but to modkill Jiokuy*. I also sent a PM to Dariush saying that his alignment changed to Imperial since the loss of Jiokuy makes winning as a Rebel impossible, but that was before I checked for Game End and realized that the Cybrids meet their victory condition: The Cybrids can no longer be lynched or killed. Even if Toaster is killed by the Cybrids in a day lynch, the Cybrids can then nightkill a human in a night to maintain majority control over the town.

*There probably could have been other options, like randomly choosing a target for Jiokuy to convert, but I only thought of these options right after making this post. Again, I apologize.

I can write a post-mortem of all the wrong things I did in this game, but that is irrelevant. The fact is, I have done a lot of stuff and created a setup that I realized in retrospect was horribly unbalanced, especially in the sense that the Rebels' chances for victory were reliant heavily on a role that was possessed by an inactive person. The most important issue may be that the inclusion of a NEXUS meant that the town had to play almost-perfectly to contain the conversions (or had to hope for an early Metagen). The Town didn't (and couldn't) play perfectly, and I didn't roll an early Metagen. I take full responsibility for this setup. I have learnt stuff for this game, but it does mean I need to take a break from GMing Mafia games, so as to prevent a train-wreck like this.

In addition, I learnt that Imperial Overseer/Rebel Snowman dynamic did not work as intended, because ToadyOne refused to let people use the same account. I've been thinking of an alternative...instead of the Overseer/Snowman/Ghost being granted an account (which wasn't really used at all in this game), Overseer/Snowman/Ghost gain access to all Imperial Officers' reports, and Imperial Officers must give truthful reports until they get converted to Cybrids. Reports seem a more useful source of information than being able to anonymously talk to the town, especially when someone else is also anonymously speaking as well (though Cybrid Mafia #2 showcased an example where anonymous talking could have been important).

Deleted Outtake
"I find," Toaster begins, "that this Metagen question distracts us from the potential of controlling both the Rebels and the Imperials. After all, I'm still a high-ranking Imperial Commander, and GlyphGryph can inspire and coordinate the Rebellion. How long do you think it'll take for the invasion fleet to arrive?"

"Thirty-six hours."

"Then we'll prolong the war between the Rebels and the Imperials for thirty-six hours," said a cheerful GlyphGryph. "Maybe even convince some of them to surrender peacefully to the Cybrids and become converted themselves!"

"The human species is very resilient, even in the face of rational defeat," said a somber Toaster. "Never underestimate them and their tendency towards bravery and loyalty to Terra."

"Bravery? These were the most cowardly Imperial Knights I seen. Now if you are talking about the Rebel guerrilla forces fighting for independence on Mars, or about the struggles of Unitech's bureaucrats to increase efficiency, of course their bravery is uncontested. But most of humanity is quite frankly mewling sheep, to be shepherd by great men like us. Cowards to the last, and never loyal to Terra, but instead to their own skin. But obviously, an Terran commissar like you would never admit that his entire job is based off an lie."

Toaster and GlyphGryph quickly get into a long and drawn-out argument, complete with ad hominen attacks, brazen insults, and a complete lack of discussion of how to actually manipulate the Imperials or the Rebels. Toonyman sighs. "I swear, when we do get to Homeworld//Desire, we'll only replicate the same social structures and divisions that we sought to destroy in the first place."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:24:26 am by Servant Corps »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2012, 01:39:56 am »

Holy shit.  So I converted the two top faction people AND didn't roll the metagen?!
Anyway high fives to all my buddies and GG for being a cool guy.

EDIT:
Why didn't you reveal I was a cybrid Zombie??

Here's the Cybrid Chat.  Mainly GG and myself freaking out.

I liked the paranoid trusting faction stuff but there were a lot of issues.  Maybe more players and better balancing would have helped.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:43:50 am by ToonyMan »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2012, 02:01:41 am »

I say wut.

WHAT?!

Ugh. Cybrid scum. The only time wherein I am not Cybrid.

Scum...

"For the Emperor."

I somewhat knew Toaster and Toony were in on that. With that weak reasoning in day 2.

:'(
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9