Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends  (Read 21835 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 (8/8-15)
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 09:18:51 pm »

Oh I can't wait to be scum again!
^^

:I

Scum.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 09:39:31 am »

Pshhhhh, Toony isn't going to be scum. He's going to be third party. (which would be cybrid, I suppose? So... still scum)

Actually, no, he's going to be even MORE third party. Which is also scum, but scum scum. He is going to be the metagen psycho murderer, obviously!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 06:28:12 pm »

It actually makes me a criminal in real life.  I'm being arrested right now!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »

“The Martians always had a fierce independent streak and hated paying the regular tithes to Earth. With the internal turmoil within the Empire, the Martian Liberation Front saw the chance to launch a military coup to overthrow the Imperial Security Director. Now, the MLF controls all of Mars and now desire to export the revolution to the other colonies.

Revolution is treason. Revolution is betrayal. Revolution means a divided Humanity that will be gobbled up by the invading Cybrids. And that’s why the Emperor sent you, the elite Imperial Knights, to crush the Martian Rebellion and restore order. This is an act worthy of honor, or at the very least promotion and wealth. Even now, as the Red Whirlwind hovers within Martian orbit and the dropships are readied, the people of Earth praise your courage.

That is all. Your Imperial Overseer, signing off.”

The portable intercom (your only connection to The Overseer) finally shuts down, allowing you time to ponder your situation. The Imperial Knights were the bloody enforcement arm of the Empire. When the secret police, the Enforcer-thugs, and the Overseers failed, the Imperial Knights rush in, ready to administer their own violent brand of justice. They almost never fail in their duty (one learns not to talk about the Turkhazakistan Debacle in polite company). In the Imperial media, they’re heroes. To the colonists, they’re the greatest villains.

However, the Imperial Knights had a weakness that were plain to see. They were recruited amongst the many noble families within the Empire, and each individual Knight is more loyal to their family than they are to the Emperor. Most of these noble families are still loyal to the Empire, partly because they fear what will happen if the Rebellion wins. But there’s always the occasional rumor that one noble family or another had made “private arrangements” with a rebel faction, providing it aid and comfort in return for some small favors (such as an attack on a rival noble family).

The portable intercom blares again. “Imperial Knights. Report to Room A4-12.”

You, and 7 other people, arrive to that room, to see one dead janitor, and a Cybrid blink (the murder weapon) lying on a table. It turns out that there is an internal threat.

“A cybrid has snuck on-board this ship, obviously trying to sow dissent within our ranks. But we know he exist, and that’s the first step to defeating him. Imperial Knights, I’m counting you to find and terminate this threat before he can do damage to our campaign against the rebels on Mars.”

Day 1 starts. Day 1 will end 3 days from now, on Saturday. Days will last 3 days, while Nights will last 1 day.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Day 1
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 07:17:29 pm »

Oh let's make this interesting.  Toaster, is your survival a good thing?

And GlyphGryph, did you find your role PM enjoyable or cool?

Hopefully a small game will encourage more activity.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 07:30:50 pm »

I found it pretty good, actually. A little bit of info about my background and family and the reason I'm here, which is mostly family tradition. More would always be better of course, I do love flavour! How about yours? (I was hoping I'd get some sort of nod as a former overseer or something for hosting previous games - no such luck)

Now, to get down to business-
Grab the blink gone. I mean, I'm assuming it's not there in game, but dear god why did I never think of including blink guns! The ability to bypass all protections is !fun!.

When that doesn't work - shorten.

jiokuy - You're new here, and to this game type. If you could be any faction, which would you be and why?
Megaman - How many rebels do you think there are? Why?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 07:43:32 pm »

Why does the day end Saturday?

Toony Why are you rolefishing in your first post?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 07:52:23 pm »

Why does the day end Saturday?
Toony Why are you rolefishing in your first post?
Have no free time on weekends?  How about being productive?  An unreasonable answer garners suspect and I find it useful.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 08:18:21 pm »

The number does not matter, my friend. What matters is WHERE are they!

Toony but who will answer unreasonably? Rebel scum will try to answer in the most inconspicuous ways. It's always the quiet ones, ain't it?

Also, I haven't played Mafia for a while, so please don't shoot lazorz at me for being a 'n00b'
Hello Hunam

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2012, 09:22:06 pm »

Not an answer.

Toony but who will answer unreasonably? Rebel scum will try to answer in the most inconspicuous ways. It's always the quiet ones, ain't it?
Of course, they wouldn't think what they said was "unreasonable", however the fact they aren't town is a fact and that can't be changed right now.

Also, I haven't played Mafia for a while, so please don't shoot lazorz at me for being a 'n00b'
Newbcard, that's scummy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2012, 09:26:21 pm »

* GlyphGryph narrows eyes at megaman.

That doesn't answer my question.
That doesn't answer my question at all.

You deflected a question that didn't even matter. You couldn't even manage to venture a guess?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2012, 09:41:45 pm »

Why so suspicious, Gryph, my friend? It's almost as if you're looking for someone to pin suspicion on...

Toony, fair enough.
Hello Hunam

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2012, 09:47:44 pm »

Mod: Can you specify the time when day will end?

Have no free time on weekends?  How about being productive?  An unreasonable answer garners suspect and I find it useful.
My weekends are erratic. On this board I haven't ever seen a game that ends day during the weekend.

I'm interested. Haven't played much mafia on Bay12 but have somewhere else, so I ain't no noob.
This is interesting because it contradicts what you meant when you signed up for this game.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2012, 10:32:39 pm »

Toony:
Oh let's make this interesting.  Toaster, is your survival a good thing?

Of course it is.  My scumhunting skills and pleasant banter will make this game a more enjoyable experience!

Megaman:

That's a lot of interest in finding rebels, and no mention of cybrids.  What kind of cybrid are you?

Tiruin:  Are you enjoying a change of pace this Cybrid Mafia game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2012, 11:01:09 pm »

Mod: Can you specify the time when day will end?
I will aim to end at 10 PM GMT, though I am not sure whether I would succeed at that deadline. I'd also close vote early if there appears to be a consensus on who to lynch...but only on the exact day when the Day will end.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9