Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vampire Suspects  (Read 3116 times)

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire Suspects
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:54:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is my prime suspect for the chain of recent murders, happens to be the mayor also.

I dont understand why it says he hasn't had a drink in far to long, as i have +500 alcohol in stocks.

Am i on the right track?
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Suspects
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:56:23 pm »

You missed a very important factor.  She's a member of the Portals of Honesty.  She couldn't possibly lie about her history!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 06:57:42 pm »

Looks like a vampire to me, yep.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:58:27 pm »

This is my prime suspect for the chain of recent murders, happens to be the mayor also.

I dont understand why it says he hasn't had a drink in far to long, as i have +500 alcohol in stocks.

Am i on the right track?

Vampires can't drink booze. For dwarven vampires, this becomes a VERY large problem over time. I would say you are not only on the right track, you have arrived at the station.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:03:18 pm »

Long blue wall of text, many many relatives, gray/white hair, hasnt been drinking in a long time, no thoughts of where she has eaten, what she has eaten or been drinking.-> Clear sign of vampire -> crush her under the bridge. I would kill her even though no one had been murdered.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 07:20:03 pm »

when you think you found a vampire, lock it in a room somewhere

normal dwarves sleep, and show hunger/thirst signs

if it falls asleep on the floor, or gets hungry or thirsty, then itīs a mistaken identity

if it stays in the locked room, never starving or getting dehydrated, well, then you have a confirmed vampire :)

always make sure, some people are just creepy, not actually dangerous :)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 07:28:49 pm »

when you think you found a vampire, lock it in a room somewhere

normal dwarves sleep, and show hunger/thirst signs

if it falls asleep on the floor, or gets hungry or thirsty, then itīs a mistaken identity

if it stays in the locked room, never starving or getting dehydrated, well, then you have a confirmed vampire :)

always make sure, some people are just creepy, not actually dangerous :)

Like me!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 07:33:54 pm »

The best use I have found for vampires is as cavern explorers. You should be able to reveal your whole cavern system before they start to slow down too much, and they can take care of most anything down there bare handed. Make them the captain of a squad of one and send them off. Drop a pick down with them, and let them mine their own passages between the caverns.

Just try not to charge into any large herds of things, even a vampire can get mobbed. When they do get hurt, though, they will forget about trying to act like a dwarf and will move at the full speed they are capable of away from the threat, orders be damned. It's pretty cool, actually. And then they generally heal up, but they can't regrow lost limbs.

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 07:41:23 pm »

I was on a vampire hunt for revenge as she killed my up-and-coming armorsmith.
Now to confirm my suspicions with the above methods.

I suppose it will be more profitable to weaponise her, and to figure out how to select who she feeds upon.

Thanks for the input so far.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 08:01:21 pm »

Well That makes it easy to spot a vamp doesn't it?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 08:02:10 pm »

Dwarven justice at it's finest.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »

actually cave exploring is a good use for vampires, i once had about 10% vampires in immigrant waves,
 so i started sending them into the cave, most of them died, but two of them, unarmed and unarmored, pretty much emptied the cave, without getting hurt,
thus foiling my plan to get rid of them by sending them to attack random dangerous cave beasts..

edit: uh, on that image, i hear vampires are only listed as such, when they are feeding on your dwarves.. you might have a new corpse now...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:27:25 pm by enizer »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »

Ah, but you forget: this person seems to absolutely detest bats.  How could they be a vampire?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 08:39:13 pm »

epic fail

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 08:41:55 pm »

You missed a very important factor.  She's a member of the Portals of Honesty.  She couldn't possibly lie about her history!
I was right.
Pages: [1] 2