Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Project Ideas for my fort  (Read 768 times)

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Project Ideas for my fort
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:19:14 pm »

Fort Name:  ChanneledValleys
Group Name:  The Pointy Shields

I have massive veins of iron and silver, a volcano, and a river to provide endless water.  Only the first cavern layer has been explored, but there is an adamantine 2-hand sword somewhere deeper.  I have most of the production set up and have 2000 food and booze and a decent standing military of 30 (+2) dwarves.

What shall I attempt to build or do with this fort?
I play games of games inside games in my head.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ideas for my fort
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:27:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »

Wall in the circus, colonize it, then flood the unused portions of it with magma. Breed magma crabs and release them into your "moat". Build a Depot over the moat where you do business with the other civs, and drop every 7th caravan into the moat as a sacrifice to Armok. Sacrifice every elf caravan just to show them you don't care. Then excavate from the surface to the magma sea. Lower if you can.
This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 02:42:15 pm »

Has anyone tried capturing the entire circus in a giant trap without killing it. That would provide easy access to hell without having to wall anything off as nothing new should spawn?

This is probably what I will do next =P keep the clowns alive for a permanent zoo.. or find some elaborate way to drop prisoners in there without letting the clowns out =P Then again accidental clown deaths will result in new spawns... so a consistent way to get them to spawn into the "hell hole" would be needed.

As for the silver on your map, use it to fill the river completely with silver walls P, pave the surface in Iron, and put in some magma pools, villa's up there. Or turn it into hell and let the clowns live up there while you live down below =)
I voted for BANANA!

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:19 pm »

As for the silver on your map, use it to fill the river completely with silver walls P, pave the surface in Iron, and put in some magma pools, villa's up there.

I sort of like that idea.  However, if you are suggesting building houses over the river, I might like to use glass for the floors so the dwarfs might watch the water flow.  River of Bling!
I play games of games inside games in my head.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 02:53:25 pm »

Lol ya that would be cool, they could be terrified by all the carp underneath if you use glass grates =) or I think that stops them from getting cancellations now, but they can still "see them"

But I was thinking more of the Moses style pump stacks and literally replacing all the water with silver =P But I like your idea too.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:55:30 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »

Make an artificial valley, with prickle berry vines floating around here and there!

Then all of the HFS ideas.

FortKiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 03:43:14 pm »

Build an area, and wall off the map so the only way in is filled with cage traps. When an elf caravan comes, release whatever you've caught and seal the elves inside.