Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 102310 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Night 1
« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2012, 11:45:04 pm »

Well I have genuine interest in IronyOwl besides him not being here.  I wrote quite a bit about it.
Where did that happen?
Pretty recently if you looked up.

And yeah, I think you're probably scum Orangebottle.  You saw that you could vote Zombie easily and went for it.  I'm pretty confident his replies weren't insincere at all.
And where did this happen? I don't remember saying that Zombie was lying.
I'm talking about Zombie himself, not you.  Good that you are trying to take blame for yourself though I guess.

You only responded one of my points. Are you trying to say that the rest are valid?
Because if you don't, I'll assume that they are.
Go ahead, scum slips (as you've done) don't take up entire posts obviously.

Toony: Scum bussing lynches aren't unheard of. Also can you elaborate on why you voted Tiruin instead of me?
What you need to understand is that I could have held off 30 minutes easily and let the vote tie.  It's simply idiotic to bus in that situation.  It's not WIFOM.  It's logic.
There are reasons you would've lynched Tiruin yesterday as scum.
Spoiler: Useless Speculation (click to show/hide)
All idiotic.  As you say in number five.

I voted Tiruin because honestly you were posting a whole hell of a lot for somebody who could die at any moment.
WIFOM. He could've been panicking.
That's useless speculation now isn't it?  Try to stick with your hard evidence if you love it so much.

there's no way in hell I would ever do that as scum.
You're right, how could we ever think that scum would do something we didn't think scum would do?
Because they wouldn't.  It's not fucking complex to understand.

Fuck you dipshit
Very productive.
Back at you dumbass.

Well well, I have a much better feeling with Flandre and Darvi.  Scum don't bust their partners Day 1, I'm not going to even argue this.
Gonna stop LURKING IronyOwl??  Share some thoughts man!
Why is it that the first thing you do D2 is go after lurkers?
Because I think one has a high probability of being scum and even have a few quotes to share with them?  Why the fuck are you being useless.  I hate this town.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2012, 01:34:59 am »

And yeah, I think you're probably scum Orangebottle.  You saw that you could vote Zombie easily and went for it.  I'm pretty confident his replies weren't insincere at all.
I'm talking about Zombie himself, not you.  Good that you are trying to take blame for yourself though I guess.
...Oookay? The way you structured your post makes it seem like you're accusing me of falsely accusing him of lying.

Go ahead, scum slips (as you've done) don't take up entire posts obviously.
Which slips are these?

All idiotic.  As you say in number five.
No, I said speculation of that sort is useless. The point was to show that there are reasons that a scum would bus in that situation.
Because I think one has a high probability of being scum and even have a few quotes to share with them?  Why the fuck are you being useless.  I hate this town.
Probably because we're right.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 2 - Replacement needed
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2012, 01:46:35 am »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2012, 05:43:50 am »

Oh, I missed that post.
Basically, he's acting fairly passive and responded poorly to Toony's line of questioning in my opinion.  If he were not scum, he'd shrug off what Toony was saying, not OMGUS him.
Even disregarding the obvious question 'How the fuck do you know what I would and wouldn't do?': come here and tell me to my face that what Toony is doing, especially on D2, is not scummy. Especially the whole implying he's town. Actually wait, do answer that question. How the fuck do you know what I would and wouldn't do?

Implying what Shakerag (and you) are doing is not scummy.
That's not true though.  Where are you getting these ideas from?
Wait what. So what you are doing is scummy?
Well, no.  It's just more much likely I think.  Either horrible scum or a third party aren't accounted for I would say.
Wait what really. Have you heard about such a thing as WIFOM? Because you're spewing it. Gushing. Vomiting. Pissing. Bleeding it.
And third parties are the only real threat to competent players.
Wait what really. How come?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2012, 02:34:31 pm »

You aren't answering my question.  And no I wouldn't say what I'm doing is scummy that's stupid.

...Because a third-party has no partners to bust?  My logic doesn't work for them.  So I can say there's the possibility Darvi, Flandre, or myself (since says 'lynchers' is too hard on your brain) could still be a third-party easily.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2012, 02:35:53 pm »

And you took the last quote a bit out-of-context I think.  I was saying before that along with really horrible scum players a third party would be much more a threat.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2012, 02:46:14 pm »

I would like for you to consider the fact Dariush that your whole case on me is that I'm being "too town".  Think about it for a moment.

PROD IRONYOWL AND JOKERMAN

Jokerman hasn't been active since April 15th but Irony has no reason not to be here.  (And Urist requested a replacement too...sigh)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2012, 02:50:57 pm »

I can't post from now r through the week- vacationing.
Hmm I just had the thought Jokerman is doing something with Powder Miner too since they both left at the same time.  Maybe I missed that.  My bad I guess??  At least they'll be back soon now!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »

Alright, so, lurking past the deadline was a major fuckup on my part. Lurking afterwards wasn't good either, but I've had a lot to catch up on.

Toony:
Well well, I have a much better feeling with Flandre and Darvi.  Scum don't bust their partners Day 1, I'm not going to even argue this.

Gonna stop LURKING IronyOwl??  Share some thoughts man!
I'm forced to agree that Darvi and Flandre are most likely town (or at least, were on a different team than Tiruin). It's not so much that they bussed him as that they bussed him hard with (at least in Flandre's case, I forget what exactly Darvi was on about) valid reasons, and he seemed to be fighting back.

You I don't really think this clears at all, since I could totally see Tiruin thinking that he was useless and bound to be lynched sooner or later anyway so you might as well look town by bussing him. Fortunately for you, I don't think you're scum regardless.

I'm actually shocked Toaster was killed and not one of the lynchers, I feel so bad for you Toaster what did you even do this time.
Which is really, really handy for you here, because this is just straight up retarded scummy bullshit. "MAN I'M SO SURPRISED THE PEOPLE LYNCHING TIRUIN DIDN'T DIE BECAUSE I'D TOTALLY EXPECT SCUM TO WANT TO KILL THEM AFTER HOW AWESOMELY TOWN THEY WERE AND HOW MUCH THEY'RE WRECKING SCUM'S SHIT."

Declare yourself to be hypereffective obvtown more, it'll convince everyone you're not scum. I really hope this was a halfassed attempt at reaction fishing and not genuine surprise.

Toony, why all of this speculation about why scum killed who?
This is pretty stupid.  I'm actually surprised by this.  Isn't it better to well, figure out who scum are?  I mean by how Day 1 went we can infer who are more likely scum by how they interacted with Tiruin.  Unless you know something we don't know etc etc
This is also scummy as shit, which Darvi pretty much nailed below.

So you're excusing your buddying with wine that can be caused by an early bus?
No no no, I will simply not accept this.  That's so fucking stupid.  Do you remember how the day ended?  I got back from classes 30 minutes beforehand and it was still a tie.  I broke the tie by voting Tiruin, who was scum, there's no way in hell I would ever do that as scum.  I would shoot myself.
Which you then deflect with a blatant refusal to understand the purpose of bussing.

Seriously, I'm not getting a scum vibe from you, but I find it hard to object to anyone who wants to lynch your dumb ass.

Tiruin:  Hypothetically, you are scum.  Who do you want as your two scumbuddies?
Toaster and IronyOwl. From my experience, they work well with their wordplay and know how to handle themselves.
Thanks to my prodding on his hypocrisy he finally squeezed out this answer.  We already know Toaster is town and I have this thing where I list my scum buddies as one real and one fake.  Maybe Tiruin does the same thing.  How does this make you feel IronyOwl?
Completely neutral. We're both good players, and I have no particular reason to think Tiruin does some retarded pattern instead of just answering the question.

Fuck you dipshit
You've just admitted he's town. What's more, he caught scum, as opposed to reluctantly swinging towards scum at the last minute to break a tie. Who's the dipshit here again?

Also, Dariush is seeming unusually townlike. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Ah, you are reaction fishing. Perhaps you should do something useful instead.

Yeah I believe Zombie Urist is likely town now as well because of his arguments yesterday(game-time) at the end.
Go on.

Flandre:
The first thing that I would like to say is that Zombie Urist is likely town; the argument he set up against me last night was designed to bear more weight after his flip. He really does believe that I am scum.
I don't see your logic. Could you elaborate?
Only a condemned townie would devise an argument against someone with his/her own role-flip in mind. If Zombie died and flipped town, everything he posted would have been sincere, and that includes his last-minute attack on me. It turned out that ZU didn't die after all, so he had something like a Mafia-Style Near-Death ExperienceŽ.
I don't see why scum would react any differently, though, since it'd make them look town. What exactly makes you think he was banking on dying, as opposed to just making whatever arguments he could prior to possibly dying?

Shakerag:
Way to not read anything after that post, Dariush.  In addition to my reasons from yesterday, I'll add on that I can't bring myself to believe that ToonyMan is D1 bussing scum, so your continued crusade against ToonyMan feels even more like you're trying to get him mislynched because he's on to you.  Oh, and, you know, trying to start off D2 by voting me and somehow ignoring that I did post reasons for voting you before the end of D1. 
So you don't see anything Toony is doing that's scummy in its own right?

From my perspective, it looks like ToonyMan is shaking quite a few trees, and that's making some people very nervous.  I'm inclined to think that Darvi isn't scum for the same reasons I think ToonyMan isn't scum, but there's always the possibility that Darvi could be 3rd party. 
What makes you suspicious of Darvi? Why might Darvi be third party but Flandre or ToonyMan not?

Orangebottle:
...Oookay? The way you structured your post makes it seem like you're accusing me of falsely accusing him of lying.
Why so nervous here? I would have thought ToonyMan making a poorly worded post and then attacking you over it would be an excellent thing to push him on. Instead you sound defensive and innocently confused. Did he strike too close to home with that zombie urist comment?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2012, 05:38:05 pm »

Alright, so, lurking past the deadline was a major fuckup on my part. Lurking afterwards wasn't good either, but I've had a lot to catch up on.
Does...does that mean you did it on purpose?  You lurked through a tie vote for no reason!

I'm glad you seem to understand what I'm saying at least.

I'm actually shocked Toaster was killed and not one of the lynchers, I feel so bad for you Toaster what did you even do this time.
Which is really, really handy for you here, because this is just straight up retarded scummy bullshit. "MAN I'M SO SURPRISED THE PEOPLE LYNCHING TIRUIN DIDN'T DIE BECAUSE I'D TOTALLY EXPECT SCUM TO WANT TO KILL THEM AFTER HOW AWESOMELY TOWN THEY WERE AND HOW MUCH THEY'RE WRECKING SCUM'S SHIT."
Declare yourself to be hypereffective obvtown more, it'll convince everyone you're not scum. I really hope this was a halfassed attempt at reaction fishing and not genuine surprise.
I admit I felt cocky after lynching scum day 1.  I regret making that second snap reply when the day started.  :\

Tiruin:  Hypothetically, you are scum.  Who do you want as your two scumbuddies?
Toaster and IronyOwl. From my experience, they work well with their wordplay and know how to handle themselves.
Thanks to my prodding on his hypocrisy he finally squeezed out this answer.  We already know Toaster is town and I have this thing where I list my scum buddies as one real and one fake.  Maybe Tiruin does the same thing.  How does this make you feel IronyOwl?
Completely neutral. We're both good players, and I have no particular reason to think Tiruin does some retarded pattern instead of just answering the question.
What an incredibly passive answer.  The two quotes I made (originally here) show a clear defense you had of Tiruin and also that he mentions you as a scum buddy he would want.  I think it's a very clear connection.

Fuck you dipshit
You've just admitted he's town. What's more, he caught scum, as opposed to reluctantly swinging towards scum at the last minute to break a tie. Who's the dipshit here again?
Need I remind you Darvi will continue posting in other parts of the board but not here for the weekend (unless he read this :P).  He's probably town but I hate how he plays.

Also, Dariush is seeming unusually townlike. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Holy fuck no.  If he's actually town I want to smack him.

Ah, you are reaction fishing. Perhaps you should do something useful instead.
I don't understand what you mean here.  Are you confused because of Dariush's out-of-context quoting of me or am I confused on what you're saying?

Yeah I believe Zombie Urist is likely town now as well because of his arguments yesterday(game-time) at the end.
Go on.
I already have.  It's like you don't care.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2012, 07:36:35 pm »

Heh, no, I don't know Jokerman at all. It's a pretty cool coincidence though.
Now to catch up after being gone for a week, which I hate doing asljfhgjfdlkghjselgh.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2012, 05:05:58 am »

You aren't answering my question.  And no I wouldn't say what I'm doing is scummy that's stupid.
Which one? You know, from here it really looks like you're activelurking by dragging out every argument for as long as possible without really saying anything.

...Because a third-party has no partners to bust?
And that matters becaaaaaaaaaause?... Also, why are you ignoring the parties who do have partners to bust?

And you took the last quote a bit out-of-context I think.  I was saying before that along with really horrible scum players a third party would be much more a threat.
'You think'? Meaning you aren't even sure? Also, I think this is the first time ever I saw you double triple QUADRUPLE-posting. Panicking much?

Besides, your logic is dumb shit. Third party could be anything from a cult who is dangerous regardless of scum's proficiency to a puny survivor who isn't dangerous regardless of scum's proficiency. Give me an example of a specific third party type you're talking about.

I would like for you to consider the fact Dariush that your whole case on me is that I'm being "too town".  Think about it for a moment.
Do you have some kind of a wish-granting djinni role? No? Bad for you. Because in that case you saying you're town doesn't make it so. Think about it for a moment.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2012, 11:48:00 am »

Which one? You know, from here it really looks like you're activelurking by dragging out every argument for as long as possible without really saying anything.
""Where are you getting these ideas from?""  It's probably because you don't know how to read question marks actually.

...Because a third-party has no partners to bust?
And that matters becaaaaaaaaaause?... Also, why are you ignoring the parties who do have partners to bust?
Because one of us could still be third-party, which isn't ideal.  I'm not ignoring the bussing and I in fact completely deny it because it's fucking stupid.

'You think'? Meaning you aren't even sure? Also, I think this is the first time ever I saw you double triple QUADRUPLE-posting. Panicking much?
Not really.  You can't edit your posts remember?

Besides, your logic is dumb shit. Third party could be anything from a cult who is dangerous regardless of scum's proficiency to a puny survivor who isn't dangerous regardless of scum's proficiency. Give me an example of a specific third party type you're talking about.
I don't know what third-party they could be, it's just a possibility that shouldn't be over-looked.

Do you have some kind of a wish-granting djinni role? No? Bad for you. Because in that case you saying you're town doesn't make it so. Think about it for a moment.
This means god damn nothing.  What are you even saying?  Fuck you idiot.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2012, 07:25:51 pm »

I still can't see Flandre as town.
Only a condemned townie would devise an argument against someone with his/her own role-flip in mind. If Zombie died and flipped town, everything he posted would have been sincere, and that includes his last-minute attack on me. It turned out that ZU didn't die after all, so he had something like a Mafia-Style Near-Death ExperienceŽ.
Don't understand this. After who's flip?
Yours, although I doubt myself now that you had no idea what I was saying.
I have no idea what you are saying. I had no intention of dying D1, since a tied vote results in no-lynch.

OB: Your argument that there may have been other reasons why Think is scummy is horrible. This can easily be applied to any player. It is also very defensive.

Darvi: Please explain in detail your reasons for voting Tiruin yesterday.

I'm beginning to think that there are multiple non-town factions.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2012, 07:33:18 pm »

Why were you so confident you wouldn't get lynched?  It would have only taken a single vote.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32