Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 442314 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #3030 on: May 16, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »

By the Great One, are you refering to clockwork you or someone else? (not me of course)

And are they just bypassing SPHM and the GOMs?

Room is 1/3 was unburried when you arrived
The fortress is honeycombed with corridors, so a relatively small detatchment of the Horde came through the particular hallway you were digging out of the reach the dining room.

CW Hugo is the great one, for resurrecting them from the void. The Xenos and HFS demons are the reinforcements. Not that many demons though, as most died in the first purge of Hell.

Ah, ok.

Rolls a 3.5

The skirmish did not go quite as planned, and 12 of the 20 giant olm men were killed.  All of the Daleks were dead, however, and they were unable to broadcast an alert over their radios.  The giant olms dug at a slower rate than before, but still made progress.

1/2 of the dining room is unburried!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 16, 2012, 07:37:17 pm »

The new Daleks are made from kittens, which were partially under CW's power initially. They have been convinced that it is their diety/emperor. Many of the creatures are under a very subtle mass-hypnosis, induced when the Temporal Engine brought them here. This is why they are not currently fighting amongst themselves.

Just though of something; Weird, if you kill any Xeno's their blood might make good amunition for that chemical douser.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: May 16, 2012, 07:41:00 pm »

2/3 of the dining hall is unburied!
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 16, 2012, 07:45:35 pm »

A creeper explodes, leaving only 2 Olm Men left! SPHM furiously wrestles with more Xenomorphs, being careful not to spill their blood on himself, but then another Dalek appears. Plumpy throws the Xenos in front of the beam, then leaps on the dalek. "Keep digging!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: May 16, 2012, 07:47:21 pm »

BTW, that crystal might be trapped; it could be dangerous to send an army in through without first taking down the overall barrier. Come yourself, and then see if you can clear the way for your army.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 16, 2012, 07:49:16 pm »

Uh, Hugo, they are GIANT olm men.

Reinforcements come!  30 Giant Olm men.

And I don't see why you are coming after me.  Weird is the one trying to shut down your machine.

99/100 of the dining hall is unburied!(they work fast.)

BTW, that crystal might be trapped; it could be dangerous to send an army in through without first taking down the overall barrier. Come yourself, and then see if you can clear the way for your army.

The Giant Olm men and Super Plump helmet man are clearing the barrier.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:25 pm »

The barrier, as in the one sealing the whole world. Needs to be shut down for large-scale dimension jumping. CW Hugo can't see into the fort, so he doesn't know quite everything that is going on. The upper levels are just under attack, so the general swarm of enemies happens to be coming through that hallway frequently. Having found a pocket of resistance, they are attacking it.

Wonder what's happening with that Oliolli duel?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 16, 2012, 07:57:28 pm »

Since you, ZTG, have had the closest association with this world out of all the other dragons, you alone can get through the small breach in the time lock. When it is completely smashed, the conflict can reach it's full scale.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: May 16, 2012, 07:58:50 pm »

You forget what SPHM told Weird, and Weird's reaction didn't you!

It was this by the way:
[Card= A of hearts]

He sat down on the stone floor, wishing more of the coolness would soak through the suit.  He would need a bath, and the suit would need aggressive cleaning when this was all over.  For the time being, the calm before the storm, and the cold stone floor would have to do.

Jolting off of his stone bench in the infirmary, spilling his bucket of well water over in the process, plumpy acted like had just been bitten by a giant mosquito, or stung by a bee.

Weird didn't really care. Who knew how a giant fungus managed to think, let alone be sentient, considering the complete lack of a nervous system. A few quirks and oddities were likely to be expected from such exotic sentience.

Well, he didn't care, until plumpy waddled over, his disturbingly phallic shaped head dropping off bits of charred cruft as new myconoid tissue grew underneath as it bobbed into view.

"What do you want plumpy?" He asked, rubbing his forhead earnestly. He felt like a nosebleed was coming on. He hadn't had those since he was a very little kid.  God, that seemed so long ago now.

"I... well.... we.... uhm."

"Out with it plumpy, I'm a busy man. I still have to re-rig the flaps on the reagent vials."

The plump helmet man scowled.

"We have to drop the barrier." He said flatly.

"Barrier? What barrier?!" Joykill scoffed back. "If you mean the rubble in the doorway, you need your fungus examined, because that's fucking stupid!"

The scowl on the plump helmet's disturbingly cute face was a twisted caricature of anger mixed with permanent joy.

"The... .. the timelock, whatever the hell that is!" Plumpy shouted, purple rushing into his stem.

"Timelock? Why would we be under a timelock?"

"I don't know! I just know I was resting in the infirmary, and a really loud roaring voice demanded that I tell you to breach the timelock. I don't know what a timelock is, why we would have one, what one does, or why I was told to tell you, but I did. Jeeze!"

Memories of clockwork hugo's cagetrap monstrosity in the vents above the dining hall came to mind. Getting in there would be a real trick, given that the door was blocked with rubble, swung *IN*, and was bowed OUT from the collapse.  Those doors would be more likely to crumble than swing after what they had been through.  On top of that, there was the deadly gas he has jettisoned in there about an hour earlier.  There wasn't nearly enough metal in there to bind with all the chlorine and hydrocyanate he had filled that room with.  The vents would be choked with deadly corrosive gas.  That assuming hugo hadn't moved the damn thing, or that he could even get in.

"Thanks plumpy." Weird said. "Go back and rest a bit more. Hell's coming to breakfast. Let's try not to be the main course."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: May 16, 2012, 08:00:38 pm »

"If'n ye be friend, why there be walkin' dead be hind ye?" Demanded the dwarf while cleaving a demon in the head.

"If you were trapped in this crazy place, with nothing between you and things that defy rational explanation besides the bodies of your friends, would you raise them up to kill their killers if you could?"

"Good point lad!" The dwarf shouted. "Any chance o' raisin a fe' mo're? Thing's a gettin hairier an my wife's back o'r 'ere!"

[Card = 6 clubs]

Weird straightened, and faced the corpses, and as formally as possible, made the invocational gesture. Not a damn thing happened.

"I tought ye said ye could raise te dead!?" Shouted the dwarf, bouncing a dalek energy pulse off his axe and into a charging shoggoth.

"I CAN!" Shouted weird, "But something's been screwing with the magic or something!"

"Try again!" Yelled the dwarf, slicing into a green abomination, red nitric acid spilling onto the floor in a hiss.

Weird grimmaced....

[Card = king of spades!]

Again directing his attention at the corpse pile, and performing the ritual, there is a sudden peal of sound, and suddenly daleks become marshmallows  shooting chocolate syrup, the acid spraying plants become singing daisies, the shoggoth become animated vanilla flan with caramel, and the demons turn into clones of hello kitty.

"What teh ' ell did you DO lad!?"

"Hell if I know! I told you, somethings screwing with the magic, but I've never seen anything like this before!"

"'Te hell are tese thin's lad!? They're worse an before! Dey won' shu' up!"

"You want me to try again?"

"Nae!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 16, 2012, 08:02:35 pm »

I laughed out loud at that, and still am laughing.

Don't forget about breaking the time-lock, weird!

100% of the dining room is unburied!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: May 16, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »

Well, looks like we've all got our work cut out for us.

HugoLuman sat straight up in his hospital bed, and screamed, then fell back down again, blood dripping from his nostrils. Suddenly, Corai found a loaded Uzi in his hand.

Shoggoth is still in the caverns, slowly on it's way up. And what's more: the 5 troll husks are no longer in hiding.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:05:33 pm by HugoLuman »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 16, 2012, 08:08:12 pm »

A Section of the cavern has collapsed!

Sections of the fort that are under hostile control are being collapsed, enemy forces are beginning to be bottlenecked into tight corridors. If you need something, tell the kobolds in the vents. Some of them are part of the mining team and can clear rubble rather skillfully. The main stockpiles (kobold palace), main entrance, magma forges, and lower residences and all empty workshop and residence areas have been collapsed and are off-limits. Enemies in staging area in stockpiles presumed dead. Cavern access denied for what a single wall of rock is worth.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:08 pm »

Unfortunately, the Enemy is has begun using the Creepers and SWD's to dig. See if you can get the poison gas out of the vents!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: May 16, 2012, 08:24:07 pm »

Suddenly, a roar, like that of an object breaking the sound barrier, shot through the fortress.  An arc of lightning shot out of the crystal, killing all the enemies in the room.  A void opened up in front of the crystal, and Zanzetkuken the Great, aged a dozen years came stepped through with four dragons.(They were a part of the merchant caravan that visited the fort previously)He was dressed in pale-white body armor up to his neck, built in the fashion of the samurai.  His shoulder plates were bone white, and in the shape of a dragon skull.  From the skulls draped a pitch black cape that looked akin to a black hole.  Upon his head was a pale-white helm that covered his face, and had two had a dragon in gold going over the top and back of the helm.  From his waist were two adamantine broadswords, with dragonbane arrows on his back, crossed with an elven bow.  "Where is the time-lock device?" he said.  "I do not know, high emperor," said the super plump helmet man.  "But weird may know, but the fort is under attack by a slade colossus."  Slightly suprised, Zanzetkuken said, "The colossus will not be a threat for long."

Roll:2 (I changed the system to whatever I rolled the most.  Around three was the only thing I was getting when averaging.)

The colossus turned to Steel, and the Artisan of Kozilek, and All is Dust were summoned to face it.

Each of the Eldrazi are the size of a mountain, so good luck!

Note: it was partial because the colossus was only turned to steel, and I wanted to summon the Ultimates instead!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:33:03 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 214