Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 442467 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2940 on: May 14, 2012, 11:30:11 pm »

...and hugo is masterwork slade now. :D
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: May 14, 2012, 11:34:13 pm »

So, my bad self has fused with an otherworldly abomination that was once a kobold, forming a giant unspeakable monster, and now you've turned it into a slade colossus.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: May 14, 2012, 11:35:59 pm »

Made you sink waist deep in the dirt from your now epically absurd weight?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42:28 pm »

Fools! If it isn't reversed, that monster will purposefully compact itself by a small fraction, creating an event horizon!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: May 14, 2012, 11:45:12 pm »

Turn him into air... ooh! Or vomit!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: May 14, 2012, 11:46:47 pm »

CW Luman fights back, manipulating  the raws to transform MrHappyFace into a puppy.

EDIT: with pitchblende paws, because !!CHAOS!!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: May 14, 2012, 11:50:32 pm »

I frown and then fall into a bottomless pit.
I will return!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: May 14, 2012, 11:54:49 pm »

Gods damn, this thread deserves a TV tropes page.

An explosion echoes from the mountainside. From the hole emerges a Special Weapons Dalek. A burnt and battered Super Plump Helmet Man leaps upon it and after a fierce struggle manages to tear it open and squash the mutant cat within. SPH Man drags himself over to weird joykill and flops at his feet.

"Extract the nutritious juice from my body. It's healing capabilities will greatly enhance your suit. Do it! It will kill me, but it is the only way!"

When you engage the HugoL/Gbaneg, choose boss music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3aEQuxQEOw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Yp3Pdo4ho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-_g8NZr1tA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatFEG41_GI
or
Mozart's Requieum
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:59:56 pm by HugoLuman »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:17 pm »

Can't I just... you know.. stuff corai and deebus into some rebuilt dalek casings?

They're small enough to actually fit in there you know.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: May 15, 2012, 12:00:21 am »

Good idea!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: May 15, 2012, 12:11:47 am »

The situation was dire.  People outside were dead...or worse.

People in the lower fortress were dead... or worse.

Now, a smouldering giant plump helmet man had blasted a new "door" into the upper fortress. Clearly, armok was laughing his fat, bearded head off.

"Save the juice for later plumpy. I'm still good. Just do me a favor, k?"

The SPHM was confused.

Joykill reached up between his shoulders, and grabbed the mute, petrified lizard creature, and scrambling out the hole to the smoking remains of the heavy weapons dalek, unceremoniously pushed him in. 

"Its simple really. Give me the top of the this basted thing, so we can give it a jump. Poor guy's been running scared for 199 pages. He deserves this.... maybe..... perhaps..."

(I hope this is a good idea. This things armor is stronger than a normal dalek, ad takes some real abuse. My standard issue dalek cannons would only mar the paint.)

More confused, the SPM jams the head bac ok, locking corai inside. 

Fumbling with one of the power packs in his backpack, joykill gives the tank a jump.  The iris on the eyestalk glows red, then constricts.

Mechanically distorted kobold laughter erupts from the com system.

"Woo boy..........."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: May 15, 2012, 12:22:32 am »

Also good choices for boss music for this fight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRNBFDqeYhA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ_hgmGEhsw&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr89EG6cqPQ

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lock and load, Corai!
For good measure, SPHM removes his glorious purple cape, now xx Somewhat Tattered xx, and drapes it around the new Kobold tank
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:25:37 am by HugoLuman »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: May 15, 2012, 01:41:07 am »

I like this one better.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENS5VxVQyEU

Another good choice.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BIrc0UGuV-w

While not quite appropriate, this is pretty awesome too, if only for the overlapping 4 part harmony.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJcrXSWTCg
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:04:13 am by wierd »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: May 15, 2012, 06:35:44 am »

The automaton peered out of the hospital door, wary and ready to slam it shut in the face of danger.  Its head scanned back and forth across the hall, taking in everything within its sight.  Before long, it withdrew to the hospital, engaging the many locks and counterweights which secured the door.
Gizogin: Well?
G-Body Mk. VI: No signs of activity, living or otherwise.
Gizogin: Good, it seems I've escaped notice.  Mk. V, guard the door.  Let nothing enter without my express permission.  Mk. VI, come with me.  I need to run a few more tests.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: May 15, 2012, 07:42:27 am »

In case someone had been/has been/was/is/will be wondering about Oliolli's odd behaviour, I've figured he has some sort of psychological condition. He has multiple personalities. One a cold killer, badass fighter and tactical genius. Our resident stoic and ineffectual loner rolled into one.

The other is a more relaxed Oliolli who, while smart in several ways, does not fully comprehend the concept of "danger". Not in the badass way, but in the too dumb to live way. Won't swim through a pool of magma not because it would be bad for him, but because what he's looking for is on this side of the pool of magma. Maybe a hint of cloudcuckoolander. Think Gordon Frohman.

He changes between them quite quickly.

Oliolli, did you take me out of that shed when you left? That is, the comatose one and not the omnicidal robot one?

I actually left you in my room for that time. That's what the note was about, another Oliolli (named Frank) had come and summoned the Legends.

Gods damn, this thread deserves a TV tropes page.

I was telling my friends at school about this today. They said the same thing.

By now Oliolli had gotten another idea. As he was getting ready to put his plans into motion, a Spawn appeared into his doorway. Sword drawn, the Spawn approached Oliolli. Acting quick and doing the first thing that came to mind, he pointed his index finger at the Spawn.
"Look out! I have a finger, and I'm not afraid to use it!
"Time to die, little one."
"Uhh... Uhh... BANG!"
The Spawn stopped, fell to it's knees and rolled over to it's side, dead. Oliolli looked at his finger, then the Spawn. Only after this did he notice wierd at the doorway. "Try to be a bit more carfeul next time, will ya?" Oliolli hid HugoLuman under some papers and left his room. Wierd was already fighting more Spawn a short distance away. Going the opposite direction, Oliolli ran into another Spawn, who thrust his sword through Oliolli's stomach in a quick move. "Sorry, but I'm in quite a hurry, so if you could just let me pass..?" The Spawn didn't react to this instead waiting to see how long it would take for Oliolli to stop moving. Oliolli wasn't planning on stopping, and was in a hurry, so he grabbed the Spawn's sword-wielding hand to try and break it's hold on the sword, still lodged through Oliolli. After some desperate attempts a loud crack was heard and the spawn screamed, dropping to it's knees and letting go of the sword. Oliolli kept going, only to be stopped again by another Spawn, who grabbed Oliolli by the throat and lifted him half a meter into the air. Asking the Spawn to let go, as he was in a hurry, Oliolli was ignored again. This time grabbing the sword lodged in his stomach, he gave the Spawn's arm several blows, severing it. Oliolli freed his throat from the hand's grasp, rubbed it and placed the sword back into his gut. Who knows, maybe it had some important purpose there... he thought. It wasn't long before he reached a hole in the floor, leading to the lower levels of the fort and hopefully the spires. Oliolli noticed several tumbleweed demons rolling around on the lower floor and thanked his luck he wouldn't have to open up a new way into hell.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 214