Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 442706 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2730 on: May 12, 2012, 01:45:59 am »

I'm at the "doesn't really care about anything anymore" point when it comes to personal injury. Unless its really life threatening severe, I really don't feel it anymore.

Well, I do, but its there and gone. Doesn't linger like pain used to before I embarked on my super dangerous childhood. 

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: May 12, 2012, 01:50:05 am »

‼Gbaneg‼ lets out a mighty roar as the fires harden it's skin. Charging at Niminem Ultima in a state of rage comparable to those of giant sponges, Niminem Ultima is momentarily disabled. Using this moment to it's advantage, ‼Gbaneg‼ moves to the side of Niminem Ultima and charges again, almost knocking the fortress over. Noticing the ‼hammerhead whale‼ and ‼hammerhead yak‼ approaching form his left, ‼Gbaneg‼ spins 270° clockwise and transfers all this momentum into a powerful punch that knocks the ‼hammerhead yak‼ off the ‼hammerhead whale‼. Grabbing the ‼hammerhead whale‼, ‼Gbaneg‼ starts turning and rotating, building up momentum to throw the ‼hammerhead whale‼ away. By the time Niminem Ultima and the ‼hammerhead yak‼ were ready for battle again, ‼Gbaneg‼ had built up all the momentum he needed. ‼Gbaneg‼ throws the ‼hammerhead whale‼ aiming for the ‼hammerhead yak‼, resulting in both of the combatants soon finding themselves in what was once an elven forest retreat, now a wreck left behind by the Ollifex. Those two dealt with for now, ‼Gbaneg‼ turns his attention to Niminem Ultima again. This mobile fortress wouldn't be mobile for much longer... nor a fortress.

(You might be safe if you hide in one of the biohazardous waste barrels... a nice clean one you know... if it can keep the goop in, it can keep it out too.)

We already have Gbaneg, now you want to turn Corai into one of those things too?

Shower door (made out of glass) fell apart while I was leaving said shower. Gave me multiple scars and had to see a doctor to get some bits of glass out.

Yeah, that's the worst that has happened to me.

My strangeness is all natural, not caused by accidents.

Ninja'd twice while writing this...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: May 12, 2012, 01:52:55 am »

(Shhhh! No, I mean a brand new one, that's never had any toxin in it! The plan was to convince him it was safe to go inside, then cap the lid on tightly, then launch him out of the catapult at gbaneg! Perhaps fire him out of the dragon's cannon.....)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: May 12, 2012, 01:53:33 am »

Hah, what surprised me after the crash was that the massive amounts of adrenaline surging through me enabled me to limp home, dragging my mangled bike behind me.

It even lasted long enough for me to treat my injuries (abrasions, lacerations, etc) with betadine/iodine before the pain came back and I realised just how injured I was. :P

No broken bones (very, very strong bones. Never broken any).

I had abrasions on my hands, arms and legs. Lacerated my thigh from hitting the bike's handlebars / fork. Lacerated my eyebrow.

Seriously, it was a sight to see. The thirteen year old limping home dripping blood. (Probably should've called my parents, but I was near home and I didn't want to stress them.)

My head bounced on the road nearly eight times. If I had've not been wearing a helmet, I don't doubt that my brain would've been splattered on the road. As it was, the helmet broke almost in two.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: May 12, 2012, 01:55:45 am »

If I was a Gbang, oh the pain you would all feel.

......Im gonna go hide now, before he turns your ultimate weapon into scrapmetal-OOOOOOHOHOHOHOHH! YOU USED GOLD FOR DECORATION?

Corai turns around and waits for the fortress to be shattered.

And I heard you Weird Joykill, like I would fall-IS AT THAT A AMETHYST IN THAT BARREL?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: May 12, 2012, 01:59:49 am »

Why.... yes it is!

There's even a rare star ruby in there too!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: May 12, 2012, 02:03:36 am »

Meh, I hate those gems.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: May 12, 2012, 02:12:41 am »

Star ruby isn't good enough? Its only one of the most valuable, and occurs as a rare inclusion in a ruby cluster, which is itself rare.

Perhaps you prefer oddities though, like an alexandrite? Two different colors! Wine red-purple indoors, flashy green outdoors.

Maybe you prefer more common, but delicate stones, like opals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: May 12, 2012, 02:14:44 am »

There are alexandrites to be found here in Idaho. Can't get anybody to reveal the location though. I play "crazy stupid conspiracy "theorist"" card!

Of course there's a shitload of other gems available, too!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: May 12, 2012, 02:16:54 am »

Corai begins following Weird Joykill for the alexandrite.

Wait, I am a kobold.

Corai stabs Weird Joykill in the leg, causing him to drop the gem, Corai grabs it and flees, into a pit, and a steel roof covers him.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: May 12, 2012, 02:18:57 am »

Occasionally I find small bits of sprarkly green opal in the ninnescah river here, washed out of the rockies way out west.  Being so soft though, the river has usually eroded them down to nothing, and the excessive moisture has harmed them.

Opals are such fragile things.

These are usually a pearlescent white, with glittery flakes of green. Some have bits of orange.  Never seen any bigger than a pencil eraser though.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:49 am »

You should see the ones mined in Coober Pedy in South Australia. The biggest one was 17,000 carats (3.45kg, ~8lbs).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: May 12, 2012, 02:26:19 am »

Occasionally I find small bits of sprarkly green opal in the ninnescah river here, washed out of the rockies way out west.  Being so soft though, the river has usually eroded them down to nothing, and the excessive moisture has harmed them.

Opals are such fragile things.

These are usually a pearlescent white, with glittery flakes of green. Some have bits of orange.  Never seen any bigger than a pencil eraser though.

My crafting material supply shelves have been inundated with common opal/agates/jasper recently. With summer semester off from classes, I intend to fix that!

It's all rather lovely colors, especially for Saint Patrick's Day. Deep to mint greens, orange/red of varying shades, and wonderful milky gray plume agate. Also some basic white and red chert deposits in the mountains here. Lovely stuff, this silica.

Best of all, I'll be getting a restock on the agate and deep green jasper this August.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:28:52 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: May 12, 2012, 02:37:03 am »

We have deep deposits of pennsylvania shales here, and have some interesting things in them.

Out west we have chrinoid and trilobite fossils and ancient shark teeth.  Out east, in the flint hills, we have all kinds of flints and cherts.

To the southwest, we have beautifully deep colored yellow and red sandstones just oozing with red and yellow ocre. (Check out the photos from kanopolis state park on google image search. Just look at all the yellow ocre in this sand!)

In my area though, the most interesting features are a local earthenware clay that melts into a really sexy bright emerald green glass, and crystalline gypsum deposits.

I really want to set up a real glass works and ceramicist shop some day.  I love clay and glass.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: May 12, 2012, 02:39:30 am »

We have huge amounts of fossilised creatures on the Mornington Peninsula. So much that if you simply break up a rock there, you're likely to find a fossil.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 214