Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 442788 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1440 on: April 16, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »

I feel guilty now, because I just realized Talvenio is testing a mod.
Not sure why you should feel guilty...

Just took mine off.
This might explain it, though.

As far as socks go... I'm not wearing any. Oh, and the paralysis/coma thing also makes the unlucky viewers bleed from their eyes.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And that was perfect. lol
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #1441 on: April 17, 2012, 12:08:53 am »

I just took my black socks off!
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 17, 2012, 01:45:19 am »

Man that was an interesting 5-6 pages taht I didn't actually read. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1443 on: April 17, 2012, 05:00:09 am »

Why risk personal injury of that sort, when you could just ask me, and I could make you some improvised claymore and bouncing betty mines instead? :D

Those can't be directed. Also, home made boom sticks can be wired up with string. Or socks. Imagine those in weapon traps. Plus detonating explosives underground... Doesn't seem particularly fun to me.

Or rather, it does, which is why I don't want to be underground when someone drops the match :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 17, 2012, 06:07:35 am »

If I had more expierience with firearms other than a musket I dare say we could totally make simple blackpowder firearms. Even if they're just handcannons.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 17, 2012, 06:17:06 am »

Why risk personal injury of that sort, when you could just ask me, and I could make you some improvised claymore and bouncing betty mines instead? :D

Those can't be directed. Also, home made boom sticks can be wired up with string. Or socks. Imagine those in weapon traps. Plus detonating explosives underground... Doesn't seem particularly fun to me.

Or rather, it does, which is why I don't want to be underground when someone drops the match :P

Oh you silly man.  A claymore mine is a *directional* cluster mine. :D

A suitable simulant can be fabricated similarly to a shaped charge explosive housing, with a purposefully weakened side, and a honeycomb filled with small metal bb's. A combination of case hardened steel, a high quality zirconium-aluminum oxide ceramic plate, and a kinetic detonator filled with a high explosive, like nitroglycerine, and you have yourself a real treat for goblin christmas. :D

Don't waste your time with little boom sticks. Go for the real fireworks on guy fawkes day.

Bouncing betties are good for elves and irritating little kobolds. But trolls, forgotten beasts, and the goblin menace?  Play with the bigboy toys.

Also, don't waste time with black powder boomsticks. Not enough energy in the detonation for real fun. Go for nitrocellulose. Very easy to make. Probably could be made from dead pigtail socks even. All you need is really good cellulose dryer lint and some nitric and sulfuric acids. Makes fine gun cotton. it packs 6 times the punch of black powder.

(Much longer post concerning synthesis of primer caps, suggestions for base gunbarrel steel alloys, and the like redacted, pending consideration of google indexer, and that it was even more scary than above.)

Just pointing out that claymore mines are very much directional, and will very much turn several people into ground beef, very very quickly.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 17, 2012, 06:24:11 am »

Where would we get the acids to make that kind of propellant though? And besides, blackpowder weapons eem so fittingly polluting and vison obstructing..... And I was just think for a temporary measure until we got actual man stopping guns that don't take 30 seconds to reload, like some nice preloaded cartridge using breach loaders. (let's face it, the majority of us would probably be lucky to average 30 seconds with a muzzle loader)

Plus, they all would make a loud boom, so that's a nice demoralizing measure.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1447 on: April 17, 2012, 06:26:24 am »

umad I know what claymores are >:|

Well, not as well as you apparently do ^_^

Still, it is disheartening when you say claymore and they hear claymore.

I was going to slate the mine, but then I saw this:
Quote from: wiki
Claymore is command-detonated and directional, meaning it is fired by remote-control, shooting a pattern of metal balls into the kill zone like a shotgun.

Well, that is something.

Still, trap avoids. Or a Dwarf falling asleep on top of one. You could link the boom sticks to levers, to make sure it only triggers when you want it to, claymores, not so much :P

So judging from the last 30 pages, the fort'll be 30% explosives, 10% Dwarf, 10% cotton, 20% alcohol and the rest being made up of bay12 antics.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 17, 2012, 06:28:37 am »

Mm.... BOoze and explosives.... What could possibly go wrong?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 17, 2012, 06:34:11 am »

I'll go with "nothing whatsoever."
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1450 on: April 17, 2012, 06:34:53 am »

I'll go with "I meant to do that."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 17, 2012, 06:44:26 am »

Sulfuric acid is easy to synthesize if you already have nitric acid. (Burn sulfur to ger sulfur dioxide. In a well cooled reaction chamber, pump the gas through a recirculating mist spray of water and nitric acid. After 30 minutes or so, the sulfur dioxide will react with the nitrate to becom sulfuric acid and nitrogen gas.)

Nitric acid requires a platinum mesh catylist, and anhydrous ammonia. Ammonia is initially heated in the presence of the platinum mesh catylist. Once the reaction kicks off, it is self sustaining and highly exothermic. The platinum is not consumed. Ideal platinum catylist contains traces of rhodium. The suffocating gasses produced are an exotic blend of nitrogen oxides and water vapor. The gas needs to be recirculated through the oxidation reaction on the catylist several times to ensure high levels of NO3 gas is produced.  This gas is then bubbled under pressure through distilled water, with capture and recycling of undissolved gas.  The result is red fuming nitric acid.

Chemistry is fun!

(Ninja 4x)

Squib wires and some cheap zinc/copper + saltwater batteries, and you got yourself a "big red button" you can pound on. :D

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 17, 2012, 07:52:21 am »

Yes, yes, I'll get to continuing the tale of the Twelfth Bay...

The entire fort would be blown up within days of wierd first making some sorts of explosives.

At least with wierd onboard we'd be quite safe from invaders. Anyone here know the basics on how an AK-47 works? I know that all in all it's a simple desing, I just don't know it in detail.

I also know (at the very basic level) how a bolt-action mechanism works. As long as we could make proper ammo (bullet, powder, casing and primer) we could start producing bolt-action rifles.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 17, 2012, 11:00:29 am »

Slate is easy to shatter and can form some sharp bits. A slate boulder with a hole in it filled with explosives aad rigged to low shulld create  some nice splinters, hopefully enough to cause bleeding and pain to unconciusness.
because, after all, we do want to keep some alive, how else can we get new recruits for testing with
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 17, 2012, 12:17:12 pm »

SO.....

After almost a hundred pages I am curious, has anyone actually Ogranized something?
((looks around))

So much goofing off, boozing and being lazy
.  I don't know weather to be disappointed, or proud you are keeping up Dwarfish culture
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 214