Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 443098 times)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1110 on: April 12, 2012, 05:14:03 pm »

Kodkod would be angry that the tea was served with sugar cubes but no milk though. No amount of delicious strawberry tea buscuits would please her over the affront I think.

On the contrary, I'd probably be far too drunk to notice.

If the dwarven metabolism allows them to effectively process alcohol to avoid drunkenness then the problem is that they're not drinking enough of it, something that I was rectify in my own case. Less for you teetotalers, more for me!
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 12, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »

The Journal of HugoLuman

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 12, 2012, 08:27:11 pm »

.......Dwarven metobolism......

Dwarf....thief.....

....Steel-clad thief with adamanite dagger....

Be right back, ill be at a elf forest to steal some.....axes, yea, woodcutting axes.......
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 12, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »

Leave me in charge of weird engravings...
And you may or may not want me near the traps. It will either break when I try and tinker with it, I'll accidentally kill myself on it, or we'll suddenly have a trap with ten reciprocating spears shaped oddly like giant phalluses, and a giant cockscrew corkscrew in the middle adorned with rings of goblin guts. All of my traps are Freudian. Some of them also have fun little touches, like a nameplate with a thinly veiled dick joke as the name.

Aside from the sudden level of Urist McFreud spam, children might go... missing. Into a secret project of mine. I can guarantee that at best 50% will live and become great additions to the military!

I'm a madder man than the regular drunken dwarf, i is!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 12, 2012, 08:54:44 pm »

And you may or may not want me near the traps. It will either break when I try and tinker with it, I'll accidentally kill myself on it, or we'll suddenly have a trap with ten reciprocating spears shaped oddly like giant phalluses, and a giant cockscrew corkscrew in the middle adorned with rings of goblin guts. All of my traps are Freudian. Some of them also have fun little touches, like a nameplate with a thinly veiled dick joke as the name.

Aside from the sudden level of Urist McFreud spam, children might go... missing. Into a secret project of mine. I can guarantee that at best 50% will live and become great additions to the military!

But can you engrave... this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3iOROuTuMA

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 12, 2012, 10:09:42 pm »

On the wall is an engraving of the mad human Salad Fingers and rusty spoons.  The human is caressng the spoons. The artwork relates to the fondling of the rusty spoons by the mad human Salad Fingers in the desert of madness, in the autumn of 1997.

(Whatever you do, don't watch "spoilsberry toast boy", by the same creator. It is........beyond disturbed. Salad fingers is tame.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:11:40 pm by wierd »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 12, 2012, 10:12:43 pm »

This is a engraving of kobolds, dwarves, and elves. The kobold is yelling. The elves are dieing, the dwarves are switching levers. This relates to the Thread "The elves have struck again! My cut-rock is worth more than cut gems!" in 2012.

This is a engraving of kobolds and dwarves, the dwarves are drowning, the kobold is stealing, this relates to the drowning of dwarves in 198.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 12, 2012, 10:34:45 pm »

A kobold has stolen a kea leather-bound journal!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 12, 2012, 10:42:17 pm »

This is Xesthuian the eternal love. It is a masterwork kea leather-bound journal! It menaces with spikes with diorite, it circles with rings of copper. On the back is a picture of kobolds and dwarves.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 12, 2012, 10:50:31 pm »

Mate, we've got the weirdest engravings around. See that one over there? The one that looks like it fits somewhere inbetween two and three dimensions, and makes  your eyes hurt when you look at it? I made that three weeks ago, and nobody knows what the hell it is, including me. I suspect greatly however that it is an engraving of a goat cheese.

On the subject of Moods, however, I'd like to ask that if I were to go insane from a mood, that it be prevented; I have quite a lot of willpower and could probably cope with it enough to survive, granted I would be incredibly pissed at myself for the rest of my life and never let it go...

Also, Forumite is listed as both an arriving human-migrant and as previously dying in the fortress in that most recent update. You should definitely continue writing more entries because they are awesome, and like Hugo Luman, I may very well begin writing my own journal with a different viewpoint of the happenings of the Twelfth Bay Fortress.
This space for rent

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 12, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

The Journal of HugoLuman

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I must get that book.

I got that book!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:55:36 pm by Corai »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 12, 2012, 10:54:04 pm »

This is Xesthuian the eternal love. It is a masterwork kea leather-bound journal! It menaces with spikes with diorite, it circles with rings of copper. On the back is a picture of kobolds and dwarves.

Can I have my journal back now?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 12, 2012, 10:56:41 pm »

The kobold turns, looks in fear, then recognizes the speak.

"Hello Hugoluman, I see I got your journal, and from what I read, you seem to be seeing kittens and wanting to spread goverment. Maybe your dwarven-friends may wish to hear"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 12, 2012, 11:01:42 pm »

The kobold turns, looks in fear, then recognizes the speak.

"Hello Hugoluman, I see I got your journal, and from what I read, you seem to be seeing kittens and wanting to spread goverment. Maybe your dwarven-friends may wish to hear"
That journal is all I have in the world. I will give you as many xX+Donkey leather socks+Xx as you want for it. And I'll read you bedtime stories about Deebus. Please give me my journal! It doesn't contain the secrets of life and death (...yet) so I can't see it being any use to anyone but me.

PS don't remember naming it that or having those decorations. Must be [UTTERANCES]. That or you've already showed it to someone...

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 12, 2012, 11:02:16 pm »

forum users experimenting on each other instead of helpless dwarves? Oh boy, you can bet this is gonna get good
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 214