Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 442430 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2925 on: May 14, 2012, 10:57:56 pm »

Within 14 seconds of the first rift opening, Kasmko was dead. Within 2 minutes, his family was dead. Within 20 minutes, the nearby town was void of life. Within 40 minutes, a kingdom-wide evacuation alert had been given. Within 80 minutes, the only living people in the kingdom were in Ersigalka, a fortress that had never been breached, guarded by 7000 of the finest veterans the kingdom had to offer. Within 100 minutes the Great Northwestern Peninsula was void of non-spawn life, and the kingdom had been destroyed. The Spawn now had a new target.

The blast had knocked Oliolli unconcious. Waking up in a pile of rubble, which he soon realised to be his favorite engraving in the fortress, that of KodKod tearing out the his previous body's heart, he could hear fighting all across the fortress. Oliolli walked to the hole he had left in the wall and looked out. Vast armies of Spawn, marching towards the Twelfth Bay, a dwarven caravan and what seemed to be an army of slayers charging out of the fortress to meet the Spawn. Looks like I did forget to carry the two... Oliolli thought and started climbing down the mountainside. He knew he wouldn't be able to take on the Spawn. Instead, he had to get them away from the fortress. Oliolli rubbed his temples. He had no idea what to do, so he did the first thing that came to mind, as it was still better than nothing. "HEY! YOU! I'M OVER HERE! Come and get me!" he shouted and started running. "I'll be waitin' on ye with a whiff of the old brimstone!" he added, heding for wierd's old lab. Unfortunately, the site was empty, nothing useful could be found. So Oliolli started scraping at the ground, trying to dig a foxhole for himself. The armies of Spawn were getting closer to him, when all of a sudden, as if a god from a machine, a cave swallow man, carrying a fungiwood spear and a tunnel tube shield. "RUN!" Âsax shouted, and run Oliolli did. Making his way towards the fort now, Oliolli had gotten an idea. Making his way to his room, the first thing he noticed was a small note on the wall that said:

This guy wanted some help from you. You owe me one.
 -Frank

Oliolli had never liked Frank. Frank always tended to forget all those times others had helped him. By Oliolli's accounts, Frank owed him several. Tearing up the note, he started looking through his papers. In a sudden stroke of horror, he checked that the note he had just torn up wasn't one of his papers. After getting certainty, he continued looking through the papers. "WHY WON'T YOU JUST GIVE UP?" The shout came from outside, in the hallway, and as Oliolli went to see what was going on, he saw someone wearing a massive armored suit firing energy beams at the Spawn. "You're doing great!" He shouted to the armored suit and continued going through his papers.

7 ninjas.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: May 14, 2012, 11:00:56 pm »

Mechanical tentacles came out of the wrecked clockwork body and wrapped around a nearby Dalek. Within moments, the Dalek was painfully torn apart. and the components of its shell were spliced into the mechanical body. CWHugoLuman scoffed at Corai and left him. Corai wondered why, but then saw the huge Xenomporph queen approaching Deebus's twitching body.
"GET AWAY FROM HIM, YOU BITCH!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: May 14, 2012, 11:01:56 pm »

Oliolli, did you take me out of that shed when you left? That is, the comatose one and not the omnicidal robot one?

CW HugoLuman called to the spawn: "WELCOME MY FRIENDS!"

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: May 14, 2012, 11:02:48 pm »

WHY, WHY MUST I ALWAYS BE THE COMIC RELIEF!

CHAIR THROW!

(Like a kobold!)

AIR VENTS!

(Like a kobold!)

RUN AWAY!

(Like a kobold!)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: May 14, 2012, 11:02:55 pm »

While having little control over the raws, mrhappyface still had power over the data files. For better or worse, he shut off temperature and weather, straining with the effort.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #2930 on: May 14, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »

Emerging from the same rift Kofthefens had crawled out of, emerge demons and creepers. Kofthefens sends wave after wave of cats towards them, a veritable mass of fur.  By now the opening is a seething mass of claw and tentacles, a writhing mass of felines. As fast as demons blast the cats with fire, more cats appear. Kofthefens laughs at the carnage, never noticing the army of Daleks spawning behind him.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 14, 2012, 11:06:24 pm »

D'oh, how did I forget about Asax? Quickly, he must be assigned to a squad with the other members of the Hall of Legends!

Corai scurried down the air vents, carrying Deebus's spear with him. By Armok he would use it before the day was done!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: May 14, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »

(It blew up when the meteor hit....)

Giant monsters were pouring in the main gates.

Armok's beard. Outside too.  The world was more chaotic than a kid with ADD on speed!

Glowing blue blood gushed from the spawn's bodies as energy beams ripped the life from them.

He tried, but the bodies would not raise. Clearly, these abominations had been well engineered.

Again, thankful for the level 4 biohazard protection of the suit, he stepped over contaminated body after contaminated body, shooting them down faster than they could pile into the fortress.

Reaching the door, he blasted the wall, collapsing the opening, and sealing the way in.

The fortress was turtled, and pincered from both ends.

"God this sucks!"  He shouted.  A cat walked by. Then another.

"Goddamn it! I killed your bitch asses!" She roared, blue light streaking the hallwaysc and cats going down like chocolates on halloween.

Then he heared it. Fell and terrible.  Hugo. He was laughing.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: May 14, 2012, 11:11:52 pm »

A hole in the air vents are noticed by Weird Joykill, a small troop of kobolds with arrows, led by a spear-wielding Corai was waiting for Weird Joykill too attack.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #2934 on: May 14, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »

A blast from a Dalek hits the ground by Kofthefens feet. He turns around to find a Dalek-splosion. His cats have fallen back into hell, the opening sealed with their flaming bodies, leaving Kofthefens helpless against the army. He at last can relax. He has no choice now, no options. All he can do is wait for the Daleks to reach him. It is peaceful, knowing he can do nothing. Smoke rises in the distance. He knows that at least he did his job. Hell has been quenched in burning cat bodies. He stands, waiting, never knowing that he had caused his own killers to appear.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: May 14, 2012, 11:20:27 pm »

Oliolli, don't let Evil Me find me!

"COME HERE, GBANEG!" shouted the clockwork fiend to the largest abomination "I NEED YOUR HELP FOR A FEW MINUTES! AHAHAHAHAHA!"
The clockwork hand touched the pulsing flesh, and in a horrible swirl of metal and unholy organic matter, the 2 fused into a towering humanoid. It is composed of metal and pure terror. Beware it's deadly everything!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: May 14, 2012, 11:21:28 pm »

A blast from a Dalek hits the ground by Kofthefens feet. He turns around to find a Dalek-splosion. His cats have fallen back into hell, the opening sealed with their flaming bodies, leaving Kofthefens helpless against the army. He at last can relax. He has no choice now, no options. All he can do is wait for the Daleks to reach him. It is peaceful, knowing he can do nothing. Smoke rises in the distance. He knows that at least he did his job. Hell has been quenched in burning cat bodies. He stands, waiting, never knowing that he had caused his own killers to appear.
"EXTERMINATE!"

"Yeah, I figured"

Kofthefens has been shot and killed.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: May 14, 2012, 11:22:13 pm »

Weird wasn't sure why... but he was actually happy to see the little bastard in his torn up business suit.

"Armok's beard, get out of the vents! Who knows what's in there!" He shouted.

"Get down here!"

Crouching on the ground, and calling himself everything but a sensible scientist, he motioned the haggard looking kobold up onto the pack on his back.  The added weight negating the savings from the upgrade, his legs protesting under the prolonged stresses of wearing it.

All things considered, it was about the safest place in the fortress at the moment.

Assuming the batshit crazy thing didn't stab him in the neck back there.

"Did you see hugo?" Weird demanded, adjusting the new weight between his shoulders.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: May 14, 2012, 11:25:39 pm »

I like where this is going.
Material & Quality hacking...
Hugo Luman
Changemat force
INORGANIC:SLADE q 5
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:29:01 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 14, 2012, 11:27:12 pm »

Subtype not supported, try using 'force'.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 214